It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents of Boston Bomber Coming to USA to Visit Son

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Yup, really putting themselves out there for public humiliation.

backatchya. They have done tons of interviews. Including the aunt in Canada.
They put themselves in the public spotlight as soon as they did.
Anything they said or did was open for public discussion.
If you wish to believe otherwise ... go right ahead ... knock yourself out

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I disagree with the idea that only parents without criminal records should be allowed to see their kids who are up on charges.

I have no idea if they can or they can't. I'm asking the question ... can they?
The mother has had trouble with the law. Does that make a difference?
If they both had clean records .. would that make a difference?
Does a person who is going to be charged like this get visitors?? I don't know.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

According to that link(and the original link) she was arrested and charged. It made no mention of a conviction so she isn't a felon.

She was charged with felony. I'm looking to see if she was convicted or if she made a deal and that's why they left the country .. (moving back to a country that they had claimed political asylum from) .. or if the felony charges are still outstanding. If so ... that would definately put a damper on travel back and explain why they haven't gotten here yet.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You keep asking this question. Yes, felons are allowed to visit after they have been cleared by either the Watch Commander or Warden depending on the custody situation. I thought you would google and find out yourself. I have some distant experience with this.

Who Can Visit?
This page provides basic information about visiting. It does not cover every situation. For the official regulations, see Program Statement (P.S.) 5267.07, Visiting Regulations.

To visit, you must be on the inmate's approved visiting list. The inmate gives a list of proposed visitors to staff, who investigate the proposed visitors before putting anyone to the list. The list includes:

Immediate family: mother, father, step-parent(s), foster parent(s), brothers and sisters, spouse, and children. (Common-law spouses are considered immediate family if the state recognizes common-law marriages.)
Other relatives: grandparents, uncles, aunts, in-laws, and cousins.
Friends and associates: usually, an inmate's visiting list should not include more than 10 friends and associates.
When an inmate arrives at an institution, he/she receives an institution handbook that has visiting procedures, including:

prison address/phone number, directions, and information about local transportation
days and hours of visitation
approved dress code
items authorized in the visiting room
special rules for children
items visitors may bring to give to the inmate
identification requirements for visitors
special visitor requirements
An initial visiting list is ordinarily established within a few days. It includes immediate family members approved to visit. Additional family members and friends may be added following investigation.

The inmate is responsible for giving each approved visitor the visiting guidelines and directions to the prison.

Other types of approved visitors

for foreign inmates (i.e., non-U.S. citizens), officials from their home country's embassy or consulate
members of religious and civic groups
clergy, former or prospective employers, sponsors, and parole advisors, when the visit is to help with release planning and discussion of family problems
attorney visits: special rules apply for attorneys. Attorney visits are private and usually take place somewhere other than the visiting room. See P.S.1315.07, Legal Activities, Inmate.
If you have previously been convicted of a crime, staff will decide, based on what sort of crime and how recent it was, whether you will be allowed to visit. If you are on probation, parole, or supervised release, you are required to have written authorization to visit.

Children under 16 must have an adult with them when they visit. Their parent or guardian must approve their placement on the visiting list. Some institutions have programs for young children during visitation.

Pets are not allowed. Only assistance dogs that help a visitor with a disability are allowed. You must show certification that the dog is trained for that purpose.

Via Federal Bureau of Prisons

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Yes, felons are allowed to visit after they have been cleared by either the Watch Commander or Warden depending on the custody situation.

Thank you for that information.

I thought you would google and find out yourself.

I HAVE BEEN. I couldn't find anything that would speak to the situation.
This is a rather unique situation ... to say the least.

I'm reading prison chat sites (really) and looking ... some asked the question just like I have .. and the answers are different from others. Some say that a person with a felony record can not visit a person in prison for felony without the permission of the warden .. or in some cases not at all depending on the felony ... etc etc ...

The mother has been charged with a felony. (still looking to see if she was convicted or took a plea or what ... ). The son is going to be charged with multiple felonies. He won't be in prison, but he'll be under arrest and detained for multiple felonies. And I'm still not sure if the USA has to let her back in the country or not ... looking that up as well ....

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

According to that link(and the original link) she was arrested and charged. It made no mention of a conviction so she isn't a felon.

She was charged with felony. I'm looking to see if she was convicted or if she made a deal and that's why they left the country .. (moving back to a country that they had claimed political asylum from) .. or if the felony charges are still outstanding. If so ... that would definately put a damper on travel back and explain why they haven't gotten here yet.

Good point for thought! They claim to have left their country and claimed political asylum here in the US, but in a twist of fate - when this happens they happen to not live here in this country anymore. They actually now live back where they originally claimed asylum from.

If this was on another shoe, say a bombing going off in Germany near Ramstein, but just 6 months before US pulled all soldiers out of the area - CTer's would be picking that up and screaming prior knowledge.

Just a thought...

Cirque

edit on 21-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: restructure sentence

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This subject is actually a bit more complicated than just what the Federal Prisons will allow. Once it is established that as his parent she might be allowed in the prison to visit him, then one must look to the USCIS laws regarding the subject of whether she would be considered inadmissible due to her previous crimes when she was last admitted into the country.

Just last year a couple from the UK were stopped, questioned, refused entry and sent back home due to their posts on twitter prior to their intended vacation. The gentleman had posted that he was going to destroy America, which was just a flippant term commonly used among those of his peer group to describe hitting the pub, going out partying and having a good time. In another post he stated that in 3 weeks he was be in LA annoying people and "digging Marilyn Munroe up., which was referring to a "Family Guy" episode. The couple attempted to explain themselves but to no avail

source

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

ON TOPIC .... Does anyone know if the USA has to let a person who is charged (he will be) with terrorism have visitors? Does anyone know if the USA has to allow this woman back in the country since she had theft and larceny and destruction of property charges against her about 9 months ago?? Can the USA disapprove of her return to the USA?? At this point, I simply don't know if they can.

If it is a crime involving moral turpitude, which it is, then it is very likely that she would be denied re-entry. I believe it would then be up to the discretion of the border patrol officer. Although in such a high profile case I wonder if it would be moved up along a higher chain of command for the decision.

(13) Theft (when it involves the intention of permanent taking);
www.state.gov...

While this isn't my field exactly, I am a legal assistant for an immigration attorney so I have been getting a little bit familiar with some of this stuff as of late.

By the way, if you ever want to be a permanent resident or a citizen of the US stop doing stupid things like soliciting prostitution or getting DUI's etc, it will come back to haunt you and you will be fully at the mercy of your immigration officer at the time of your interview. And hunting down your criminal records is a pain in the butt!! Just saying...

help.cbp.gov...

I am a green card holder since July 2012.

edit on 21-4-2013 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2013 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Some users seem to have an almost personal issue with the parents of these boys .

Parents should be allowed to visit .

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I keep an open mind to all conspiracies. But one conspiracy about the whole msm story that I cannot believe is the 2 men in the photos look nothing like the brothers they are supposedly. I mean I zoomed in and compared facial features and hair and I just cannot see exact resemblance. I mean they look somewhat similar, but I see similar people all the time and there is a difference than an exact match.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
This subject is actually a bit more complicated than just what the Federal Prisons will allow. Once it is established that as his parent she might be allowed in the prison to visit him, then one must look to the USCIS laws regarding the subject of whether she would be considered inadmissible due to her previous crimes when she was last admitted into the country.

Just last year a couple from the UK were stopped, questioned, refused entry and sent back home due to their posts on twitter prior to their intended vacation. The gentleman had posted that he was going to destroy America, which was just a flippant term commonly used among those of his peer group to describe hitting the pub, going out partying and having a good time. In another post he stated that in 3 weeks he was be in LA annoying people and "digging Marilyn Munroe up., which was referring to a "Family Guy" episode. The couple attempted to explain themselves but to no avail

source

This strangely sounds like the old USSR burocracy in action .

I hate to say this but USA is becoming a less attractive destination to visit .

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23432

Some users seem to have an almost personal issue with the parents of these boys .

I personally have no issue with it. The laws that are already in place may have though. See my post above. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Something tells me the apple didn't fall far from that tree.

That's the right on man you said it all.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Oh ,of course poor parents lets all feel sorry for parents who raised terrorists, who so lovingly brainwashed them from a young age, to hate themselves and others.

Its unlikely he will get out so in that case let them visit with police 24/7 supervision and dont forget to check their bags!
edit on 22-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
What makes the aunt a "crack pot"? Is it because she simply said she wanted evidence to her nephews crimes? Sounds to me like a reasonable request. She may have been out of touch with them for a few years, but for some reason she still felt compelled to come forward and ask some very real questions and reasonable ones at that.

The parents however, are acting the way a lot of parents would when their children are in trouble. They would rush to defend them. Again, this is reasonable behavior. As for being able to board a plane immediately and get over here once they knew of the trouble with their children, we don't know what is going on with their personal situation. Perhaps they don't have the funds to just jump a plane immediately, or they needed security clearance. It's all speculation.

I DO think the aunt had a reasonable request for evidence. If one of my children were into trouble that would be the first thing I ask for. Where is that evidence!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
What class felony did the mother have? She stole clothing, she didn't kill someone. She *should* be allowed to enter the country to see her son. There's no need to be vengeful. This kid's life is ruined as well and the older brother is dead. We do not have all the facts to this story. We do not know exactly what happened or why this took place. We only know what the MSM says. We don't know the personal lives of these people who want to come and see their son.

WHAT happened to innocent until proven guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt?

By the way, I have a psychology degree too. It's pretty darn worthless without that Masters.

edit on 22-4-2013 by Aisling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Lol... there we go again...

Is there anything more to add to dehumanize, defame a family of (two suspected) bombers..?

Why they are still be called Russians while they have American citizenship..? Is this (bombing and their Russian suspects) has anything to do with the recent Russian action to stop American war mongers and known state criminals entering the Russian soil?

How about mild warning for Russian support for Syria and Iran then..?

Blame Muslims but with the Russian flavour this time I guess..??

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

I know this. You can get a passport as an American citizen and leave the country providing you don't have any drug convictions. Or owe back taxes in the excess of 20 grand.

Drug convictions will screw you. And so can the IRS LOL

This penny anny bs regarding some designer dress is just horse puckey and I can't see someone being denied entry to the country based upon that.

Now if she was stashing $#%@^ in the dress the US may take issue.

Unless they want to be total dicks, they should allow the parents into the country.

edit on 22-4-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11

Originally posted by 23432

I personally have no issue with it. The laws that are already in place may have though. See my post above. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for clearing it up.
I have actually have noticed some users who seem to display a rather tasteless reaction to the question of parents visit .
You weren't one of those users which I've noticed repeatedly thrashing the parents , attacking the integrity & honesty of parents etc etc on different threads .

It is rather scary to think that these users opinions of Law will have a distinct bias effect .

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
As a Citizen of the United States, she is allowed to visit, and cannot be stopped entering the USA, regardless of her criminal background. If she was not a Citizen, then she could, but as a Citizen she has the full entitlement to enter and live in the USA whenever she wants.

And the comments about Russians having difficulty traveling out of Russia... what era are you people living in? This isn't the 80's, Russians are free to travel, and in fact travel internationally a lot more than Americans!

The amount of ignorance on this forum to the world outside of the USA and law within is shocking, and a bit of a concern to be honest.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join