It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Invented Religion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: GUITARPLAYER

Show me where I singled out cockamamieanity? You need to get your eyes checked!

Well let’s see you stated that the rapture is what escapism? How many other faiths call it the rapture? I do believe that only the Christian faith uses that term. I will admit you did use the term Koran in your rant but did not mention any of their beliefs as you did on the bible. So in my opinion this is just another hit piece of someone who’s been effected negatively by the Christian faith. On that day many will say Lord Lord and He will say depart from Me I’ve never known you. So please don’t paint with such a broad brush.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Hey there! seems to me you are the only one drawing that conclusion. If I did not state it clearly enough for you here goes, ALL RELIGION sucks and is full of crap. if it is based on a pack of fictional characters and lies it sucks.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegreeWe are all made of the same thing, yet we take religion and belief systems and isolate from each other. Having TRUE love for each other does not require religion: it requires acceptance.
Soul

Man invented religion because its creator was a conspicuous "NO SHOW" and the human had to take the reins and create the causal blame game: (effect/affect-reason for being--ITS NOT OUR FAULT).
edit on 17-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The fact you can quote scripture when you live in a materialistic society that does more harm than good hardly seems like a good thing.

Funny how when defending their faith most people just quote scripture as if that means anything to those who aren't believers. It's all ad hominem, means nothing in a logical debate. Also funny when two people of different faiths are debating...it's like a baseball player playing a tennis player on a hockey rink; just complete nonsense.

I have no problem with people of faith. I also believe all faiths have some truth to them, and those truths come from a higher power that is bigger than all religions combined. It truly is sad that mankind has endless potential if we come together instead of jockeying for superiority. I suppose we were made like this but I think we were because there is a lesson to be learned...few like the OP and others have learned but the majority just live automatically without stopping to look at the big picture.
edit on 17-6-2015 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2015 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
originally posted by: Specimen

Dinosaurs were obviously a trans fatty specie and were eliminated for the good of the planet. When the "I Cannot Believe This Is Not Butter" or the non debate: 'What exactly is Margarine' arose; this fact of that extinction finally/formally correlates; a Bad specie invented equals the equivalent of a bad demise. Religious Dogma should be refrigerated, as it has become rancid.
edit on 17-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Hey there! seems to me you are the only one drawing that conclusion. If I did not state it clearly enough for you here goes, ALL RELIGION sucks and is full of crap. if it is based on a pack of fictional characters and lies it sucks.

Who are you calling fictional and what proof do you have that they never existed?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

What proof do you have that they are real?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

And this has absolutely nothing to do with the OP!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

It is just so amazing to me that so many people put their faith in a bunch of man made cock and bull stories that were written and translated from languages they had no clue what any of it was saying. Do I think all religion is useless, no, the benefit is having the ability to recognize that it all means squat.

Does anyone really need to have Moses come down from the mountain with commandments? Hey I was raised in the jewish faith and it took me time to understand what a crock that was. I would not have been able to see had it not been for the fact I was abused by a rabbi and I came to understand my spirituality had no need for the lies and hypocrisy that surrounds religious concepts.

Do all religions abuse their flock? No. Most promise absolution and look the other way for fear of exposing lies and deceit when it serves their own agenda. Pass the plate, take a wafer, go to confession, pretend to give a crap.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

When it is all stripped to the bare bones does it really make a difference what color race religion sexual orientation or species we are? No.

The energy of us all is connected to the source and no religion is necessary for that to be true. We will all have the same ability to evolve regardless.

I was born into this human condition with inherent knowledge and I will leave the same way, but with an accumulation of more knowledge to take to my next destination.

As we continue on our journey through this galaxy into the area of the universe we are traversing we will have many changes to deal with spiritually and religion will not prepare our soul for this, that has to come from a deeper understanding. One that religion only clouds and distorts.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Not only did man invent religion but man also invented god.

Religion and god and heaven and hell were created to control people through guilt and fear, willful ignorance and stupidity.

Our "creator" isn't necessarily a thing that we would consider to be greater than ourselves, that is way too simplistic and runs along the lines of thinking from when mankind knew almost nothing about anything.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
"Religion" is a blanket term, perhaps "belief systems" are more appropriate, because even when "religion" or "God" is not involved, there are many systems of belief that do work against each other simply because they are not compatible - for example Communism and Capitalism. Can we say that governments are ruining the world and keeping us divided, yes, however that does not represent the intent of either party, necessarily.
edit on 18-6-2015 by systemresistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: systemresistor
"Religion" is a blanket term, perhaps "belief systems" are more appropriate, because even when "religion" or "God" is not involved, there are many systems of belief that do work against each other simply because they are not compatible - for example Communism and Capitalism. Can we say that governments are ruining the world and keeping us divided, yes, however that does not represent the intent of either party, necessarily.

We are all made of the same thing, yet we take religion and belief systems and isolate from each other. Having TRUE love for each other does not require religion: it requires acceptance.

OP said as much!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree
As you apparently did; I did as well, 'Crying Foul' at a very young age when presented a litany of reasons to believe in a particular faith. The result; I was never baptized or had a first communion.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Man creates dinosaurs, then dinosaurs will destroy man, even though Woman made Man, and woman destroy the dinosaurs...God comes back from the dead says "What happened"?
edit on 18-6-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Not only did man invent religion but man also invented god.

Religion and god and heaven and hell were created to control people through guilt and fear, willful ignorance and stupidity.

Our "creator" isn't necessarily a thing that we would consider to be greater than ourselves, that is way too simplistic and runs along the lines of thinking from when mankind knew almost nothing about anything.

Semantics plays a role in what we call it, but the collective energy of all is certainly greater than the single energy of one. The source is most definitely not simplistic in form and the creator of source existed long before humans did.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Man creates dinosaurs, then dinosaurs will destroy man, even though Woman made Man, and woman destroy the dinosaurs...God comes back from the dead says "What happened"?

God 'blinked' and not understanding linear time, within that blink 50,000 years occurred.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

And drops specimen on head!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
To me, religion is obviously man made. That's something I believe 100%, and find it quite obvious that it is man made.

Saying that, everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want to believe in. As long as they are not hurting anyone, I don't care.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join