It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop cancelling my TV Shows!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

I think the second season is out

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I got rid of cable a couple years ago when I realized there wasn't CRAP worth watching nor worth paying $150 bucks a month for.

TV is so bad now. There is nothing but crappy reality shows, game shows and trashy dating shows. I would not waste my time watching any of that trash. All the decent shows that don't fit into those categories wind up getting cancelled, FRINGE!

I use Netflix, Amazon Prime and Youtube to watch programming. I don't have to see a single crappy show because i pick what i want to watch. We pay $8 bucks for Netflix a month and the Amazon Prime was $80 for the year, WAY cheaper than cable, no commercials either.

I love Amazon Prime because you can buy current shows the next day for $1.99. I got hooked on Gossip Girl via Netflix lol and bought the last season while it aired on Amazon Prime and now I own it. Even if I watched say 5 shows a week that is $10 bucks and $40 bucks a month, WAY cheaper than cable!! I stream Amazon Prime via my Wii to my TV. It's great!

I recently had Brighthouse call and try to get me to sign up for cable and I told them to never call me again! They have been calling for 6mths and do not get a hint. I wasn't too nice this last time so hopefully they get the hint this time!!

I watch about 4 different shows right now on Netflix. I am waiting for them to add more The Walking Dead. I like that show but not to the point where I'll buy it on Amazon. I just avoid all TWD conversations so I dont get any spoilers. I am currently on Supernatural Season 2 half way thru. It isn't bad. It has been hard to get into but i was told by a few members to give it til Season 3 when it picks up.

I also like that Netflix now has their own series they put out. They also put out the entire season at once, not this once a week crap! I watched their latest "Hemlock Grove" over the weekend and it wasn't bad! They have another one with Kevin Spacey but i"m not into shows on politics. I have read good reviews on it however. My fiancee will like it when he is home.

I love to watch Dexter and that is one that i have to view online because I can't find it on Prime. I have watched Dexter for years online. I know where to go to view it

I feel your pain on cancelled shows though! It really sucks!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Life On Mars, The River, Terra Nova, V, Alcatraz, and the list goes on and on. I got fed up and now only watch things that are several seasons in and stream - so that I am at least guaranteed some level of satisfaction. There is NOTHING worse than investing in a plot and it just disappearing...

Oh and that one show, from about two years back... about the group of astronauts who were headed out into space and were all having hallucinations... and it was revealed that there was actually an alien on the ship in a storage bay... can't even recall the name of that one but was irked when it went away,

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I really seem to be loving the rant forum these days and I am so happy that ATS has such a forum.

Let me get this of my chest right now

STOP CANCELLING MY TV SHOWS!!!!!!
…. Mr. TV executive…

This keeps happening and its getting really annoying, I love a good TV show, I like strong story arc that flows throughout a series with mature themes, bags of action and more than just a hint of mystery.

But every time I find a TV show that I can really get into it gets cancelled after the first season.

Here is a list of shows that I have loved and then got cancelled after or during the first season.

• Flash Forward
• The Event
• Alcatraz
• Last resort
• Zero Hour

Now the last two have got me really annoyed both amazing shows Zero hour got cancelled after only 3 episodes because of poor ratings. But what the hell do you expect when you premier the show on Valentine’s day when nobody is really watching much TV, not only that they put it on at the same time as “Big bang Theory” currently the biggest show on TV.

And now, I have found a new show, Defiance, thankfully it’s NOT on ABC so I hope that they keep it on

Rant over.

edit on 24-4-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

I keep saying the same thing to my husband. I'd list all the shows you listed above, and I'd add "Moonlight" -- one of my all-time favorite shows, huge fan base, and the idiots canceled it after, what, the first season?

Alex O'Loughlin has never looked as good as in this show, and the chemistry between him and the girl was just amazing.

I sure hope they're not canceling "Grimm" anytime soon, or I'll be really pissed.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Battlestar Galactica (both versions)
Boston Legal (long live Denny Crane!!!)
V
Fringe
Project UFO (series in the 70s based on Project Blue Book)
X Files
My list can go on and on, but it's early and those are off the top of my head.
I'm liking Defiance so far, but like someone else said, they will probably cancel it

Yeah, but those ran a really long time, the ones OP mentioned never even got a chance. I loved Fringe, but I could see that it was at the end of its life cycle after numerous seasons.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
And for the aged Brits.

SAPPHIRE & STEEL

Joanna Lumley & David Callum,

That show spooked me as a kid of the 70's. I remember one episode of a ghost soldier on a train station platform and he was whistling 'pack up your troubles in your old kit bag'. Whenever I hear that song it takes me back to that programme.

Joanna Lumley, she was and still is stunning!!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
how could ats forget rubicon. does anyone here know rubicon

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Don’t lose hope. I get really angry when my favourite shows get cancelled as well and I agree with pretty much all the shows people have mentioned
but there are still some good shows out there.

Most of these you can easily find online in order to catch up...through err...itunes
and such...

In addition to The Walking Dead
here some other good ones (in no particular order except for Breaking Bad --- which is my favourite show ever)

1. Breaking Bad!!!
2. House of Cards
3. Dexter
4. Supernatural
5. Falling Skies
6. Utopia (Great British Show; I hope it gets renewed)
7. Black Mirror (Also a great British Show --- 3 episodes per season. 2 Seasons so far)
8. Game of Thrones
9. The Borgias
10. Revolution, Lost Girl, Being Human, Vampire Diaries (I think they're entertaining lol)

These shows I haven’t watched very much of but they look promising:

1. Orphan Black
2. Grimm (I think in its 2nd season)
3. Bates Motel
4. The Following
5. Hannibal

Lol and no I’m not paid to promote these shows...I just need a life

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I was so mad when the cancelled Moonlight! They left it on such a cliffhanger! Although, it did struggle a lot due to the writer's strike. I was pleasantly surprised that it even finished out the season! Currently, I am watching "Once Upon a Time", "Doctor Who", and "Sherlock".

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
There are definitely some shows that I feel were cancelled too early without being given a proper chance.

Life on Mars (US Version) was definitely not given a chance. Harry's Law was cancelled because young people didn't watch it (which is quite ridiculous if you think about it because older viewers have more discretionary income). Fringe was moved to Friday nights which is a death move.

Meanwhile I really don't understand how so many of these reality shows stay on the air. Remember Bravo's old format? And TLC's old format? Yeah... gone... now they air morons running around in different scenarios 24/7. Real housewives who are anything but real and haven't seen "real" in 20 years. Poorly reenacted repossessions. People bidding on lockers with pre-planted items. Actors pretending to have problems.

With crap like that on the air, the only saving grace are the shows on Premium cable like Game of Thrones, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire and so many others.

I honestly haven't clicked over to basic cable in ages... it's been destroyed. Reality TV is cheap to produce and appeals to the lowest common denominator. Sadly this is how it is now. If you want good programming you have to pay for it...

RIP free TV. Destroyed by advertisers and unintelligent viewers who scarf up garbage programming.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

although I despised the actor, I love how he gave us Aspies a little voice (I still prefer RDJ's Sherlock)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Ill add my Shows

Seaquest Cancelled half way through 3rd Season (2032)
Space Above and Beyond
V-2009
Knight RIder 2008
Jerichio
Last Resort

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Awake was pretty good too.

At least it ended well.

P.S you guys should try watching Korean/Japanese shows, at least then you know what your in for, because they are usually 1 season only with no loose ends.
edit on 25-4-2013 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I actively avoid shows until they are well established or already completed. So many shows have gotten the shaft way too early. When they get canceled they should at least give them a special 2 hour event to wrap things up as best they can.

SMR

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's because a majority of Americans just love their reality TV. The networks see this and rather than good drama and fun, they put on crap TV because you watch it.
The more views the Kardashians and 'Housewives of (insert City)' get, the more of the same they will create.
While Zero Hour wasn't the greatest TV show, at least it made you pay attention and think. There is none of that watching bickering, plastic Women attention whores. It's the dumbing of America and it has reached World wide.
People are fascinated with other peoples lives and at the same time, tell everyone to mind their own business. Ironic.
I remember when Jericho got the boot and what replaced it ? A kids reality TV show about them living on their own (yeah, right) in an abandon town to fend for themselves. It was like watching a social experiment on kids and people ate it up.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Agreed. Such a great show that never got a proper conclusion.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon

I'm with you...on Flash Forward anyway.

I live in the UK and I find it so frustrating, that I get into a programme, only to have a second season never materialise.

Anyone know if Terra Nova is getting a second season?

I'm guessing not, I really hope Revolution gets a second season (a proper one, I don't mean the four month break thing), because if it doesn't,then that is my career in watching American television over!

Ok, I'm done...carry on people.

Terra Nova is suppose to have a second season, I believe they are working on it currently, well that's what I read about a month ago. The only problem they are having is cost issues, which is usually the red flag for "about to get cancelled".

Firefly and Stargate Universe were horrible cancellations. They cancel awesome shows like that but keep dumb stuff on air...pity...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

@OP,

Never heard of any of those shows you mention, except maybe Alcatraz, which I have never seen. None the less, I feel your pain. There have been some shows recently that I liked, which were also cancelled. But I'm not going to say what they were in order to avoid being lambasted for my TV tastes.

In any case, I mostly listen to audiobooks for entertainment, having just about given up on the Idiot Box. They beat the living buhjeezus out of most TV shows. Game of Throne fans should skip the HBO series, which is admittedly OK, and listen to the audiobooks narrated by Roy Dotrice; it's a far richer and entertaining experience. But then I am also a fan of old-time radio shows.

"Must-see TV" is an oxymoron.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

I don't think it is so much that Americans love their reality TV, but rather that TV moguls have realized that people will put up with reality TV and that it is cheeper than producing actual shows that require writers, actors and the rest of the accoutrements of full-on show production. Remember this whole reality TV trend started during a writers' guild strike.

If people really loved reality TV so much, why don't they make reality movies too, you know: Big Brother in 3-D or some such dreck.

It is TV sponsors and audiences who are to blame for putting up with the bad programming.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
As much as most people like TV all I can say to the OP is switch it off and go read a book, TV makes you dumb.
Besides there is NEVER anything good on, NOTHING worthwhile, its all propaganda and programming to be a compliant little slave.
So get off your arse and go do something less boring instead ( and yes that comes from a TV program, apart from the arse bit, thats mine)..
edit on 26/4/13 by DataWraith because: I felt like editing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join