It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by sirhumperdink
youre paying to maintain the infrastructure which is much different than paying for the water
The water you need for survival is a human right, and must be made available to everyone, wherever they are, even if they cannot afford to pay for it.
However I do also believe that water has a value. People using the water piped into their home to irrigate their lawn, or wash their car, should bear the cost of the infrastructure needed to supply it.
Originally posted by McScrad
Vote for me. I will fix this.
100% inheratance tax
Hello my name is Patrick McKart I would like to run for political office. My platform is as follows:
• Abortion should be mandatory until age 25.
• I support socialized medicine...it works great in Canada. It'll work here as well.
• We need our guns so we can rebel in times of tyranny…Try and take them away.
• We should restructure our education system to a federal standard, rather than a state standard. I propose using traditional methods for elementary school learning, and to replace middle school, and high school, we should institute a new military based learning structure, with individual job paths, that train students of both genders, in their job path, as well as in a variety of methods, including real world training, to teach them basic survival, and cooking skills, etc.
• Marijuana should be legalized on a federal level, and taxed.
• We should end all wars for profit NOW. We should only attack nations from a defensive standpoint.
• We should strengthen our borders to prevent illegal immigration. Illegal immigration destroys our economy.
• We should invest heavily in the private technology, and space industries, as well as NASA.
• We need to rebuild America’s infrastructure, to do this we should reinstate the CCC or Civilian Conservation Corps, as an economic safety net, for the unemployed, and homeless.
• I’m sure I could find a good solution for any other issue.
I believe if we do these things, we can truly revive this nation, and surpass our highest levels of economic prosperity and social abundance. Hopefully we can inspire the world to do the same. I know this plan will work. So where are the loans? Where are the investors? Let’s make it happen.
Vote Patrick McKart for the Democratic Party 2016! Or we could impeach them all NOW. I also understand that it would be in my best interests to start at the local or state level, so really whoever wants to pick me up. I am unfamiliar with the process, I need a good mentor.
I have no money… But I could use an editor, and a mentor. This is obviously a rough draft.
I WILL NEVER GIVE UP.
Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by karmajayne
I daresay that a sizeable portion of the ATS readership are urbanites. As urbanites, if you really believe water is some sort of "human right", then put your money where your mouth is. Instead of sending a check for the water bill next month, just send a note saying "water is my right as a human." Let's see how long it takes for your "rights" to stop dripping out of the tap.
For my part, since I am NOT an urbanite, any "businessmen" who come to attempt to "manage" my "resources" will be found at the end of the drive, hanging from their neckties in the tree there. You can pick them back up from that collection point.
Don't whine about your "rights" unless you are prepared to enforce them.