It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Bombing Suspect Charged With Using Weapon of Mass Destruction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Bottom line is this:
He used a device that caused MASS DESTRUCTION, death, injuries and damage to property thru explosives and rapidly expelled fragments or shrapnel
What do you call that?
A WEAPON OF MASS DISTRUCTION
Stop defending this dirtbag

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

yes and no if you use a can of powder and bb's then you used a WMD device, but if you use a sawed off shot gun you did not use a WMD. But if you get your hands on a laws anti tank weapon and used it to blow up tree stump and you caused someone injury by doing so, then you can be charged with using WMD.An other is by mixing chem's together to clean a toilet and it blows up. Just the way the law is written.

edit on 22-4-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Rocker2013

yes and no if you use a can of powder and bb's then you used a WMD device but if you use a sawed off shot gun you did not use a WMD but if you get your hands on a laws anti tank weapon and used it to blow up tree stump and you caused someone injury by doing so, then you can be charged with using WMD. or by mixing chem's together to clean a toilet and it blows up. Just the way the law is written. ???? mods remove this having issues at my end

edit on 22-4-2013 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by Destinyone
Shrapnel = explosions of some sort. Mass shrapnel = mass destruction....

These were bombs that were used....remember...

The charge applies here.

Des

No, the definition of "Weapons of Mass Destruction" has been changed to dupe an idiot public.

A weapon of mass destruction is a nuclear weapon, a biological weapon, or a chemical weapon, capable of killing or maiming hundreds or potentially thousands of individuals EACH.

A pressure cooker device is not a weapon of mass destruction, and people should be asking why they are being treated like idiots who do not understand basic English.

Americans are being treated like idiots by their government, and many seem to be okay with that

edit on 22-4-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)
Thank you SIR. I was thinking the exact same thing.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It looks like they are going the same route they did with Tim McVeigh. He was a US citizen and indicted of conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction as well as use of a weapon of mass destruction.

As we all know he got the death penalty.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm wondering though...anything he says while under sedation, any decent lawyer can likely get that testimony thrown right out. Is this amateur hour with the feds? Or are they simply confident they have enough evidence they aren't worried about it (or have it rigged enough)?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Bottom line is this:
He used a device that caused MASS DESTRUCTION, death, injuries and damage to property thru explosives and rapidly expelled fragments or shrapnel
What do you call that?

Well I call it an IED. Cause thats what it is... an IED.

(in this case its a weapon of mass distraction at best, but its still an IED)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

good points , but i have a feeling that he will never see a court room , for he might die of infection or something to that effect.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

yes it is and this is what the fed criminal complaint says about it, IED and WMD was used msnbcmedia.msn.com... it is found in paragraph 3 of the document er criminal complaint, can not copy from it.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Bottom line is this:
What do you call that?

Well I call it an IED. Cause thats what it is... an IED.

(in this case its a weapon of mass distraction at best, but its still an IED)

I agree with this as well

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Sorry pressure cookers, and pipe bombs are NOT weapons of mass destruction.

Believe it or not people pipe bombs have been used near 100 years now never before in this entire countries history have they ever been called "weapons of mass destruction".

Case in point was McViegh charged with a weapon of mass destruction?

The are some serious ramifications of the re defining of that word "WMD".

If they are labeling those "WMD" only a matter of time they label a gun a "WMD".

For the record a WMD is nuclear,chemical,Biological capable of killing thousands-millions in an instant.

Anyone who says other wise is pushing for more totalitarianism.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It's unfathomable that there is always someone within the first 5 posts trying to defend the most illogical of allegations.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
They really need to define "mass" better.

I would say anything "Mass" involves LOTS of people.

Like a nuke over Hiroshima 65 years ago, now that's a weapon of MASS destruction.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm wondering though...anything he says while under sedation, any decent lawyer can likely get that testimony thrown right out. Is this amateur hour with the feds? Or are they simply confident they have enough evidence they aren't worried about it (or have it rigged enough)?

It's rigged, they could have very little to zero evidence proving he was the actual bomber. They don't even need intent, or motive. No matter the outcome, he will be sentenced to Life, if not the death penalty.

We like to call this rights to proper trial, but anyone with a mind knows this will be a kangaroo court and a public lynching.

I'm not saying he is innocent, I am just saying no matter the outcome, this is pinned on him.. he will have sole blame, and he will bear all punishment no exceptions. Which is kind of sad.
edit on 22-4-2013 by guymontag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

yes it is and this is what the fed criminal complaint says about it, IED and WMD was used msnbcmedia.msn.com... it is found in paragraph 3 of the document er criminal complaint, can not copy from it.

Bekod,

Well... I've been reading and... according to US law (18 USC §2332a) and its amendments pretty much anything can be interpreted as a weapon of mass destruction - its a matter of interpretation really - according to this if I throw a 5 kg dead cat through your window, its a weapon of mass destruction... I would still call it a dead 5 kg cat.

Some common sense should prevail - not that throwing a dead cat through someone else's window would be a sign of common sense but you understand what I mean

EDIT: oh yes, sorry - here's the link in case you want to take a look - US law (18 USC §2332a)
edit on 22-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OratoryHeist
So THAT'S why they invaded Iraq and killed Saddam Hussein, he bought some new kitchen utensils!

Looks like we'll all be getting back ground checks when we go out to buy pots and pans next.

Yeah, this is seemingly a bunch of crap.

Unless there is way more to this, it just seems like they are throwing everything at him to see what sticks, or...expanding the definition of WMD...

May as well charge all of the citizens milling about Cambridge and Watertown during the the manhunt with obstructing justice.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I do understand where your coming from, but it is already being used by the FBI, BATF and other Fed and Local agency's , it is a matter of time when buying a 12ga ammo will be classified as a ammo for a WMD.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

yea it is been posted something like 5 times now, This is about whats the Feds are calling it. it does not matter what the person thinks it is, it what the law says it is , is this right to have a law imposed on the public? or to make criminal more of a criminal?. BATF says it is, FBI says it is, law books says it is, you and me do not but then, what do we know? here is the Feds point of it , and this is what matters, not what you, I or we might interrupt the law as www.abovetopsecret.com... and that is how they will use it in the court of law an dhow it is being use the the papers field on the suspect.

edit on 22-4-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Any chance that there was a WMD that we do not know about that they got to before it went off? Just throwing that out there. Is it for sure over the pressure cookers?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV
, but I thought that WMD applied to the use of chemical, biological or radioactive material...something which was meant to spread or contaminate beyond the original distribution point?
edit on 4/22/2013 by kosmicjack because: dang Android auto correct...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join