It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Invented Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Damsel

If I could give you a hundred stars, I would. Just know that I applaud you. Far too many people are emotionally influenced by what they personally want out of religion, and by what they think the world is, and by what they believe life is meant for. The fact is...there is very little absolution to any of those questions.

This is why I don't like organized religion. It provides far too much temptation for everyone to tell everyone else what to do and what not to do, completely oblivious to the fact that spirituality is a personal journey that we must unravel for ourselves. The most important meanings are self-made. Just as I determine who I am and who I want to be, I determine why I am here and who I answer to and what I want to give to the world. No one else can tell me those things.

And that goes for everyone else too.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damsel
Perhaps you have had supernatural experiences, I won't doubt that, but what makes you think it's God? It is just an experience. You're the one who attached your own concepts to the experience and called it God. Just know that many have had feelings of rapture, and while you call it God, the Muslims call it Allah, the Hindus call it Krishna, but the Buddhists just call it rapture, and it is only the beginning of meditation practice in Buddhism.

But I fear you are suffering from delusions. Much of the evidence you posted is just entirely made up. Can't you see how much suffering and hatred you have for your beliefs? You feel so much of the world is against you, the Illuminati is some evil force that hates you and your God, and you've caged yourself into an unhappy existence. How can this be knowledge based on truth? Why did this supernatural experience with God only cause you to fall into a state of isolation and fear and paranoia? If anything is controlled by Satan, it must be the knowledge you claim to have.

Attacking someone's character is SO much easier and much more fun than discussing the topic.

Since you have such a hard time dealing with the FACT that religion is a manufactured lie I understand.

Living in denial is SO much simpler.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Attacking someone's character is SO much easier and much more fun than discussing the topic.

Since you have such a hard time dealing with the FACT that religion is a manufactured lie I understand.

I'm not attacking your character, I'm attacking your viewpoint, which is the topic. If you thought I was attacking your character, then I apologize. It was not my intention at all.

The problem is, it is not a fact that religion is a manufactured lie. It is an opinion. Saying it's a fact in all capital letters does not make it so. How do you know you are not the one living in denial of what is really true? What makes your experiences more valid than mine? Or anyone else's?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Give me a moment to stop rolling my eyes so I can actually see what I'm typing.

...okay, there we go. Attacking your character? I don't think anyone here would have a problem with your posts if you didn't have such an insane history of posting off-the-wall allegations that make this guy look rational:

So with all due respect, if you attack the topic and are unable to defend your attack, don't be offended when we smell blood. If you want to discuss, then discuss. If you can't defend your opinions, then find some new ones.

Coming from the guy who believes in "God" and Jesus and Satan? Take your hypocrisy somewhere else.

I'm sure you would know.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: awake1234
Religion is Traditionbut whose...where did it come from...understand this and well understand alot about earth life - but seemingly have at our disposal only those books in question as the only source for answers.LOVE

Religion is a farce and you answered the question. You are being handed a pack of lies as fact. Translations of languages into other languages, written and interpreted by "scholars".

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dominicusIf mankind doesn't need any written instructions, why did you write this paradoxical post, OP?2nd line

Why did you read it? Why did you reply? I wrote this for obvious reasons outlined in the OP. Did you actually read the entirety of my OP? It seems that you are mistaken. Try reading it again and then give me a shout back.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: midiconi]replytopost by soulpowertothendegree

I see you have your own belief system...best be careful lest someone makes a religion out of it.
That is...you appear to believe something will be relocated somewhere...taking with it knowledge and stuff.
All in some happy after-life or somesuch...And what is true love?Whatever it is, it doesn't really require anything.

Okay call it the religion of spirituality and the evolutionary tale of the soul. My belief system existed long before religion and does not require translation of archaic languages and interpretation to understand. These lessons and experiences are invaluable and I treasure each and everyone of them. Not limited to and including the usage of the human language concept. The only way to communicate with humans is to read, write and speak in whatever language environment we inhabit in any one lifetime.

My question to you would be, if you are so gullible to believe the "scholars" and the religious fanatics and their made up BS why is it so difficult to believe the possibility that I could be right in my assessment? Love itself does require something. What that is I will leave up to you to figure out, since you have all the answers. Good luck!

edit on 17-6-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
There is a MASSIVE conspiracy surrounding religion. The elite created religion as a tool with a stealth agenda. Satan is hiding behind religion and masquerades as God using a robe of religion in order to turn people AWAY from the truth and away from God. This is why the very LAST place you want to go to find truth is religion itself...Religion will NEVER tell you the TRUTH...Religion is one massive LIE that was created as a mind control weapon designed to cover up the truth about God. The hidden agenda behind FALSE Religion is to destroy spirituality and cause people to hate God. The definition of the word religion is to (re)connect with God. The agenda behind false religion is to keep you disconnected from God. Religion is used to do the exact OPPOSITE of what it should do...Religion is rat poison for the soul - 99% truth, 1% lies...How can people not see that false religion is used as mind control yet the same time be completely and totally blind to the agenda BEHIND it? WHY is it so hard for people to differentiate between God and religion when they are complete total opposites?

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control." Link

Not much I can add to that. Except, well done diatribe!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: jiggerj

Originally posted by awake1234Religion is Traditionbut whose...where did it come from... but seemingly have at our disposal only those books in question as the only source for answers.LOVE

Not necessarily. Here is a link to a lot of ancient texts. I called up the Confucius text, dated at 500 BC.
It's not that the bible was the only source, it's that it was the most popular reading material of its time.
Ancient Texts

Just more languages interpreting and translating other languages without actually having the ability to understand what was written in the first place. Heck, China has so many dialects they don't even understand each other most of the time. We are born with all the information we need.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: KashaiEveryone has beliefs and we as humans have a tendency of reacting rather than providing consideration to the beliefs of others. There is literally every reason to consider that when it comes to morality one cannot really claim that any particular system of belief today (even Atheism) can claim that immoral acts are not apparent in relation to their history. As far as governments both the Soviet Union is an example of a country where Atheism was the only state sponsored system of belief. This was a country where on average every woman in the country has had about 8 abortions by the time the reach Menopause (it's still a problem today) because their, "Free Love"predominates and given there is no God, Marriage is not treated as a rationalization for not engaging in unprotected sex (with respect to the male who is not her husband in question).Any thoughts?

A higher power exist whether we believe it or not. Where are you getting your "facts"? It does not matter if it is Russia or China or wherever, the truth about who and what we are is within, not in a book. I could care less what an atheist believes about the existence of god and how they enjoy sexuality. Religion is used as a crutch to justify many bad behaviors.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damsel Then accept people's religious beliefs. Are you not, in this very thread, taking your system of belief that organized religions are wrong in order to separate yourself from those who follow those organized religions? But can you really say all religions are bad? For example, Buddhism does none of the things you criticize in your post.

You are correct in stating that not all religions are bad, they are just given way to much credence where interpretation and translation are concerned. Many religions are based on the writings of those that really had no clue what they were reading. I do not care if someone wants to believe any of it or all of it, but they are delusional if what they think they are reading and quoting as "scripture" is actually accurate.

Like all things in life that we deal with as humans there has to be a time when we come to conclusions on our own without being forced to pander to man made religions and the environment we were raised in.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MurgatroidThe fruit of Religion is hate, death, and lies. Ever wonder WHY? ALL pagan religions are controlled by Satan! It doesn’t matter if you worship Pan, Krishna, Diana, or Thor; the face behind the mask of your god is Satan’s. It's that simple. There are only TWO religious systems in the world. Satan controls one. The other owes its allegiance only to Jesus.

You give way to much credit to satan. We are born of 2 energies. We bring knowledge with our soul that is inherent. The environment we are raised in plays a larger role in how these energies progress or regress in their evolutionary process. I simply ask for those that think religion is the answer to all to reconsider their position as most of it is based on faulty logic and archaic testimonials that were translated and interpreted from languages that were not fully comprehended and put forth as truth.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Occurs religion is man made, how could anybody explain a God that has the same attributes even sexual gender linked to man in earth, then to make sure that his gender is well reminded it comes to earth as a man itself.

No matter how much those behind religious believes try to tell that man was created in an image of a god still is that littler nagging feeling of a god with all the same flaws that we humans have.

Why will a God needs to create a creature in his image? then make it so flaw that it needs to be reprimanded with all the hardships of a human life.

It makes no sense unless that god is very much as flaw as the creature call man that it created in his image.

God is very much man made along with religion.
edit on 17-6-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: hermes31

Originally posted by soulpowertothendegree
...We are all made of the same thing, yet we take religion and belief systems and isolate from each other. Having TRUE love for each other does not require religion: it requires acceptance.
Do you accept the religious choices of other people and respect them equally?

Acceptance for each other does not require condoning behavior that I see is detrimental to the evolutionary process of ones' soul. religion is a concept that is for young souls that do not know the truth, yet. They are easily manipulated by the brainwashing techniques employed by those that are seeking to control them. You may not have achieved the necessary level to get this. If you are so readily able to accept whatever religion you have been force fed then perhaps looking at things from a different perspective will open your eyes.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Because of JESUS and the idea that he is a God less people were killed than in WW2 because of Adolf Hitler. In reality because of JESUS as many people were killed as in relation to Mao, who by the way was an Atheist.

So, tell me where you get your facts from? Where the heck was bejebus before Hitler killed the millions of people he did kill?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Man also created the idea that man created religion, then ego joined in the argumentation thereof, and chaos quickly ensued.
Soon we was sitting in a mud bubble bath wondering at what the bubba wubba happening.
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree
Why has it taken 2 years to reply to the posts posted?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread will explain. I apologize for the delay!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: starswift Man also created the idea that man created religion, then ego joined in the argumentation thereof, and chaos quickly ensued. Soon we was sitting in a mud bubble bath wondering at what the bubba wubba happening. a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Are you suggesting that man did not invent religion?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

religion is a concept that is for young souls that do not know the truth, yet. They are easily manipulated by the brainwashing techniques employed by those that are seeking to control them. You may not have achieved the necessary level to get this. If you are so readily able to accept whatever religion you have been force fed then perhaps looking at things from a different perspective will open your eyes.

This could also be said about television and all media - all knowledge - it is not just religion.

PS. Thanks for explanation.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join