It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fastest Home Remedy for a Sore Throat....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

a nice shot of vodka and half a tsp of black pepper.
Followed by a nice bundled up sleep.
Always works for me

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

WE call it a sore throat, but what is it really? Is it a rash in the throat? If we knew exactly what it was then maybe we could come up with real remedies.
edit on 4/24/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Honey. Manuka honey if you have it. Follow with some tea (avoid milk), and follow with a little tiny bit more honey.

How can we measure "a little tiny bit" ?

@OP ; Are you taking liposomal vitamin C ?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This is really nice post to update people. The main cause of sore throat is a virus and also be caused by allergic reaction smoking, cold or flu. Vitamin C will help boost your immune system and fight off infection.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sean
Gargle with apple cider or diluted apple cider but still strong enough to be bitter.

For really bad strep throat and If you're real courageous get a bottle of iodine and dip a Q-tip in it then shake it off and then swab your tonsils then immediately gargle with fresh water and spit it out and don't swallow it! Iodine can kill your thyroid! It will kill the white crap growing on your tonsils.
edit on 24-4-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

Wow, already trying to kill me.

Person I worked with checked it and said no, doesn't look like strep. Probably just a hoarse throat from the pollen and dry air. Feels a little better today, not as much. Taking the Cepical stuff.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

hi ... I rely on betadine throat gargle. It costs about 15 dollars but it works very quickly because it is topical. As soon as I get a sore throat, I gargle it and usually in the morning... no sore throat!!

cheaper and faster than anti biotics and panadol, throat lozengers etc. and it is good to get fast relief.

get well soon

Where do I find that?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timely

Originally posted by snowspirit
Honey. Manuka honey if you have it. Follow with some tea (avoid milk), and follow with a little tiny bit more honey.

How can we measure "a little tiny bit" ?

@OP ; Are you taking liposomal vitamin C ?

A "little tiny bit" is subjective.
Anywhere from a quarter of a teaspoon to a quarter of a cup

Depends how much you like honey, or whether you're diabetic

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
There's obviously some mints and sprays that are effective, but from the view of just a common household item: I'd say salted crisps (or chips, as we call them here).

I usually never eat them, but I do enjoy them medicinally.

The flu season in SA has struck, and I've been trying to avoid antibiotics.

Well, the salt is a disinfectant, and the chips make a sludge that both disinfects the throat and drags down mucus with it.

Although the crisps are high in fat, I actually lost 4-5 kilos from the flu.
Had a tummy flu and cramps with it, and the salty crisps were actually quite good to me.

edit on 25-4-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
One half teaspoon baking soda and one half teaspoon of salt mixed in four ounces of warm water. Gargle with it a few times about five minutes apart. The bicarbonate from the baking soda helps to kill bacteria and the salt helps to draw moisture from the bacteria.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
One half teaspoon baking soda and one half teaspoon of salt mixed in four ounces of warm water. Gargle with it a few times about five minutes apart. The bicarbonate from the baking soda helps to kill bacteria and the salt helps to draw moisture from the bacteria.

Cool, I got that lying around the house.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I usually don't get a sore throat that often,but my family members do.
A half orange,half grapefruit,half lemon in hot boiling water. Squeeze all into water boiling container with all halves, plus a whole stick of cinnamon. You can add honey,but no sugar or additives.
I hope by now you're doing better,but not all remedies work; I hope one or some posted will work.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Just a chew of one Bitter Kola will do the magic. Bitter Kola is a powerful antibiotic herbal product without side effect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join