What Boston taught me about bugging out...

page: 1
22
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I watched the events that unfolded last Friday all day. I just kept thinking that if these two goobers were actually part of something larger, at any time the next shoe could drop. The more I heard about "stay in place" orders, the more troubled I became. There was an massive police presence that day. Over the course of the day I came to a conclusion. If you happen to be inside the "perimeter" of a major event and your big plan has been to bug out....my friends, you are screwed. I personally saw an explosion at a house where it appeared they arrested a woman...never reported on again. Also, there was an incident where a volley of probably 10 shots were fired. Again, never mentioned post-capture. This tells us there will be a lot of "poop" flying around that may never see the light of day after the fact. I can think of no solutions to offer, but thought I would put this out there and get your thoughts. I am convinced that evacuation orders will not come if an imminent event is likely. It will be "shelter at your current location" until it is too late.




posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Would you prefer that law enforcement doesn't respond in force when our citizens are openly being attacked?

Maybe they should just wander around, be nice, and hope they find some useful information. After all, taking the fight to the enemy is not really politically correct now is it.


+25 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest
 


What I got from the OP was that when the city is locked down on how difficult leaving would be. OP never said anything bad about the law enforcement. Just on the lack of information and not being aloud to leave their home. Just my 2cents though


+3 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman
 


It is a daunting thought, isn't it. To be trapped in one's own home. I highly doubt that any official would hike up the mountain to tell me to stay in my home.

Moving to a rural area was the best decision I ever made. Just watching the chaos after the bombing last week, made me really appreciate the peace of mind I have living where I do.

Good thread topic....S&F.....


Des



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What are the alternatives?

Not locking down the city and letting these guys escape to possibly hurt more innocent people?

Sorry some people couldn't bug out right away (although you'd be back already) but living in a society does have its costs.

Its not like anyone is forcing you to live in highly targeted areas that are easily locked down either you know. I would never have that problem at my permanent residence though if they want to put a fence around the desert I suppose they could.


+5 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest
 


Perhaps instead of throwing out the constitution they should take the approach as they normally would with violent criminals......but hey, go ahead and shut down an entire town at the cost of hundreds of millions.



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest
 


You're still missing the point, because we weren't bad mouthing the choice they made in locking down the city. All we are talking about is how we would deal and react if we were in that situation. And how we'd bug out in a real major crisis that is more large scale. Not to belittle what happened in Boston, but it could have been a lot worse. Thank God it wasn't



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I am not trying to jump on law enforcement here. There are no easy answers. In actuality, sheltering in place if probably the safest bet for as long as the possibility exists to stop whatever is going to happen. My point is, if you tried to quietly slip out of Watertown that day I am betting you wouldn't have made it to the city limits. However, since you brought it up...

I would prefer the swat team not beat on my door and take me and my family from our home at gunpoint when we have done nothing wrong. That said, I personally would have been waiting with the door wide open so they could search and mark my home off their list to speed the capture of that douchebag. And yes, the police should be nice to the people who are not criminals...everyone has a job to do, so being professional has its place. Especially in a situation like that.



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
To be honest sheltering in place is your safest option. What would you do walk out into the street?

I have everything I need in my house to survive for an extended period of time. I also have the tactical advantage of knowing the layout of the structure.
edit on 23-4-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wanderer777
reply to post by Hopechest
 


You're still missing the point, because we weren't bad mouthing the choice they made in locking down the city. All we are talking about is how we would deal and react if we were in that situation. And how we'd bug out in a real major crisis that is more large scale. Not to belittle what happened in Boston, but it could have been a lot worse. Thank God it wasn't


Oh, my apologies then. Yes it would make it difficult to bug out.

Supposing that their SOP is to conduct massive forces to lock down areas under attack it would mean the window of opportunity is very low, less than an hour I'd guess.

If that's the case you do need to have your plan practiced very well, your car always full of gas, a means of money always on you and your BOB, depending on whether you are trying to disappear or simply leave the immediate area.

I sort of have the opposite problem. My plan is to catch a ride on our families sailboat far out into the ocean to escape any SHTF scenarios so I actually need to bust into a possible locked down area to get to our boat.

I'm only hoping I can pick up on something before it happens and I'm fairly confident that I will know when I need to start thinking about inching my way out west to the coast so I'm ready to go when the hammer drops.



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What Boston taught me is when it came time to put up or shut up far too many people were all too willing to continue outsourcing to someone else.

Boston was one of the greatest teaching lessons a prepper/survivalist can ever learn from.
edit on 23-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)


+36 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Would you prefer that law enforcement doesn't respond in force when our citizens are openly being attacked?

Maybe they should just wander around, be nice, and hope they find some useful information. After all, taking the fight to the enemy is not really politically correct now is it.


Oh my Lordy...where do I begin??

Here's what I would prefer, Tinkerbell: I would prefer that law enforcement responds like officers of the law, who understand and uphold our constitutional rights as they do their duty. I would prefer that LEOs stop playing army guys and stop dressing up like they're in a combat mission in a war zone. I would prefer that they follow the law and stop forcing people out of their homes without probable cause. I would prefer that they not institute a martial law atmosphere and trap people in their homes, while they force their way into absolutely everybody's home without a warrant or cause for entry.

Most of all, I would prefer that they look at us as sovereign citizens, and stop "taking the fight" to all of us. WE ARE NOT THE ENEMY.

Can you understand that, or are you such a deluded cheerleader of authority that you would gladly see them burn our Constitution and Bill of Rights so you can feel safe?


You'll be the one in the FEMA camp ratting out the other prisoners so you can get an extra ration.
edit on 23-4-2013 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)


+6 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus
 




Brilliant...simply Brilliant.....

Des



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus
 


Interesting that I haven't seen anyone forced out of their homes.

Since you have I can assume you have evidence to back that up.

I will patiently wait.



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by FissionSurplus
 


Interesting that I haven't seen anyone forced out of their homes.

Since you have I can assume you have evidence to back that up.

I will patiently wait.


Really?

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Lol i was going to say..

The evidence has been on the front page for the last couple hours.



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
A couple of points to consider.

Not every citizen will get the message of a lockdown. Some like me simply never watch TV nor do I listen to the radio. Too much crap! So if they lock down my suburb I am not going to know about it.

In this scenario, wait for the search to pass you and then wait some more and drive out of the area at a normal pace. Take your dog, explain that you are going camping (To explain all the crap in the car).

The worst that can happen to you is that they return you to your house thinking you can't follow the simplest instructions. Act dumb!

P



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest
 


You really haven't seen this?

Ask and you shall recieve



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
What Boston taught me is when it came time to put up or shut up far too many people were all too willing to continue outsourcing to someone else.

Boston was one of the greatest teaching lessons a prepper/survivalist can ever learn from.
edit on 23-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)


Boston showed me that "they" won and we lost. You are right, most people would simply let the cops in, are move then willing, eager even to give up their freedoms for some perceived security. None of us, myself included, haven't been in the situation that we had to fight for our rights. We just simply expect them to be there, we are pampered.



Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by FissionSurplus
 


Interesting that I haven't seen anyone forced out of their homes.

Since you have I can assume you have evidence to back that up.

I will patiently wait.


Multiple videos on youtube showing people forced out of their homes, with assault rifles aimed at them. A lot of them are on ATS so take a look.

edit on 23-4-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by americanwoman
I am not trying to jump on law enforcement here. There are no easy answers. In actuality, sheltering in place if probably the safest bet for as long as the possibility exists to stop whatever is going to happen. My point is, if you tried to quietly slip out of Watertown that day I am betting you wouldn't have made it to the city limits. However, since you brought it up...

I would prefer the swat team not beat on my door and take me and my family from our home at gunpoint when we have done nothing wrong. That said, I personally would have been waiting with the door wide open so they could search and mark my home off their list to speed the capture of that douchebag. And yes, the police should be nice to the people who are not criminals...everyone has a job to do, so being professional has its place. Especially in a situation like that.


This is the exact position most law abiding citizens would have taken. I never heard a forced "Shelter in Place", people were asked to shelter in place. I agree, if you would have left your home, you would have been stopped, but not for your own safety, but also the safety of the LEO's, sometimes common sense takes the place of fear.





 
22
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join



atslive.com

hi-def

low-def