It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was Obviously Gay

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

How can you say that, and still claim to know the bible?

can you honestly say there is no spiritual knowledge in the gospels?

Testament of personal spirituality, there is aplenty, but none of it is a surefire recipe for mass spirituality. It's too political to be spiritual, in my opinion. Feels a lot like an election campaign, minus the laws preventing officials from badgering potential voters and supporters.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
the bible can be read in many ways.
there is something for everyone in it.
among other things, i like the dirty jokes.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Testament of personal spirituality, there is aplenty, but none of it is a surefire recipe for mass spirituality.

it isn't designed for "mass spirituality"....

Actually nothing in the gospels says its designed for the masses...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Oh come on.....'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment." That's about it....as far as spiritual teaching goes.

Or are we supposed to be impressed that even the dogs deserve the crumbs from the table.....that's not even good morality.

Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession." 23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us." 24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." 25 The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said. 26 He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs." 27 "Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table." 28 Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted."

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by Akragon

Oh come on.....'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment." That's about it....as far as spiritual teaching goes.

Or are we supposed to be impressed that even the dogs deserve the crumbs from the table.....that's not even good morality.

Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession." 23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us." 24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." 25 The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said. 26 He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs." 27 "Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table." 28 Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted."

She considers herself the Dog in that passage... I believe you misunderstand my dear...

a passage from Luke...

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 38Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

link   

He rode into Jerusalem on an ass.

Well of course, this fact alone proves Jesus was a queer

link   
reply to post by Akragon

That's not what they say in church these days...supposedly, it's either convert or burn for all of eternity. That's always been the message, actually. Otherwise, why the Crusades and Inquisition? I mean, some people don't take it that seriously, but the devout ones invariably spout that kind of garbage.
edit on 25-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Akragon

That's not what they say in church these days...supposedly, it's either convert or burn for all of eternity. That's always been the message, actually. Otherwise, why the Crusades and Inquisition?

Well since I don't belong to any religion or "church"... I don't give a flying pluck what they say...

Organized religion is not what Jesus wanted.... read Matthew 6

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Mohammed would be the much more likely suspect...

But if OP posted that, well, that would be completely disrepectful to the "religion of peace" and would probably be 404'd.

It's alright dude, pick on Christians...we can take it.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Oh yeah - you gave us the other teaching....apart from love your God....love your neighbour.

But the NT spiritual? Nah. Its the biography of a guy who had read the OT....particularly Daniel's prophecies re the messiah.....and set about fulfilling them.

It IS political...given the prevailing circumstances in Palestine at the time (Roman occupation and all that). It was also spread by the Romans as their official religion at a time when their military dominance was weakening. It gained in popularity by sheer force. I work in an 850 year old Abbey a cpl of days a week - the surrounding town only existing because of the Abbey. When the monks arrived they turned the local populace into serfs (they had been free) working the land and giving the Abbey a chunk of what the grew. The Abbey became extremely wealthy. In the meantime if any local didn't like it and tried to leave they were hunted down and branded on the forehead.

If you didn't fancy going to church one week - they might let you away with it for one week - miss two and they'd be at your door demanding your return....or else!

Everyone stood....no pews. The sick, the old and the infirm were able to sit on a wall round the edge of the interior.....it's where the term 'going to the wall' is derived from.

It is a political tool of mass control.....its no coincidence that the power of the church began to diminish when the Bible was first printed in English and the common people could read these so-called teachings for themselves.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

And so you should.....turn the other cheek

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

The "other" teaching eh...

technically it was illegal to possess a bible for hundreds of years after it was printed...

And the gospels isn't just about a guy who read the OT... in fact Jesus spoke out against a lot of the OT...

Jesus vs The Imposter

He came to show the world the real God, not the one from the OT... and he was executed for it

That is where all the atrocities of the church's past comes from.... NOT from Jesus...

edit on 25-4-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Jesus is refered to as a Rabbi in the bible, hence he must have been married surely? (one of the requisites)

Even if he wasn't though it's heavily hinted that he got with Mary (not his mom lol) - infact,wasn't she the black Madonna?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I doubt this thread will last long, so without expending too much energy, I'd shortly say yes, it is a possibility, but what is gay?

Strictly speaking a homosexual is a person with a romantic or sexual attraction to the same sex or gender.
That attraction does not need to be acted upon, but the person who has it is aware of it.

I think the Bible demands conformity and control, no matter what one's sexuality, fetish or desire.

Jesus said men must have one wife without divorce (unless the wife fornicates or commits adultery, and then no believer can marry her again without committing adultery too).
Here he breaks with the Law of Moses and polygamy, but rather unfairly men's desires are not reordered accordingly.
Instead, He proposes self-mutilation (plucking out an eye, for example) for those who are tempted to sin, and those who look at women in lust have already committed adultery in their hearts.

Three classes of men or "eunuchs" should not get married to women, according to Jesus.

Assuming He was both human and divine, He must have had some sexuality.

The Pauline doctrine was harsh on women (1 Timothy 2:12) and even advised celibacy within marriage.
In Revelations the procession of the redeemed will be male virgins "undefiled" by women.

If not open homosexuality one certainly senses a very repressed and intense male bonding that is typical of patriarchy.
That male bonding and homosocial milieu however usually has laws against physical homosexuality to stop the whole scheme from turning into a orgy of sorts (as some of the Gnostics practiced).

What would Jesus do?
Who knows.
It doesn't make a difference to me.
Clearly straight men can love Jesus intensely too.
In some strange, abstract way in which only straight men can love other men: in a sporty, back-slapping kinda way, I guess.

Gay is only bad if one attaches all the negative nonsense that religious fundamentalists have attached to the term over the years.
Otherwise it can be quite neutral.
edit on 25-4-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Jesus said that He would be hated and Christians would be hated

John 15:19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

John 15:21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me

Mocking Christ started before He died on the cross.....yawn....nothing new here

Not a very clever attempt at attacking Christian belief or Christ, I mean some bloke made the "piss christ" and attracted attention, yours. Come on.

One more thing, I have done worse to Christ than that and I am a Christian.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This has got to be the worst religious trolling post I've ever seen.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Ummm... Wow? I love my Brother in law ..AND Sister in law. Does that make me Bi- with an incest problem? I love my cousins. All of them. (Big family..don't ask) Am I Gay for that?

I'd say it's FAR more likely that Jesus surrounded himself with men because men held the places in culture and society during that period of history which lent itself to what he was doing. Simple as that. Gay? I don't know if it's more offensive to imagine this is simply ignorance of the topic or deliberately thrown out as an agenda driven thing?

It's pretty offensive either way ..and I'm not even Christian. I can imagine how many who are would term it in far harsher terms than I.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Would it still be offensive if our culture didn't have a stigma of the "Evil gay" people looming over our heads?

IF the OT didn't say "you should kill gay people" would it still be offensive to consider the possibility that Jesus was Gay?

Personally I don't find it offensive... Just as I don't find being gay offensive...

People are who they are...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Sure why not, I'll go along with this one. If I said he spent a night with me would it make him more gay?
edit on 25-4-2013 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

touche'

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join