It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love Jesus.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by winofiend

Pick one! Science is not knowing "facts". Any scientist will readily admit this. It is a process of hypotheses, results, and re-evaluation. So, basically, this revelation changes nothing.

It's fact to anyone with a critical mind and a degree of intelligence. That's good enough for me.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

It is equally impossible to correct someone's position as it is to hold a position if it originates from a false premise.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

reply to post by DPrice

It is equally impossible to correct someone's position as it is to hold a position if it originates from a false premise.

That Colonel Saunders guy in the Matrix films said that right?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

Could you just once say something I can understand please?

Of course.

She said

But none of this means what you "know" is true

I said " There is no favor when we are hold against logic"

Which means I don't claim to know the truth but I believe in logic and I accept it when I face it and the truth is the prize.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Pick one! Science is not knowing "facts". Any scientist will readily admit this. It is a process of hypotheses, results, and re-evaluation. So, basically, this revelation changes nothing.

Hmm..

How about you pick one and I'll see if it's true. You're the one making the claim that there is no such thing as a scientific fact. I don't think I should be the one to pick one, and then see if you agree.

Or failing that, find me a scientist who readily agrees that there is no such thing as a fact.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice

reply to post by DPrice

And now I can clearly see that intelligent debate is equally impossible. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

He went out of his way to openly help others and was a real humanitarian of his time and I think in the end he got more # than any man would ever deserve. See what happens whenever someone goes out of their way to help people? They get hit with rocks and hung up from a cross to die a slow painful death.

What kind of messed up world do we live in?

God bless you , that is what I am trying to say in this thread.

Thanks for replying

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

reply to post by DPrice

And now I can clearly see that intelligent debate is equally impossible. Thank you.

Like wino said, tell us something you believe in as fact?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Hmm..

How about you pick one and I'll see if it's true. You're the one making the claim that there is no such thing as a scientific fact. I don't think I should be the one to pick one, and then see if you agree.

Or failing that, find me a scientist who readily agrees that there is no such thing as a fact.

Seriously, just look up "scientific method". I really find it interesting that people debate issues without an elementary knowledge of the issues. Sorry to sound like an arze but I didn't make any claims that there are theological facts as well. I am willing to accept that premise based on scientific method. Are you?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Hmm..

Seriously, just look up "scientific method". I really find it interesting that people debate issues without an elementary knowledge of the issues. Sorry to sound like an arze but I didn't make any claims that there are theological facts as well. I am willing to accept that premise based on scientific method. Are you?

Scientific method is basically lacking the balls to take a position and playing a game of let's wait and see.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

reply to post by DPrice

Like wino said, tell us something you believe in as fact?

I already have in a previous post. We are thinking beings. That is it. Everything else is not absolute.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by mideast

I just wanted to reply to your signature.

God is not a "schemer" as that makes Him seem devious and cunning. That is what Satan does. God is Light and does not need to make secret plans. The Christ was foretold long before He walked among us.

I clearly remember Jesus saying "father, why have you forsaken me" just before being nailed to the cross. It appears there were some secret plans...even Jesus did not know about.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I am an educated Muslims , I think science is helping our lives.

But I am not blind follower of Scientist for I don't like blindness anywhere.

I ask one question very modestly

"where did you see one scientist proof that he has seen 1+1=2 itself ?"

No scientists can answer that but they use it as well as you use the battery of your car. They travel with the car and they don't care about it.

But IMO logic and math are the nearest branch of science because they have some approved facts.

Many other branched are mostly developed by observation and experiment.

And the connection of this answer to this thread is that in the first page some members asked for scientific proof of conversation between Jesus and god , But the fact they don't see is that they define their experiments as science and they neglect anything behind their senses.

I wish I could make the matter more clear,.
edit on 26-4-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

I am an educated Muslims , I think science is helping our lives.

But I am not blind follower of Scientist for I don't like blindness anywhere.

I ask one question very modestly

"where did you see one scientist proof that he has seen 1+1=2 itself ?"

No scientists can answer that but they use it as well as you use the battery of your car. They travel with the car and they don't care about it.

But IMO logic and math are the nearest branch of science because they have some approved facts.

Many other branched are mostly developed by observation and experiment.

So you'd be free to leave Islam any time right? I mean if you were to choose to, everybody would be ok with it right?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

He said so to show that His greatest anguish was having His eyes hidden from God, He drank His cup of suffering completely. He took every suffering and this was the worst.

This also shows the Man which suffered as God.

We can look to Jesus in our agony knowing that He can comfort us through what He went through.
edit on 093030p://555 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

He said so to show that His greatest anguish was having His eyes hidden from God, He drank His cup of suffering completely. He took every suffering and this was the worst.

This also shows the Man which suffered as God.

But if he and god were the same person, why would that come as a shock?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

So you'd be free to leave Islam any time right? I mean if you were to choose to, everybody would be ok with it right?

Others don't matter as long as it is matter of truth. And one truth that I have already chosen. But another truth is that my choice is changing itself. And I am not still.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

read the edit I did to that.

Also, God had to descend so that He could fill all things with Himself.
He had to feel separated although He was not, that way His suffering was completed.

Sometimes when we suffer we feel that God abandons us although He does not. But He does so for a purpose just as that message was relayed to us for a purpose.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Lots of replies but the love for Jesus is still rare

How many years is passed after the last time he was among us ?

And he is still unknown and alone like he was before.
edit on 26-4-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
Lots of replies but the love for Jesus is still rare

My personal belief of Jesus differs from yours, but I love Him nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join