It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fastest Home Remedy for a Sore Throat....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Already done the Warm water and salt..

Done the gargle with Listerine..

Going to go get some Chicken Soup.

I heard Lettuce is good too.

Also going to pick up some sherbert.

Someone suggested RAW chopped Onions.. And I hate Onions, otherwise I would do it.

Hmm.

Wonder if my Cipro will knock it out if I got strep. They said that's the cure to all and I didn't finish that. But, that's the only antibiotic that I got.

Bah...
BRB
edit on 23-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Honey. Manuka honey if you have it. Follow with some tea (avoid milk), and follow with a little tiny bit more honey.

link   
HOT Green tea, with lots of honey

link   
reply to post by Manhater

Ginger works good for me. I just take fresh, raw ginger, cut it up and boil it in lots of water. It's spicy, but it takes care of my sore throat better than anything else I've tried!

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The honey already posted by others...and here's a short list of natural antibiotics. Golden Seal is used often for sore throats.

Goldenseal

Goldenseal is another herb that is often found in herbal antibiotic formulas. It has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. It is often used by herbalists to treat sinus infections, vaginal infections, ear infections and sore throats. It can be taken internally and used as a gargle or vaginal wash. The Clayton College Herb Guide warns, however, that it should not be taken during pregnancy, as it may stimulate uterine contractions. It also lowers blood sugar levels and should not be taken by hypoglycemics.

Read more: www.livestrong.com...

Feel better soon...

Des

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Garlic roughly a clove 3 times a day will do wonders,

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

The honey already posted by others...and here's a short list of natural antibiotics. Golden Seal is used often for sore throats.

Goldenseal

Goldenseal is another herb that is often found in herbal antibiotic formulas. It has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. It is often used by herbalists to treat sinus infections, vaginal infections, ear infections and sore throats. It can be taken internally and used as a gargle or vaginal wash. The Clayton College Herb Guide warns, however, that it should not be taken during pregnancy, as it may stimulate uterine contractions. It also lowers blood sugar levels and should not be taken by hypoglycemics.

Read more: www.livestrong.com...

Feel better soon...

Des

Now that mixture just scares me.

An either, OR situation.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I even got me some V8

I'm desperate.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Forgot the Tea, the Honey and the Garlic.

I'm not going to the store again.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's not quite home I suppose but it's not Rx either. Chloraseptic was always a staple in my truck supplies for self medicating those little issues that could make a load late when late loads just couldn't be allowed to happen. A few sprays as directed and the throat feels like cotton for a good time after.

I don't know how bad your ache is or how a few bucks for the bottle at the pharmacy section of a Walgreens might set you back (as a starving student myself...I understand how a few bucks can seem a hundred for all it matters). That's my suggestion though. Home remedies I've tried have never carried beyond simply covering for a short time and oddly, my body adapts and brings the pain back quicker than I'd have thought possible.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have always heard that marshmellows will work.. worth a try!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

honey is good for the problem but can be short lasting.....i live in ct and i get many in the winter.... if you want fast do plain old not diet coke cola.....always works great and last all day!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kaoticf8

yeah! when i had a sore throat i was told to try a clove of garlic. and i gotta admit, it tasted pretty good until it exploded with the spicyness( i really dont know how to explain it). but the day after, my throat was so much better!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thunder2u
I have always heard that marshmellows will work.. worth a try!

Never heard of that.

Now that's new.

and Tasty... MHmMM

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXthealienghostXx
reply to post by kaoticf8

yeah! when i had a sore throat i was told to try a clove of garlic. and i gotta admit, it tasted pretty good until it exploded with the spicyness( i really dont know how to explain it). but the day after, my throat was so much better!

I love garlic too.

Guess, I'll try that.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Manuka honey - google it, it's amazing stuff!
Goldenseal

^^ These are your best bet ^^

Make the goldenseal into a tea. It is absolutely VILE but it will help.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

gargle warm honey and jegermiester it works for me 90 percent of the time

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Gargle with apple cider or diluted apple cider but still strong enough to be bitter.

For really bad strep throat and If you're real courageous get a bottle of iodine and dip a Q-tip in it then shake it off and then swab your tonsils then immediately gargle with fresh water and spit it out and don't swallow it! Iodine can kill your thyroid! It will kill the white crap growing on your tonsils.
edit on 24-4-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Take some ginger, cut and crush it or blend it or something, squeeze the juice out add equal amount of honey by volume, take a tablespoonful every 10 to 15 minutes, its spicy and quite irritating to take but the best thing I have found. Usually only 1 or 2 tablespoons will get rid of it.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

hi ... I rely on betadine throat gargle. It costs about 15 dollars but it works very quickly because it is topical. As soon as I get a sore throat, I gargle it and usually in the morning... no sore throat!!

cheaper and faster than anti biotics and panadol, throat lozengers etc. and it is good to get fast relief.

get well soon

top topics

<<   2 >>

join