learn more

Man Invented Religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Damsel

If I could give you a hundred stars, I would. Just know that I applaud you. Far too many people are emotionally influenced by what they personally want out of religion, and by what they think the world is, and by what they believe life is meant for. The fact is...there is very little absolution to any of those questions.

This is why I don't like organized religion. It provides far too much temptation for everyone to tell everyone else what to do and what not to do, completely oblivious to the fact that spirituality is a personal journey that we must unravel for ourselves. The most important meanings are self-made. Just as I determine who I am and who I want to be, I determine why I am here and who I answer to and what I want to give to the world. No one else can tell me those things.

And that goes for everyone else too.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damsel
Perhaps you have had supernatural experiences, I won't doubt that, but what makes you think it's God? It is just an experience. You're the one who attached your own concepts to the experience and called it God. Just know that many have had feelings of rapture, and while you call it God, the Muslims call it Allah, the Hindus call it Krishna, but the Buddhists just call it rapture, and it is only the beginning of meditation practice in Buddhism.

But I fear you are suffering from delusions. Much of the evidence you posted is just entirely made up. Can't you see how much suffering and hatred you have for your beliefs? You feel so much of the world is against you, the Illuminati is some evil force that hates you and your God, and you've caged yourself into an unhappy existence. How can this be knowledge based on truth? Why did this supernatural experience with God only cause you to fall into a state of isolation and fear and paranoia? If anything is controlled by Satan, it must be the knowledge you claim to have.

Attacking someone's character is SO much easier and much more fun than discussing the topic.

Since you have such a hard time dealing with the FACT that religion is a manufactured lie I understand.

Living in denial is SO much simpler.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Attacking someone's character is SO much easier and much more fun than discussing the topic.

Since you have such a hard time dealing with the FACT that religion is a manufactured lie I understand.

I'm not attacking your character, I'm attacking your viewpoint, which is the topic. If you thought I was attacking your character, then I apologize. It was not my intention at all.

The problem is, it is not a fact that religion is a manufactured lie. It is an opinion. Saying it's a fact in all capital letters does not make it so. How do you know you are not the one living in denial of what is really true? What makes your experiences more valid than mine? Or anyone else's?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Give me a moment to stop rolling my eyes so I can actually see what I'm typing.

...okay, there we go. Attacking your character? I don't think anyone here would have a problem with your posts if you didn't have such an insane history of posting off-the-wall allegations that make this guy look rational:

So with all due respect, if you attack the topic and are unable to defend your attack, don't be offended when we smell blood. If you want to discuss, then discuss. If you can't defend your opinions, then find some new ones.

Coming from the guy who believes in "God" and Jesus and Satan? Take your hypocrisy somewhere else.

I'm sure you would know.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join