It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Boston taught me about bugging out...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman

I'm British. Does " Bugging out " equate to buggering off ? I..e. vanish, disappear ? Thank you...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Someone may have a better answer, but "bugging out" is when there is a disaster scenario and one is forced to abandon their primary residence. The ideal is to be able to "bug out" with enough supplies to make it to a preset safe haven that you have set up with provisions and supplies. So basically, you are disappearing in a way. But I thought "bugger off" was sort of an insult, whereas "bug out" is more like a maneuver or an action.

Hopefully, someone will correct me, or fill in the gaps

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sacrilicious

Many thanks for your help...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by americanwoman
I watched the events that unfolded last Friday all day. I just kept thinking that if these two goobers were actually part of something larger, at any time the next shoe could drop. The more I heard about "stay in place" orders, the more troubled I became. There was an massive police presence that day. Over the course of the day I came to a conclusion. If you happen to be inside the "perimeter" of a major event and your big plan has been to bug out....my friends, you are screwed. I personally saw an explosion at a house where it appeared they arrested a woman...never reported on again. Also, there was an incident where a volley of probably 10 shots were fired. Again, never mentioned post-capture. This tells us there will be a lot of "poop" flying around that may never see the light of day after the fact. I can think of no solutions to offer, but thought I would put this out there and get your thoughts. I am convinced that evacuation orders will not come if an imminent event is likely. It will be "shelter at your current location" until it is too late.

This is why I keep shouting to everyone I know, my family, friends, etc to get the hell out of the cities and get rural. I'm not saying that I'm completely removed from something happening, but at least I won't be trapped right there in the city, where road ways are cut off and police and military are swarming everywhere.

It's going to get worse. Everyone can guarantee on that, because they let us know it will, by announcing that they were still looking for more terrorists. They have laid the ground work and let everyone know that this thing is not over, and we are just one foot into the grave of losing America as we know it.

Now is the time to get your food stuffs and water organized. Food and water will be used to control you. Hungry? Ah, too bad. Do what I say and you'll get your rations for the day.

I can't even emphasize how nasty it is going to get. If Boston didn't wake anyone up, then I don' t what else can be said. I'm seeing so many people say that this manhunt and lock down was for their own good. I guess these people don't mind being treated like criminals for their own safety.

Everyone was FEARED into obedience that day, with guns and armored vehicles. This was a test. I guess tptb found out just how smoothly it went for them.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Would you prefer that law enforcement doesn't respond in force when our citizens are openly being attacked?

Maybe they should just wander around, be nice, and hope they find some useful information. After all, taking the fight to the enemy is not really politically correct now is it.

Law enforcement and military didn't need to treat citizens like they were suspects/criminals. There are videos of people being pushed, yelled at, forced out of their houses. "Lock down" is a term that originated in the prison system, which is now something you hear all of the time at public schools. Now, you'll hear it in your own neighborhood.

I lived in Oakland, in a very drug infested gang infested part of town for years, where people ran loose dealing drugs and armed to the teeth. Many times the police came into the neighborhood looking for suspects who were on the run, but never once did they come to my home, force me out of my house and treat me like a suspect while searching my home for the criminal on the loose.

There was no need to do what they did that day, going house to house and forcing people to submit to warrant-less searches. Many people who were OK with this, are also okay with giving up their freedoms and dignity to TSA as well, by submitting to their "enhanced" pat downs.

People will say "this makes me feel safer" but they have imprisoned themselves, and they don't even realize it.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Bugging Out should probably be a last resort regardless... Ideally, sheltering in is optimal, followed by a packed vehicle and actually "bugging out" a last resort IMHO.

Watching all this go down is very scary for any plan. Had this happened in my neighborhood I would have been caught up in everything and even trying to step outside or breach the perimeter would have been ignorant at that point.

For the person saying "they didnt break in anyones door" and "just dont answer"- it was announced they would break in any door that didnt answer and search all unoccupied homes. You can look that up.

-Back on point. regardless of preparation, getting caught up in a mess like that would be horrid if anything went long term. The chance of being pulled from your home with no supplies, shoes or keys and whisked off to a bus (for your own safety) looks to be a very real possibility.

I suppose sleep with your BOB on, shes on, and sandwiches stuffed in your pockets. Make sure to have all gear and a set of keys when answering the door? IDK?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by americanwoman

It is a daunting thought, isn't it. To be trapped in one's own home. I highly doubt that any official would hike up the mountain to tell me to stay in my home.

Moving to a rural area was the best decision I ever made. Just watching the chaos after the bombing last week, made me really appreciate the peace of mind I have living where I do.

Good thread topic....S&F.....

Des

same here, im 45 min. from any big town with hills all around my house. there is also a valley behind me with a creek seasonal creek bed that i can follow for miles with no one in sight. so moving out of the city was a great choice for me as well.

as far as bugging out i would hang tight till i had to leave, cus at any point in time i have enough food to last at least a month and more than enough ammo to last a day or two. when that all runs out its time to head for the hills after that runs out and become a cave man of sorts.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
No better way to make up for someone breaking the law than
for our own government to follow suit, the truth is plain and simple
really, our government has laws guiding it because they have
ABUSED their authority in the past, many many many many many
many many times, they have even used the U.S. military on
U.S. civilians, they actually sent bombers let me repeat this one
BOMBERS! against U.S. citizens, these laws exist for a reason,
anyone who does not realize this will learn it the hard way.

History is doomed to repeat itself, that is for absolute certain.
Hitler used stories of terrorists as his way to enforce more strict
control and do away with many rights, not that i think these bombers
are innocent but just because they did something wrong does
not excuse anyone else from following a law that is and should
be defended at all cost. yes all cost, i would give my life for my
freedom, for your freedom, that is the price of being free, and
the sick truth is why even live life if it is not free? your just living
someone else life if you live under oppression, the life they
desire you to have.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

as soon as the first bomb went off your grabbing your BOB by the second your on the road , taking the Highway out of town if you don't your had, in lock down and being searched. but then how many have there BOB 24/7?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

What are the alternatives?

Not locking down the city and letting these guys escape to possibly hurt more innocent people?

Sorry some people couldn't bug out right away (although you'd be back already) but living in a society does have its costs.

Its not like anyone is forcing you to live in highly targeted areas that are easily locked down either you know. I would never have that problem at my permanent residence though if they want to put a fence around the desert I suppose they could.

I would rather take my chances being hurt by two people than by 2000 control freak bullies with badges.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

What are the alternatives?

Not locking down the city and letting these guys escape to possibly hurt more innocent people?

Sorry some people couldn't bug out right away (although you'd be back already) but living in a society does have its costs.

Its not like anyone is forcing you to live in highly targeted areas that are easily locked down either you know. I would never have that problem at my permanent residence though if they want to put a fence around the desert I suppose they could.

I would rather take my chances being hurt by two people than by 2000 control freak bullies with badges.

I really hope when the next incident happens the police do nothing.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by neo96

as soon as the first bomb went off your grabbing your BOB by the second your on the road , taking the Highway out of town if you don't your had, in lock down and being searched. but then how many have there BOB 24/7?

ok check this out.....

the bomb went off, so you immediately grab your bug out gear and head for the woods....during this time an entire city is looking for a suspect responsible for the attack....next thing you know you run into a park ranger...

so now you're in a situation where an entire city is looking for someone and here you are in the middle of the woods with camping gear some food and a gun or two...dont you think someone would consider you "suspicious" and report you to the gestapo?

no matter what angle i look at this from, i cant seem to find a good ending for them...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by americanwoman
I watched the events that unfolded last Friday all day. I just kept thinking that if these two goobers were actually part of something larger, at any time the next shoe could drop. The more I heard about "stay in place" orders, the more troubled I became. There was an massive police presence that day. Over the course of the day I came to a conclusion. If you happen to be inside the "perimeter" of a major event and your big plan has been to bug out....my friends, you are screwed. I personally saw an explosion at a house where it appeared they arrested a woman...never reported on again. Also, there was an incident where a volley of probably 10 shots were fired. Again, never mentioned post-capture. This tells us there will be a lot of "poop" flying around that may never see the light of day after the fact. I can think of no solutions to offer, but thought I would put this out there and get your thoughts. I am convinced that evacuation orders will not come if an imminent event is likely. It will be "shelter at your current location" until it is too late.

Have been studying globalism for 40+ years. Have long thought about this issue.

I haven't come up with any clear . . . humanly choosable solutions either.

The following are the only hope I've touched on in my own thinking.

1. Walk close to God and learn to hear His still small voice. Follow after His leading of peace within . . . to know where to go; when to stop; when to advance; where to hide; how to pray to be 'not seen in plain sight' by the enemy etc.

2. BE VERY AWARE of your surroundings. Know what objects might serve to protect from projectiles. Have water, trail bars to eat, etc. If possible, have some thin thermal blanket type folded products to use, if needed for hiding and from the cold. From years overseas in . . . dramatic civil situations . . . have carried my backpack with me virtually everywhere for more than 25 years.

3. There are already some convincing reports of "Holy Spirit travel" e.g. in the New Testament a la Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch. One Pastor was worshiping during a worship service in Florida. The next moment, he's in an elevator crowded with Chinese people in China. Walks out of the elevator . . . down a street . . . into another building as led within his spirit . . . into a door . . . into an informal church service. Worships, prays in tongues, service ends, he hands out his business card with his email . . . walks out . . . shortly ends up back at the same worship service in Florida he started from. [color=6699FF]Two weeks later, he gets an email from someone in that meeting in China, inviting him back any time..

I do believe there will be many such incidents taking good people out of harm's way supernaturally. Others will be honored with a martyr's death.

Other than the above, I have no solutions. Curious what others have to say on this issue.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
My opinion on what to do is this, don't put all your eggs in one basket. You shouldn't just store all your gear/ food in a location that you may not be able to get to. The situation will determine whether you can make it or not. I know for some people it's a long drive to their location. What good will that do you if the highways are clogged with broken down cars? Always have two locations to go to, one close by, the other within a reasonable distance.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer777

Well if the scenario was big enough to where you felt you had to leave then, I assume most of the public would be trying to flee as well and then you would have to be sneaky and try you luck to slip past all the other masses fleeing. The coppers can't stop them all. That is why you should already have several different routes planned out for escape.
edit on 24-4-2013 by skorpius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Would you prefer that law enforcement doesn't respond in force when our citizens are openly being attacked?

Maybe they should just wander around, be nice, and hope they find some useful information. After all, taking the fight to the enemy is not really politically correct now is it.

The police should go after the bad guys that is their job. But they do not have the right to restrict the movement of the public. They certainly don't have the right to force people to stay in their homes and commit searches without warrants. It is a violation of the 4th amendment. In my state if a cop tries to enter my home without a warrant I have every right to shoot him.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

The police should go after the bad guys that is their job. But they do not have the right to restrict the movement of the public. They certainly don't have the right to force people to stay in their homes and commit searches without warrants. It is a violation of the 4th amendment. In my state if a cop tries to enter my home without a warrant I have every right to shoot him.

It's not a violation of the 4th amendment. Also, you realize it would be impossible to clear areas if they didn't right? So you search 2 out of 50 houses and consider an area cleared? Also I have never heard a state that allows you to shoot a police officer if he enters your house without a warrant. I guess you could try it with the judge but you may have a hard time with that.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by Hopechest

A couple dozen dudes with military style body armor, armored vehicles and assault rifles show up pounding on your door. What exactly are you going to do.....and those fellows aiming those rifles at the home owners. How far do I have to spell it out for you.

I would tell them the same thing I told the cops that showed up at my door the last time. So me a warrant or get off my property. People need to stand up for their rights.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

It's not a violation of the 4th amendment. Also, you realize it would be impossible to clear areas if they didn't right? So you search 2 out of 50 houses and consider an area cleared? Also I have never heard a state that allows you to shoot a police officer if he enters your house without a warrant. I guess you could try it with the judge but you may have a hard time with that.

Learn what the 4th amendment is they have to have probable cause to search. Fourth Amendment

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

Learn what the 4th amendment is they have to have probable cause to search. Fourth Amendment

See exigent circumstances. Public safety.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join