It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever spoken to a child who talked of a past life?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I know a young man who before the age of 4 spoke Spanish even though he was never exposed to it. He loved Mexican food (and still does) and has always been attracted to Hispanic ladies. It is the family joke that he was Hispanic in his past life, and it was so prevalent when he was little, that his granny calls him her "burrito baby"

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
have a nephew who had a black cousin named george.my nephew is white with all white family

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
My daughter claims a past life in a world called Langloss, and is writing a novel based on it.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Not quite about a child telling about reincarnation, in fact a little weirder. Before I was born in 1964 my mother had a miscarriage, she was knocked over by the family dog, that was about 18 months before my birth and my mum has always said she was having a girl.
Three years after my birth my mum had a girl, which is fine she was the last kid as my mum was 38 at the time.
Lets now travel 39 years into the future and I have a strange dream. I am confronted in my dream in my kitchen by a woman claiming to be my sister.
Although there is some resemblance to my sisters she is not my sister, in the dream I ask her to leave as she is on private property. She says she is not my born sister but the one that my mother lost before me and that she is alright and coming back. I ask her her name and she says Lila or Layla I cant remember which.
I wake up and recount the dream to my wife and she laughs and says what a strange dream.
Lets go forward about 6 or so months and I get the news my younger sister is pregnant, for the first time which is quite a shock as she is approaching her 40th birthday.
At this point I am happy for her but concerned as she has MS but the pregnancy goes well and in due course has a baby girl, now the weird part is my sister names her Lilah, and I had never spoken to my sister about this dream. There are no Lilahs in the family and to me it is not a common name. Did my unborn sister contact me to let me know she was coming, I dont know but what I do know is that my 5 year old niece seems far older than her years.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
My daughter from age two, on more than one occasion spoke of 'before'
And was adamant that I and her mother were once 'her' children.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

Minnie;
Past lives are very real indeed “I believe”! My daughter when she as young (3, 4, 5 +) always spoke to past relatives that she never met they have left this world before she was even born. They told her great stories and she was always talking to a wall or a corner like someone was there. Many days I spied on her just to see who or what she was saying-whom she was speaking with. She said “mommy it’s grandma and ran down the hall-way to show me the picture on the wall. I called my mom and told her I think grams is here and talking with ___ (my daughter). We had verification of this scenario and what was being said was verified by my mom!
My daughter also use to say when she was older she had re-occurring dreams about living in her past (past life)? My daughter stated she live with a Mexican or black family (sorry forgot) with lots of people and very nice mom and a small dog.
So many stories I wish I have logged them down she was ultra-sensitive person I think with the ability to see before and beyond (future). One of her last journal entries stated that if I was in a coma only leave me on life support for one year and a will (I never knew about this) I bought her a journal when she was 11-12 yrs. Old I have still not read it all the way through!
She died at the age of 15 yrs old , as I sit here writing this crying just remembering how special she was and how I miss her so much she was a blessing from God, I learned so much by her love of life and people! I know I will see her again;” be patient God said; you will understand one day, I promise!”
It’s been 3 years now and I’m trying to hang on, each day is a different day I just wonder how I make it to the next one is still a mystery to me.
Life is truly a mystery sometime we don’t always understand why things happen but to be patient and all will be revealed to us. Others have ability to this in-sight most are very true-some are false.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Certainly there are family and ancestral "traits" that repeat themselves.
reply to post by wildtimes

This is sort of interesting about traits repeating themselves. My mother won a college scholarship, back in the 40's, after entering a state sponsored Bow and arrow contest. The thing is, she had never shot a bow and arrow in her life, and entered the contest on a dare. Then a few years back, my husband wanted me to learn how to shoot a gun, for protection, so I went for the class and test. I had never shot a gun in my life, but kept hitting the bulls eye. Everyone kept asking me where I learned to shoot, and I had to tell them that I never have.

Perhaps, both my mother and I had gained this surprising expertise in a previous life. I don't know, but it certainly is weird, and I can't explain it.
edit on 27-4-2013 by StarsInDust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If you are reincarnated does that mean there are people with no soul then... because there are more people alive now on earth than in all of history.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

My wife when she was a child would talk about Atlantis to her parents. Her parents couldn't understand where she learned about Atlantis because they never talked or knew the story about it. She believes she once lived on Atlantis in a past life. I do know she's also terrified of deep water. Who knows, it is an interesting perspective when you read about children who talk about past lives and the stories end up checking out.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
If you are reincarnated does that mean there are people with no soul then... because there are more people alive now on earth than in all of history.

We're not from earth, most people haven't reincarnated over and over here. There are infinite souls and this is an infinite universe. We're all from the cosmos, all ET in source.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
When my oldest daughter was three, the wife was buttoning her rain boots on for her to go out in the rain. My daughter asked her, "Mommy, do you remember when I was the mommy and you were the little girl?"

My wife told her no and asked her to tell us about it. My kid said that the boots then had a lot of little buttons, and that she had to use a buttonhook to button them, and our three yr old made a very deft motion with her hand as if buttoning a lot of buttons.

"We have one in the closet!" she said excitedly, and got up and ran to the closet where she rummaged around a bit and came back with a modern latch hook rug making tool that looked for all the world like a buttonhook from the early 1900's.

Needless to say we were shocked and amazed, and this turned out to be a big stepping stone in our very interesting spiritual path.

A couple of years ago I went through a series of past life regressions. At first my mind was simply responding to the questions I was asked, but after an hour of lulling and hypnotic tones, images started to flood into my mind from anunknown source. Images of being a young native american and canoing along the coast of some islands, and living in a very large indian village on the edge of the body of water.

I also experienced images of being a white man in those same times, and later on a psychic said I lived two lives very close together, one of a civil war soldier and one of a young native american. Too synchronistic and strange lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I was that child. I was offered to go back into the light when I was young as three. Never told my parents. There was a door that kept showing itself for me to go back into. I'm not sure why I was allowed to go back. But I knew I could at anytime. The door closed after I made a conscious decision to stay here on Earth. No more door openings after that.

I didn't remember my previous life times per say, but I did remember that I came before this lifetime. It's difficult to explain. I knew I came from somewhere else. I know I will go to somewhere else after this life time. I'm not sure how to close this, but I'm sure I'm heading back to the ether world at some point.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

This isn't much, but I'll share it for what it's worth.

For a couple years when my daughter was just a toddler, she insisted that her name was Amy (it's not), and she would try to get her dad to remember when he used to push her on the swing at the beach. But she would not talk to me about it, because I "wasn't there" and I "didn't know."

My parents told me that when I was small (pre-school age), I had horrible nightmares about being in stocks and being beaten by people with triangle hats. My descriptions made them think of pilgrims, but they didn't want to show me pictures and scare me more, so they never pursued it.

Like I said, not much!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
So, I don't want to sound like a nut or anything but I have to say that I am starting to believe that I have a particular flashback from a past life.....I know, I know.... it sounds crazy, but here's my story anyways:
Ever since I was a little girl, it's actually one of my first memories, I've had a reoccurring dream/nightmare. I say nightmare only because when I was a little girl I would wake up shaking, crying , etc. from this particular dream. In the dream I am in a 70's station wagon driving along a bridge over some kind of waterway with people I don't know in this life but somehow recognize them in the dream. Then all of a sudden we are no longer on the bridge and the car is filling up with ice cold water. Everything is silent. Then I wake up. As I said before, I have been having this dream since I was young. So, within the last few years have been doing some research on past lives, leading me down the path of possibility this could be a memory. The dreams were so vivid, it was like it was happening; I remember being absolutely terrified of bridges as a little girl because of this dream. Even as an adult I still occasionally have the dream....

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I hesitate to answer because it is not a direct answer to your question, however, I believe there are degrees of remembrance and some may be born into the same family.

About 15 years ago I began to do genealogy and felt a strong affinity for a great great grandmother,Rebecca. Much later I learned that after her husband left her she 'went crazy' and was placed in a mental institution where she died in 1912. Somewhere on ats, I believe, I read that we usually reincarnate about 33 years later. I was born 33 years after her death. Like her, I fell in love and was so devastated by the loss that thus far, 8 1/2 years past and after many years of the deepest depression I have ever experienced, I am still unable to care about anyone else. Who knows?

My son at a very young age displayed a sense of integrity that he could not have learned at that time. Though I am known by family for my integrity you might think it is inherited. Personally, I believe things such as this are soul attributes that have become integrated into you as a soul and can not be passed on other than gradually by teaching. They have to become ingrained in you so that they become who you are as a person. This child also was fearful from birth and would never sleep alone. He had to be in my arms.

My grandson had a fear of being lost and not being able to find his way home. At about 3 when in the car with me he asked if I knew how to get home. Didn't want to ride the bus to school and often refused to get out of the car even in Jr. High. His mom home schooled him and when 9th grade came around a switch was flipped and he integrated into school easily.

There is so much about reincarnation that we don't understand but I can be demonstrated on many levels I believe.

Good thread OP

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KPJBeliever

I should probably add that I was not born until the late 80's and that no one in my family ever owned a 70's model station wagon in my childhood. The only reason I know that it was a 70's station wagon in my dream is that I had the dream again a few months ago and the next day I started doing some research on what I remembered of the car in my dream when I stumbled up this picture that looks exactly like the car we were in in my dream:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Yes, my niece, from the time she could talk until about age five or six, she constantly spoke of life 'before she was born' and 'after I died', all the time to her mother, had details of her previous life, said she rode a motorcycle, died on it, refused to wear girls clothes, said she was a boy (she did outgrow this, now lives as a straight woman). She is now in her 30s and has no memories of this. She never heard talk of these things and her mother was a fundamentalist Christian at the time. She also taught herself to read at age three. Had a difficult young life (very volatile emotionally, mood wise), but okay now. I think she hurriedly incarnated and didn't take time between lives as one should (I've come to believe this anyway).

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

Thanks for sharing that about your daughter! Don't worry she is right there next to you, even now! This life all goes very very fast and you'll be reunited soon, and it will have seemed like a twinkle of an eye.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
When I was about three, I told my mother and grandmother that my real name was Elot. My grandmother often speaks of a recurring dream that she's had all of her life, in which she envisions an old lady at the mouth of a cave, and on or around the entrance to the cave is a sign that says, "Astarte".

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I was working as sales rep in a clothing store when 5 - 6 yr old child came up and started talking to me about this man and when I asked him if it was his father he looked at me like I was the most stupidest person in the world and said emphatically, "No, it's me. It's when I use to be a man." His mother then came over and said to him. "I told you to stop talking like that, now come here and stay here with me." and took him by the arm and dragged him away.

At the time I was still debating about the whole reincarnation theory, but this child caused me to look further into it, because he was so sure of himself. Soon after I found a book called "Many Lives, Many Masters" by Dr Weiss. This is the book that sealed the deal for me on reincarnation along with my encounter with the child.

I am now a firm believer of reincarnation and have discovered many aspects of my life linked to my life before now Great thread SnF..
edit on 28-4-2013 by 2manyholes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join