It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop cancelling my TV Shows!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I mourned deeply for firefly

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I miss Terra Nova.
I would soooo pay for the second season...

I also wanted to check out Zero Hour the other day, only to find out it was cancelled... bah.

But I still have Revolution and Hannibal, both on NBC.

edit on 26-4-2013 by DarkATi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Defiance has the same problem as Terra Nova, it likely has a pretty hefty budget, that will require a lot of ratings to justify. Add in the fact that nerds (like myself) are the key fanbase, and that nerds rarely watch something when it airs (thus skewing the hell out of the ratings)...and it is kind of a recipe for disaster. It's likely why all nerd shows eventually bite it quicker than other shows, that are crap, but are watched in their time slot vs. DVR or on Demand.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It is funny on big bang theory last night it was about sheldon crying about his favourite tv show being cancelled.His show that was cancelled was Alphas. What a cowinkiedink

Heroes ..blame that on the writers strike. It was the only show that got me hooked right from the start.
Jericho

Defiance looks like it could be good but I see it getting boring quick
Continuum is good
Spartacus series
being human us/uk
true blood
supernatural
dr who I have been watching it since I was a kid

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I couldn't believe when History channel cancelled the show 'MADHOUSE'. It was one of the most popular shows on TV at the time and kept getting bigger. If I read it correctly, History didn't want a show like that representing their channel--in other words, they didn't want a popular redneck show being the highest rated show that they ever had, or will have.

Another show that was back some years ago was 'Nash Bridges'. They kept putting it up against NYPD Blue, when they should've just let it be what it was. IMHO, I can't stomach most of what's on TV these days. New people need to start their own TV station and let other people create shows instead of the same ol' same ol' garbage of today.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is the very reason I cancelled my Cable Subscription and only watch shows that have been out for at least 3 seasons. I just stream them at my convenience.

Because of this, there tends to be a long time between shows/seasons, but it gives me plenty of time to spend living life with friends and family.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have a personal hatred for Fox for cancelling King of the Hill to make room for the Cleveland Show, and never giving them the chance to make a finale. The same for My Name is Earl.

SyFy is really screwing over their viewers with so much non science fiction related garbage. I was good with Destination Truth (now cancelled), but now its just redneck ghost hunters and short lived series. What a way to lose your viewers!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The way TV is run over here is why I like finding a good aggregator site, checking out an anime or two, and then following one with a long episode run. Sure it's cartoons (not necessarily for kids), but Japan seems to be pretty consistent in producing entertaining stories with a somewhat consistent plot and often the (hobbyist?) sub/translation writers are making better stuff than what's in the typical hollywood script.

Then again, some Anime producers (Gainax anyone?) also have the same problem of leaving fans hanging with unfinished stories.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Guys some really amazing contributing to this thread from other members, I am glad I am not the only one passionate about this.

I just want to point out this is more about cancelling shows after or during the first season without giving them a real change to form a fan base.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yep, V or The Event comes to mind.... V was all poised to go a resistance route, with Marc Singer back and everything....

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangefires
I have a personal hatred for Fox for cancelling King of the Hill to make room for the Cleveland Show, and never giving them the chance to make a finale. The same for My Name is Earl.

The good thing about an animated series being canceled though is that they can always start remaking them, or put together a TV movie to tie up loose ends. Futurama got picked up again (briefly) after doing well in syndication. Same with Family Guy. It gets hard to pick up a live action series again because of the actors aging - animated series luckily don't have that problem.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
In a very interesting ratings note, the Duck Dynasty finale, which airs on basic cable, got a 4.3 rating.

It beat out two reality juggernauts - Survivor and American Idol which have both been around more than a decade and air on network television.

To me, seeing an new A&E program knock off CBS and FOX reality royalty was pretty surprising...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I suggest you cancel whatever service provider you have and use the internet only

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
I suggest you cancel whatever service provider you have and use the internet only

I do and that just annoys me more

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Totally true, just feel robbed of a good finale for some of my favorites. It's hard to become invested in any new show now. I'm less likely to waste time watching a show that isn't already established just to get my hopes up.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
the one that broke my heart several years ago was "God the Devil and Bob" I remember watching it with my dad laughing our behinds off saying "this is sooo going to get canceled"

SMR

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
If people really loved reality TV so much, why don't they make reality movies too, you know: Big Brother in 3-D or some such dreck.

SHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!
If I see that announced, I'm coming after you !

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The second I saw the thread title, I dove right in. I'm a science fiction fan, of Star Trek and Stargate SG-1 in particular. I guess it was merciful of Syfy to slowly phase them out instead of doing a clean break, but it's still sad when you look back on the past two weeks and realize that the schedule was filled with crappy reality shows... at least it's made up for it by airing movies, such as V for Vendetta, which I'm watching this very moment.

Still, I want Stargate back. *sigh* I find it hard to believe that the ratings were declining badly enough to warrant erasing the last remnants of the channel's very namesake.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I watch Walking Dead, Once upon a Time, Grimm, and Family Guy. Leave those shows alone and I'm cool

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
DUCK DYNASTY

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join