It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever spoken to a child who talked of a past life?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hi, i've become quite interested in the theories of reincarnation over the last year and i've seen many great threads on ATS about the subject.

A point I see made quite often is that children upto the ages of around 5 years old often discuss details of seemingly past lives, many members have also said that if you ask a small child what they used to be they will more often than not tell you.

What i'd like to know is if anyone on ATS has first hand experience of a child recounting a past life?

If so i'd love to hear how the conversation went if anyone minds sharing the details, i'd love to be able to ask one of my friends children this question but my friends don't quite have the same beliefs as me and they might find it odd or a little uncomfortable,

thank you in advance

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

Ooohh! How exciting, excellent thread! S/F

I haven't spoken to a child who recalled past lives, unfortunately, but I hope you gets LOTS of traffic here.
I've been studying this phenomenon off and on for about 25 years. I think it's absolutely fascinating, and I'm 95% convinced that reincarnation is REAL.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Thank you very much, i love positive replies. i'd never given reincarnation a second thought until fairly recently but the idea of it seems to make so much sense and it answers so many of my questions,

I've read of peoples experiences online but never here on ATS so I can't wait to see the replies

thank you

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

the idea of it seems to make so much sense and it answers so many of my questions,

I know! Right?
It makes the puzzle pieces fit SO SMOOTHLY and so logically together. You're welcome. I'll keep you company until others show up to tell us about their experiences.

You know, the other day it occurred to me that IF IT IS real, BUT, we are simply randomly "recycled" rather than having lives that teach us sequentially via experience how to reconnect with the Divine AND we might wind up anywhere in any circumstance, wouldn't it make sense to make sure that no matter WHERE we land, we will be okay? I think it's a great motivation for creating world peace and everyone having enough. So we can concentrate on the "learning" part and not so much struggling just to survive.

(my theory is that we keep coming back until we've "learned" - or sometimes we come as "helpers" or "facilitators" for others - called "soul contracts" - which is what we forget at about age 5ish so that we can learn it by LIVING it, not just by knowing ahead of time how it will turn out. Like "karma".)

edit on 27-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I have talked to a child who talked about things that they couldn't have known. It's kind of eerie. We often ignore kids but I think we need to put aside our pride in our knowledge sometimes and listen to what they are saying. We are born with genetic knowledge and kids are not fully conditioned yet. We, as adults, assume things too often. No wonder kids get the idea that they are smarter than their parents. They don't really understand that the constant bombardment of conditioning will change them too. It will narrow their mind eventually as it does ours. We send them to school to condition them to live in society, to ignore what is important and learn to look at what we are told to look at.

This is a form of communication, it is not really reincarnation. I think information is stored in things and some people can read it.
edit on 27-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yeah, my mom thinks it's genetic memory and the inheritance of knowledge from our ancestors and parents.

Certainly there are family and ancestral "traits" that repeat themselves. For example, my brother is a LOT like one of my uncles, who had very little input or presence in our lives. They're both still alive...so, I dunno.

My dad was an engineer: my daughter got that trait as well. My son is more of an artist. My dad's mom was a concert pianist and writer - I'm also a writer and tend more toward arts than sciences in my "interests and talents." Hmmmm.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

thank you, i've read many of your posts so i feel kind of honored that you've taken such an interest in this,

do you have any interesting stories to share that might be applicable to this thread, or you can let me know details of literature you've found particularly useful during your studies if you don't mind?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
My 5 year old brother used to tell my mother she was his second mom and that he had one before her. He hasn't spoken about it in a while so either it was a manifestation of his imaginations that he's grown out of, or he just doesn't remember any more. I guess he could also just not be mentioning it any more.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

We have so much Genetic knowledge in us that I feel it outdoes the minds stored knowledge ability by ten to one if not more. The common consensus has been that that knowledge is not important. What fools people are to ignore something so important. There is no way that tptb can condition genetic knowledge, all they can do is try to destroy it with chemicals or to try to get us to ignore it as unreal. We are conditioned from the day we are born.
edit on 27-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minnie1985

thank you, i've read many of your posts so i feel kind of honored that you've taken such an interest in this,

do you have any interesting stories to share that might be applicable to this thread, or you can let me know details of literature you've found particularly useful during your studies if you don't mind?

I don't mind at all. The work of Dr Ian Stevenson and Brian Weiss come to mind immediately. Also, a woman named Judy Goodman used to do public speaking engagements and workshops regarding the subject - she was probably the clincher for me...
All of them have plenty of online coverage. Also, youtube has some great stories - one little kid in Scotland was convinced he was from the island of Barra - a doctor and his mom both worked together to take him there - and found his house where he lived. Fascinating.

I'm way honored that you feel kind of honored -
Lots of people think I'm just a windbag - which I suppose I am - but I also have quite a bit of education and opinions (not all of which are warmly received!).

edit on 27-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

We often ignore kids but I think we need to put aside our pride in our knowledge sometimes and listen to what they are saying.

I completely agree with you on this one, kids are perfect and innocent, and have such simple yet perfectly achievable views on life, but they are quickly disregarded as ''just kids''

when i was a child i always used to ask myself ''why there is so much sufferreing and violence in the world? why can't everyone just be nice to each other?''. to me this seemed so simple and so natural, but now after seeing why people really are the way they are I understand why my ideology wasn't such a simple one afterall,

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
When my son was around 3 years old(he is almost 12 now) he would talk about "a long, long time ago". He said he was an Indian(native American), how he always wore "slippers", about an aunt that would always rock him(at this point in his life he had no aunts). He also talked about a big fire. Even now, he will have nightmares/can't sleep if he watched a tv show or movie that involves house fires.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
We are talking about children right?

Like children that love to make belief?...

I wouldnt read to far into it. Kids make things up and they
will usually tell you thats the case if you bother to ask. If you
"play along" they will continue.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by itsjustme0421

Very cool! Well, not that he has nightmares, but very interesting!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Hi, thanks for your reply, have you asked your brother more recently if he remembers saying that? it would be interesting to see if he does,

i've just been watching a video of a man describing a situation on a plane involving a little boy and his mum whilst flying over louisiana, here's the text version, and the link to the video is www.eckankar.org...

Ethiopia or Louisiana? By Sri Harold Klemp
A six-year-old boy was seated near me, next to the window on an airplane flying over Louisiana. Looking down at the vast marshland with its many intersecting channels of water, he turned to his mother and called out in an excited voice, "It looks just like Ethiopia." The embarrassed mother tried to quiet him. Everybody knows that Ethiopia isn't in the middle of a marsh, because drought has drained life from the place.
A businessman, sitting across the aisle from the boy, lowered his newspaper and began to chuckle. "Ethiopia!" he said. "Have you ever been to Ethiopia, boy?" He laughed, relishing the thought of any likeness at all between Ethiopia and Louisiana. "It looks like Ethiopia," the boy said.
The man erupted into a bellow of laughter. Other passengers joined in. "The boy thinks Louisiana looks like Ethiopia," he said, repeating the boy's words for anyone who might have missed them.
This brought a fresh peal of laughter. The chastened boy grew quiet, and his mother flushed a bright red.

When the plane was ready to land, the boy said to her, "We're almost there." "Where?" his mother asked. The boy hesitated. Rather than say, "Ethiopia," he said, "There!" The boy had recalled a distant past when certain areas of the world, now dry and brown, had enjoyed lush vegetation. His memory of those days was clear and certain. He remembered the past, because he had caught a glimpse from a higher spiritual vantage point. His eyes had glimpsed the Time Track.

this little boy was so hurt by the mocking that it automatically conditioned him to be careful about what he says,

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
No but I used to fall all the time as a baby

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Lots of people think I'm just a windbag

I've never heard the saying 'windbag' before and it really made me smile - don't know why, it just tickled me,

So i've done a search on the meaning of windbag and I completely related to it, i'm sure some of my work colleagues would say that i'm a windbag, but i've got a little sign made out of driftwood that says ''you don't have to understand me, you just have to love me'' and when i know they aren't following what i'm saying i read the sign to them and it makes them smile,

i'll definitely be checking out the sources you've recommended, thank you

just a random question but i can see from your profile that you are a writer, would you by any chance be familiar with the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I'll look forward to discussing things more with you!

would you by any chance be familiar with the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King?

No, I haven't read that series, but I've read some of King's other stuff.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

read the book many lifes many masters. It talks all about one persons experience.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Not actually past life but I have a 10 year old grandson, who at 3 yrs was in the garden with my daughter, she just said to him to look up at the sky and cloud shapes (you know as you do!) He then said as a matter of fact! I was up there! my daughter said were you! he replied yes before I they gave me eyes & legs and arms & I came down here! he didn't say any more.

Then his little brother at around 3 months was being taped while laying on his dad and jabbering away, his dad making baby sounds back! a few months later when checking to video we can clearly (to us!) hear him saying "I Kai I only came" and then after a little longer appear to get fed up trying and give up!
www.youtube.com... the odd thing about this is he is now 4 and is unable to say a whole sentence and uses gestures to make himself understood.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join