It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love Jesus.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
He is my Father, he is my best friend.
No one knows me quite like him.
He lightens the load that is heavy,
he guides with loving hands.
He provides for us what is needed, so we can better understand.
He is my everything, and everything is him.
He grounds us when we're falling,
he picks us up when we fall.
He surrounds us with beauty daily,
he see us through it all.
He is my savoir and my Lord , my redeemer and my grace.
He is the light that will never be replaced.
I will never forget what he did for me, what he did for us all.
I am eternally grateful, my faith will never fall.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Originally posted by mideast
Lots of replies but the love for Jesus is still rare

My personal belief of Jesus differs from yours, but I love Him nonetheless.

There are many differences , but we humans gather together despite them.

Like every one knows god different than the other one in Islam but they are in one religion. ( the example came from my experience. I don't know other followers much)

And I knew it when I started this.
edit on 26-4-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Lots of replies but the love for Jesus is still rare

My personal belief of Jesus differs from yours, but I love Him nonetheless.

There are many differences , but we humans together despite them.

Like very one know god different than the other in Islam but they are in one religion. ( the example came from my experience. I don't know other followers much)

And I knew it when I started this.
edit on 26-4-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

But it is the same God that loves all people, and all creation, that loves us. He has the same love for us and desire to bring our souls closer to Him.
edit on 093030p://555 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Nice thread my brother,
i hope there comes some positive crowd this way and very honestly the hope is thin but lets hope!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

well you know since it was 2000 years ago. They would really have txt messages of it.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The problem with love is that when you love someone or something, you do not really dissect the reality of the situation impassionately but simply look for the good parts. Likewise if we hate something then we look for the parts that would back up our feelings. Richard Dawkins does this as good as anybody.

So looking at Jesus, if the man existed (and although no proof, many of the old books around the world e.g. Iliad are based on shreds of truth, then there was some novel and "humanitarian" thinking here to be applauded. But it easy to look at a situation and say "Was this the best outcome?". The wedding at Canaa is one where he produces a miracle to create more wine at the end of the night. In that simple act if he had instead gave a great speech about the effects of alcohol on the body and that people can still enjoy themselves with water, then how many lives could he saved as Christianity becomes entwined with alcohol?.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

From greece to egypt are all part of the beast and many already worshipped those Gods but The heavenly father cut them down. All beings before Christ and the many civilizations that have gone before have all been decieved into distruction by the fallen angels

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I came into this thread thinking that I was going to read a post by yet another "Bible thumper".

But instead it would seem that its from a "Koran thumper"...

I'm confused.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Hi Mideast, it's telling that your peacefull thread has been open for half a day i think, and there is not a more positive response in the way of stars and flags.... i'm not suggesting that this was your intent, however it's a quick barometer of reader appreciation.
i'm not a christian, but taking only what we are told that jesus said, i feel that it is hard to see him as anything other than a positive force. my take on him is that he is one in a great line of teachers, and while i dont really believe in a personified higher power that uses revelation in the sense of abrahamic religions, his words can benefit us all.. as can those of the buddha, your own prophet, or any number of inspirational thinkers and writers on our life throughout history. however the difference is not important in my opinion, rather the commonality.

i very much enjoy your posts and threads - ATS is a better place for having you and others with your open hearted approach as contributors, peace

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
And I think Muhammed was a pretty swell guy. If he was visited by Gabriel in the cave during his prayers, I can't say for certain, but I will respectfully disagree with his assessment that Christ was not the Son of God. He was, is, and always will be.

My issue with Islam as a whole is that it seems most Muslims, who seem to be moderate to progressive, allow kinds of complacency and say or do nothing to those who teach and live a radical fundamentalist Islam.

But Christianity isn't much better, it's just that we have laws that prevent fundies from throwing stones at gay men. If the roles were reversed, I can guarantee you that the fundies would be the ones blowing themselves up for our Savior.

If Christianity and Islam were more like, say, Buddhism, we wouldn't really have these problems. Buddhism has had a few small problems with ridiculous individuals making trouble in the name of Buddha, but we basically universally recognize that they're wrong, and fringe, and Buddhism doesn't advocate what they did.

Neither does Islam or Christianity, though. We need a total reformation (or in the case of Christianity, re-reformation) of our beliefs and values if we're ever going to serve God and better the world, especially in this age of pain, suffering, greed, and selfishness that plagues us terribly.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth
Nothing in this post can be scientifically proven.

Is there any taped conversations of these talks between God and Jesus? Phone records? Text messages?

If scientist are interested then they can check brain patterns on people who are highly spiritual and see the physical effects of chakra (or something similar to the idea of chakra changing energy flow in the body). But most scientist do not want to open up that can of worm and go against the nonspiritual dogma that rules society now days.
edit on 26-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Science is not the be all end all of human experience. Unfortunately, science is not God, nor can it find God any more than we can find God in material phenomenon.

All science does is lift a veil, and find more veils. Science is a beautiful quest for humans to gain more and better revelation into that which God willed into existence, and continuously uncover the laws and integrity of the universe, but one thing it will never do is disprove God.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by mideast

I just wanted to reply to your signature.

God is not a "schemer" as that makes Him seem devious and cunning. That is what Satan does. God is Light and does not need to make secret plans. The Christ was foretold long before He walked among us.

I clearly remember Jesus saying "father, why have you forsaken me" just before being nailed to the cross. It appears there were some secret plans...even Jesus did not know about.

It is no fun when you know all the twists in the story beforehand is it? My guess is temporary disconnection from feeling "gods hand" on his head since the body was exhausted and could not transfer the signals to the brain to the extent that he was used too.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
Science is not the be all end all of human experience. Unfortunately, science is not God, nor can it find God any more than we can find God in material phenomenon.

All science does is lift a veil, and find more veils. Science is a beautiful quest for humans to gain more and better revelation into that which God willed into existence, and continuously uncover the laws and integrity of the universe, but one thing it will never do is disprove God.

But it will in the end prove god without the dogma that some religions seem to be so interested in saying is from god if it seeks within spirituality also.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Proof that brainwashing works, right in this thread guys!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Jesus was born of a Virgin and the Holy Spirit of God . He was the Son of God and Died on the cross for our sins . He brought Grace and Mercy for all who believed on him . When he said "It is finished " all of the works of God bring his Gospel was done . No other prophet would be sent by God to finish anything .
IT IS FINISHED , said Jesus .

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

When Jesus was on the cross God distanced Himself from Jesus and judged Jesus to see if He was worthy to take on all mankind's sins. That was why Jesus shouted, "Father why have you forsaken me?" It was the first time ever that He didn't feel God's love. He stood in our place.He felt the separation and was truly alone.

I am a Christian and I send you my love OP.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I love threads about people loving Jesus!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

NO, you don;t love Jesus, you love some concoction you've made up and called Jesus. The real Jesus said He was one with the Father, and that no one comes to the Father except through him. He said he was the only way, of course, disqualifying your Allah and Mohammad. So think twice before you say you love Jesus, because you don't even know him.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join