It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nestlé CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized – Not A Human Right

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+77 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hi Mods wasn't sure where to put this, feel free to move. I did a search but didn't find anything.

so I found this on Facebook and it really gets my blood boiling, how can he say water is not a human right, it's a right of every living thing on this planet. We need water to live and survive it's the life of our planet.

Just another reason for big corporates to make more money off us and fill their pockets with more cash to fund their ridiculous lifestyles. Makes me sick how can a person say this?.

The videos in the link is not in English, but it has subtitles, he talks about GMO foods and the privatization of water to the general public. As if they don't pump enough crap in to our water and now this.

americanlivewire.com...

+25 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne

Next up: taxes on oxygen.

It's coming.

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
that's it...enough of the corporate elitist bs.....clowns like this deserve to be shot, hung, and baked to a crisp for
the scavengers that subscribe to this line of crap to feed off of.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

You're right, the greed of this planet has become insane it's all about money and power. While their are good people out there it just seems to get worse everyday.

+42 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

All the more reason for everyone to protest and NEVER purchase another product produced by Nestle Corporation!

As a matter of fact, they are now on my list of products that I will refuse to purchase!

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a matter of fact, I just did a google of Nestle owned water companies, and here is what I got! Go down the page, and you will see all of the water brands that Nestle sells by country along with other Nestle products!

Nestle owned products
edit on 20-4-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
another reason not to buy chocolate milk or bottles of water.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

It's coming.

yup... imagine having to pay everytime you flush your toilet?

er.... wait...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well it's an opinion that's soon to be picked up by our Governments. Having to pay for water indeed, oh hang on!!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Very true, I am not a big fan of sweets at the moment, I think I will support another company rather than choose their products. The way he talks, goes on about the jobs and people being dependent on the company so it's okay.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Well they feel they should own our genetic makeup so I can see why they would feel water is the same.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Isnt it like that in england, i think either you're not allowed to collect water or not allowed to have rainwater tanks to collect it, something along those lines, either way its not allowed because well it rains there pretty much every day doesnt it so i guess they'd never get any income from water bills would they haha.
But yeah how stupid is that see some kid outside playing in the rain with his mouth open be it probably acid rain, but see a cop pull up and arrest him because he's stealing water and not paying for it >.< we can laugh now but im sure it'll happen soon.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by smyleegrl

It's coming.

yup... imagine having to pay everytime you flush your toilet?

er.... wait...

Even worse...

"Please stand on the scale sir...... I see you are 165 ..... 165 * 70% (the assumed part of body weight that is consisting water) is...... next monthe you need to pay blabka on water taxes, please collect your pee to get a discount.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I live in a state where, it's against the law, to collect rain water! How evil is that? The only thing I can think of, is there may be an issue with water on the brain here! Is it his supposition that humans don't have the right, to survive basically? Someone get that man a drink of water!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Nestle is a sicko and shouldnt even be a CEO. He should be in the gutter with every other looney toon.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Excellent thread. S&F

You see, this is why people are so angry with the government. A rich elitist who has the money to lobby for the changes he wants made with our government/constitution is pushing to make water even more expensive.

If it gets pushed through - it's not longer Nestle's fault or this CEO - it's everyone in the governments fault! People will demand that the government be held accountable and fail to remember who's fault it is truly - and forget to hold CEO's and their money to effect change in policy accountable!

Argghhh.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Holy crap !

I had no idea at just how huge Nestle is !

The number of everyday familiar products and product names these SOB's owns is unbelievable... never mind the 70+ bottled water brands worldwide.

Good lord, no wonder they want to push the privatizing of water.

It would make Walmart look like a friggin' dollar store.

Wow...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I'm having flashbacks of "Idiocracy"... my god that movie was prophetic.....

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Anyone who's interested in the big bottled water scam, might be interested to watch this documentary called "Tapped".

Here's the trailer:

Bottled water seems to have become the fad thing these days, I'll never understand it... but for anyone who does regularly buy bottled water, perhaps this film will open your eyes.

And yet another documentary about the ugliness of water privatization called "Flow"

Here's the trailer for that one:

I think both are "must watch" documentaries.

Ugh, this topic angers me to no end.

I've made mental note of every Nestle product that I will no longer be purchasing... especially the ones I didn't even know Nestle owned.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
I'm having flashbacks of "Idiocracy"... my god that movie was prophetic.....

Yes it really was
it can be used in multiple discussions imo but prophetic indeed.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Lol, I thought this has been the case for years already, what percent of people get water from a natural source. To my understanding most people buy bottle water, or pay for municiple water. The sad part is most water now must be purified, either because of salt from the sea, waste water, or even natural sources being polluted. This will happen soon for most of the world, simply because we will have ruined almost all natural water sources, the ones left will be owned and sold.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join