I love Jesus.

page: 2
11
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice

Originally posted by mideast
There are some facts that can not be proven outside.


Then they aren't facts.


Agreed. But then neither are scientific "facts".




posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister
 


Sorry dont really follow actors at all.

I heard a theory Jesus was a woman, and i think there may be creedance to the story. Back then in male dominated Rome a female in charge was probably a form of hearsay. So The romans rewrote the story of Jesus to make her a him.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Originally posted by DPrice

Originally posted by mideast
There are some facts that can not be proven outside.


Then they aren't facts.


Agreed. But then neither are scientific "facts".


They are because there is evidence for them, cause and effect etc. The only evidence for god is a lot of old books, plus the threat of murder if you leave certain religions to keep people believing.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
So if you "know" (think) something is true, it must be true? Is that what you're saying?


reply to post by DPrice
 



No , I was discussing on invisible and existing truth that are also accepted by logic.

And in logic there is me and you. It is logic and how it is discovering the truth.

The logic is complete and always leads to truth.

But how much I discover matters and determines how much truth I discover.

Logic feels in the blanks , changes false assumptions by previous logic , ...

But this thread is not going to discuss about logic or truth much.

And one of the facts about logic is that it is invisible itself.

You can see that 2*2=4 in outside world in examples but you can not find 2*2=4 itself.

hope it is clear.
edit on 26-4-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Aleister
 


Sorry dont really follow actors at all.

I heard a theory Jesus was a woman, and i think there may be creedance to the story. Back then in male dominated Rome a female in charge was probably a form of hearsay. So The romans rewrote the story of Jesus to make her a him.


Ah, now that's a conspiracy. I'd like to see Anne Hathaway star as Jesus in a remake of "The Greatest Story Ever Told". Jesus as a woman, hmmmm, no wonder she was able to gather 12 men in her pack to travel around with her but not understand a word she said. "You walking on water, babe? I'm cool with that." And when Peter denied her three times, he was just being a typical man.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice


They are because there is evidence for them, cause and effect etc. The only evidence for god is a lot of old books, plus the threat of murder if you leave certain religions to keep people believing.


Evidence is just that- evidence. Facts are facts- irrefutable truths that cannot be wrong. There are almost no "facts" in existence (see previous post). But the scientific world wants their evidence to be accepted as "fact" while completely disregarding theological evidence.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast
 


I just wanted to reply to your signature.

God is not a "schemer" as that makes Him seem devious and cunning. That is what Satan does. God is Light and does not need to make secret plans. The Christ was foretold long before He walked among us.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister
 


i liked Ben Hurish type biblical stories, but cant get into the ones where Jesus is central character unless its life of brian. If she plays it she can put a harlet twist to it.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Originally posted by SpearMint
So if you "know" (think) something is true, it must be true? Is that what you're saying?


reply to post by DPrice
 



No , I was discussing on invisible and existing truth that are also accepted by logic.

And in logic there is me and you. It is logic and how it is discovering the truth.

The logic is complete and always leads to truth.

But how much I discover matters and determines how much truth I discover.

Logic feels in the blanks , changes false assumptions by previous logic , ...

But this thread is not going to discuss about logic or truth much.

And one of the facts about logic is that it is invisible itself.

You can see that 2*2=4 in outside world in examples but you can not find 2*2=4 itself.

hope it is clear.
edit on 26-4-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)


But none of this means what you "know" is true, I think it's just to divert away from the fact that there's no evidence in your favour.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by mideast
 


I just wanted to reply to your signature.

God is not a "schemer" as that makes Him seem devious and cunning. That is what Satan does. God is Light and does not need to make secret plans. The Christ was foretold long before He walked among us.


It seems an offending sentence in the beginning but it is not.

I think that maybe it is teaching a lesson to those who scheme and think that they can always bend the truth and win.

It is saying that the one that you think you are scheming for , is the one who has his ways to achieve his goals and he makes all the plans fail. But they are hidden and happen fast.

Thanks for caring and replying
peace.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by mideast
 


I just wanted to reply to your signature.

God is not a "schemer" as that makes Him seem devious and cunning. That is what Satan does. God is Light and does not need to make secret plans. The Christ was foretold long before He walked among us.


You haven't read the Old Testament much have you? God was murdering and doing all sorts of nasty crap all over the place.


1 Samuel 15:3

King James Version (KJV)

3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.


And let's not even start on him drowning the entire population of the planet.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast
 


You are very welcome, and I am glad to reply. Thank you for talking about Jesus with respect and love.

I feel like that message which we are speaking of can be found in the bible more clearly and less menacingly. But I understand what it means to you now, but imagine how it can affect other people who do not understand so easily as you.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint
 





But none of this means what you "know" is true, I think it's just to divert away from the fact that there's no evidence in your favour.


I said it once that there is no me and you.

And I never meant I know all the truth. Because truth is truth as long as it is complete.

And I admit that I have used insufficient word "know".

And thanks for replying.

discussing about the logic is based on using right words and being able to see the facts together which I miss most of the times.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
reply to post by SpearMint
 





But none of this means what you "know" is true, I think it's just to divert away from the fact that there's no evidence in your favour.


I said it once that there is no me and you.

And I never meant I know all the truth. Because truth is truth as long as it is complete.

And I admit that I have used insufficient word "know".

And thanks for replying.

discussing about the logic is based on using right words and being able to see the facts together which I miss most of the times.


Could you just once say something I can understand please?



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice
 


I am not one to judge God nor His will.

You've got the wrong guy.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Originally posted by DPrice

Originally posted by mideast
There are some facts that can not be proven outside.


Then they aren't facts.


Agreed. But then neither are scientific "facts".


Which ones?

I'd love to know so I can see how it changes things.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by mideast
 


I just wanted to reply to your signature.

God is not a "schemer" as that makes Him seem devious and cunning. That is what Satan does. God is Light and does not need to make secret plans. The Christ was foretold long before He walked among us.


You haven't read the Old Testament much have you? God was murdering and doing all sorts of nasty crap all over the place.


1 Samuel 15:3

King James Version (KJV)

3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.


And let's not even start on him drowning the entire population of the planet.


How can you hold a position and make a claim based on something which you do not accept as fact? If you hold the position that the OT God is malevolent based on the very book you claim is false, then what "facts" could possibly lead you to take this position?



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Originally posted by DPrice

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by mideast
 


I just wanted to reply to your signature.

God is not a "schemer" as that makes Him seem devious and cunning. That is what Satan does. God is Light and does not need to make secret plans. The Christ was foretold long before He walked among us.


You haven't read the Old Testament much have you? God was murdering and doing all sorts of nasty crap all over the place.


1 Samuel 15:3

King James Version (KJV)

3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.


And let's not even start on him drowning the entire population of the planet.


How can you hold a position and make a claim based on something which you do not accept as fact? If you hold the position that the OT God is malevolent based on the very book you claim is false, then what "facts" could possibly lead you to take this position?


I don't believe any of the things involving god happened in the OT, I was correcting the fellow above when he claimed his god wasn't a schemer based on the book he holds as fact.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend
 


Pick one! Science is not knowing "facts". Any scientist will readily admit this. It is a process of hypotheses, results, and re-evaluation. So, basically, this revelation changes nothing.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Even if I don't believe that he was the son of god and a messenger prophet blah blah blah, you know what? I love the fella too. He went out of his way to openly help others and was a real humanitarian of his time and I think in the end he got more # than any man would ever deserve. See what happens whenever someone goes out of their way to help people? They get hit with rocks and hung up from a cross to die a slow painful death.


What kind of messed up world do we live in?





new topics
top topics
 
11
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join