It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston ISN'T a Farce at all...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

That would be conspiracy theorist or people aware of the term...most of america doesn't know the term and when Alex brought it up he sparked many news sites and blogs to bring it up which in return has caused the search term of false flag to go up.

I was more relating to the every day Joe that doesn't visit these types of sites. Now I am aware of the term but I didn't think that when I first heard.

Again, this is all my opinion.

The word conspiracy theorist has been around since the 1960's, when it was coined by the CIA who were worried about increasing UFO sightings by the public, and needed to come up with a term that had a negative connotation for those who thought outside the box and didn't buy into MSM propaganda, when Alex Jones was still a toddler.

More and more people visit these sites, from what I've seen.

At least we can agree that what we are discussing for the most part on here is opinion.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
No, speaking for myself and many others I have spoken to in person and online, many thought it was a false flag the moment they heard bombs had gone off, and came to this conclusion on their own.

My point, exactly. Instead of saying, "Let's be open-minded and look into this to discover the facts along the way, THEN come to a conclusion", they instead, say, "I conclude that it's a conspiracy! Let me find (and make up) as much meaningless "evidence" as I can to point in the direction of my conclusion"!

It's like a religious belief... I say don't believe everything you think...
You can think it may be a conspiracy, but "believing" in with religious devotion, without proof, will lead you into the realm of fantasy. Forming a conclusion and then looking for evidence to prove it is a fool's game.

I agree it may not be the most open minded, but people are getting sick of being taken for fools by the government and MSM, and intelligent, independent, out-of-the-box thinkers now are instinctively skeptical when they see big productions in the media like this - with good reason. It is not so much being open-minded, I know many people skeptical of this who are open minded people, they are just distrustful of government and the media.

edit on 21-4-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Are you a farce?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
no offance but i didn't think this site was to discuss how much you believe the real story

edit on 20-4-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

Gee, I thought this was an open forum to intelligently discuss conspiracy theory, not a just bunch of idiots who will blindly believe every conspiracy story ever told.
Apparently, I was mistaken?

Yet, in your intelligent reply as part of this intelligent discussion, you've immediately labeled a significant portion of the ATS community as "idiots" for their thoughts on the matter. Thoughts that often evolve after the initial shock wears off, emotions simmer and after one has been able to process ALL of the information.

We don't even have all of the information -- there is yet much investigative work to do, yet you have also already come to your conclusion. Perhaps the 'lot of idiots', as you have labeled, look at you just the same for your obvious premature assessment of the situation, which you have just as much information of as the rest of us.... which turns out to be much less than what you perceive it to be.

In the end, perhaps a look in the mirror is all that is needed. You are free to believe that you're better than someone else based on thought alone, but it doesn't always ring true. But then again, ATS is riddled with people of that mindset. All you have to do is read between the lines.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I know first hand the citizens didn't have a problem, at least the vast majority, to me that's all that matters not the opinions of the backwoods of America. A sacrifice to end the problem, an a half day for the people of Boston wasn't much to give for it.

"Those who would sacrifice their liberty for security deserve neither."

B. Franklin

Nor do they deserve arms nor legs.
Even though their liberty came back 18 hours later.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Why is everyone jumping to the conclusion that this was a false flag, that the government did it.....many of us simply think the government used this real event as an opportunity to test out curtaining individual rights and freedoms.

Just take Farce out of the other thread since most people appear to be fixated with that term, it isn't the basis of that thread.
edit on 21-4-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Why is everyone jumping to the conclusion that this was a false flag, that the government did it.....many of us simply think the government used this real event as an opportunity to test out curtaining individual rights and freedoms.

Just take Farce out of the other thread since most people appear to be fixated with that term, it isn't the basis of that thread.
edit on 21-4-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

That was the easiest star I've ever given.

two words:

-untrustworthy
-opportunistic

I'll leave it to the intelligent members to determine whom those describe
edit on 21-4-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by NoJoker13

So you feel ok with closing down Boston to apprehend one man?

CJ

When bombs are involved yes....

Well, apparently they aren't doing a good job (FBI) they are looking a twelve man sleeper cell and the city is back up and running. How negligent of them. We should shut down Boston, NY and Philadelphia until they are caught.

CJ

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Um, I think a few more people than Alex Jones are saying it, in fact if you look through hundreds of online blogs etc I think tens if not hundreds of thousands of people are discussing it, I believe even a CNN reporter had asked the question at one point, not that I watch that "programming".

So if enough people believe the same thing, it has to be true?
Alex Jones has quite a following (of slightly unhinged and gullible people) so we can assume that a lot of them are just repeating the same fictional BS he's spouting too.

And of those "tens if not hundreds of thousands" of people, how many have you actually read, and how many have provided any actual evidence?
I find it very difficult to believe that you know of that many people suggesting it;s a false flag. Do you have any actual numbers for those who believe this BS, or are you just guessing some high numbers?

Really, I would love to see some evidence of this conspiracy, just one bit, something that will make me question. But of everything I have seen, and everything people keep posting here and elsewhere, I can shoot it down with BASIC common sense within seconds.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra
To everyone who thinks it was OK to shut the entire area down, what do you feel about compensation? Should people who were "forced" to stay home be compensated for not being able to go to work? How do you quantify the compensation? The loss of revenue for the mass transit system, the loss of revenue for the street vendor, etc.

It's out of anyone's control.
If I'm snowed in tomorrow, I loose out on a days pay (actually I don't, because I work from home lol).
If there's an accident on the highway, who pays for the delay?

Sometimes people have to take responsibility FOR THEMSELVES. Maybe some people should just accept that some things are not fair, you know, like adults are supposed to do?

If anyone is crying about the inconvenience they need to be reminded that people died, an 8 year old kid was killed.

You can try to make it into a "big bad government" thing all you like, but sensible and responsible adults are not following you.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

No, speaking for myself and many others I have spoken to in person and online, many thought it was a false flag the moment they heard bombs had gone off

Thank you!
You've just proved the point I've been making all along!

You didn't need to know any facts, you didn't need to know anything about it at all. The moment you heard a bomb had gone off you immediately thought it was a false flag!

You've just proven to me exactly what I have been saying all along - you believe everything is a false flag, without any evidence, without even knowing the basic facts of an event. You have just admitted that you ignore facts and science and immediately jump to the conclusion that it's an inside job.

Thank you again, you've just handed me a little victory and proven that you (and you believe others also) actively deny facts in favour of your fantasy.

edit on 21-4-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13 The hundreds of photos and video showed exactly from point A to point B what took place. There is no disputing the evidence in this case.

Did you guys know there is no disputing the "evidence"?
Did you guys see the 100 photographs in chronological order which support the mainstream script?

What a joke...
edit on 21-4-2013 by Mykah because: language

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Gotta agree.

The only real big conspiracy I see happening here .. it a POTENTIAL conspiracy of a cover up because the FBI had been warned about the older bomber by Russia .. but then the FBI cleared him as 'okay' and didn't even check him out when he flew back to Russia and got terrorist training.

That has the potential of a cover up.

Otherwise .. I think it looks pretty straight forward.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Did they plant bombs, kill some, maim many others, all to stage a police exercise

Funny how they keep doing exercises at terrorist operations...

Boston Bomb Drill excercise - Boston Bombing..

9.11 - Military war games including simulated aircraft hijackings by terrorists

7.7 London Bombings - Terrorist Excercise same station same day..

Think what you will this is too much to be a coincidence....

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I agree and I don't have to listen or read other peoples ideologies I absolutely don't agree with it.

Do the scroll!Lol

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Our Founding Fathers would have been leading the charge to arrest the bombers, had it happened in their day.
No one would have screamed about rights being stolen, and or about home invasions.
They would have worked as a community to find the bombers and bring them to justice.

That is pretty much, is what happened in Boston, isn't it?

Ironically, the biggest loudmouths screaming false flag and other crap, were home safe, glued to / watching it on TV. (Or the police scanners and so on via the Internet.) And not in Boston.

M.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

"He is not going to be read the Miranda warnings," ABC News Senior Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas said Sunday. "They are going to use the Public Safety Exception, and dive in without advising him of his right to remain silent. They are taking this extraordinary step because there could be an eminent threat still out there. ... There's deep, deep concern about the amount of ammunition, guns and working bombs these men had."

This tells me that my hunch about them having local help is correct.

This thing is not over by a long shot.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I know many people skeptical of this who are open minded people, they are just distrustful of government and the media.

Skepticism is one thing. I look at everything with a skeptical eye. But that's not at all what I described. I described a person who forms a conclusion first (no skepticism there) and then looks for evidence to prove their biased conclusion. A Skeptic questions the story, examines the facts before him and reserves judgment until a conclusion or hypothesis can be made from those facts. It's an open-minded process. An open-minded skeptic is the very best kind.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Then maybe i should make a thread how 9/11 was not a false flag at all to just to be fair.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
www.mirror.co.uk...

A source close to the investigation said: “We have no doubt the brothers were not acting alone. The devices used to detonate the two bombs were highly sophisticated and not the kind of thing people learn from Google.

I know it's a British mag, hopefully there is a Brit here who can tell us if their reporting is tabloid or not.
edit on 21-4-2013 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join