It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who receives God's Grace? To law or not to law?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Saying Grace is not free is like saying someone owns the love of God. The bible says in Geneses the first thing created was the light of the world. Jesus claimed he was the light, it is also said he is the first born over all creation. Jesus was claiming that he was the love of the world. Meaning the first thing God created was love.

All things were created by love, for love, through love. Nothing was created before love. Therefore God loves all things since the light of the world is love and it is a free gift for all.

So how do I get this free gift, there must be a catch right? No and Yes. The no is God loves you period end of sentence, no religion, no discussion, if you are alive, God loves you. If he wasn’t going to love you he would not have created you.

The catch, you will never understand or feel the love of God, Grace, if you don’t do what he said. Even if some are not faithful God always remains faithful. Jesus says don’t question why it is taking so long, understand rather that God is patient so that all may come to repentance.

God loves everyone, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Pagan. Maybe he doesn’t condone the things we do because we act out of ignorance and continue to disobey love, but he loves us all. When we disobey love we disobey God. If he is angry, his anger is that we continue to chase after other Gods when love should be the only object of our desire. Everything worth pursuing can be summed up with one word Love/God. God is love people, this is what he wants us to believe and pursue. This is the type of worship pleasing to love/God.

Do you see why the first commandment is to place no other Gods before me/love. Pursuit=Worship. Whatever you pursue is your object of worship. Pursue love only, do not make any other God’s for yourself. God is jealous that you would not pursue love. God’s judgment is done in love to help his children understand love, and to encourage them to obey love. God’s judgment points you towards repentance. Because his judgment is done in love.

Sometimes the lessons are hard. God’s jealousy/emotional judgment of those who disobey love can be quite emotionally divesting at times. Adultery destroys families, War destroy lives. Maybe if we would learn to choose love we could do away with all the judgment that we bring upon ourselves for thinking there was any righteous path except the one of love.

Romans 10: 5 Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.”

Anyone who pursues righteousness apart from love, or by the law, will live by them. The one who lives by the law will break the law and thus be subject to the law. According to the law the penalty for sin is death. Trying to pursue righteousness apart from love leads to death. The law teaches us to fear God.

The new law is to love, the one who obeys love apart from worrying about law, will obey love. The law is righteous therefore anyone who obeys love will obey the law. The OT has many laws, some were simply put in place until a better promise could come to us. But most of the law has to do with how we interact with others. This is the law that Jesus is concerned with, he said the rest is just religion. So you can see if we always choose to love one another than it is impossible to break the laws that define how we are to love one another. Now the one who obeys love can be made perfect by love so that they may obey the law fully.

So truly Jesus was correct the one who follows his teaching will no longer be under the Law of Moses but rather will obey the law of Grace, which is unconditional love for one another.

edit on 18-4-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
God didn't love my partner, Mother or Grandparents.

He let them all get cancer and die.

If there is a god, he certainly doesn't love everybody.

edit on 18/4/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

Sorry for your loss, but how did God give them cancer?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by OpenEars123

Sorry for your loss, but how did God give them cancer?

The poster said he let them get cancer not gave it to them!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Apologies for the bad wording, I edited.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So I take back my comment to Adjensen if indeed it was edited. Apologies

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

My apologies too

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Apologies for the bad wording, I edited.

It is not uncommon to blame God when bad things happen, that is completely understandable.

My wife died in 2010 -- heart attack at age 46. I don't believe that God made her have a heart attack (some people at the wake implied that he did with statements like "God must have needed her".) I believe that he could have saved her, but for reasons that I don't understand, he didn't. I could certainly blame him, but choose not to, because it wouldn't change anything, apart from changing me and that's not something that I want to do.

My faith tells me that I'll be with her again, and I have hope that I'll understand why he didn't save her then.

Sorry again for your loss.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
lol,words,wording,funny thing in deed.and the bible says.in the beginning we created the word.seems like alot of confusion comes out of that very same creation. something to look into,words and language.and since sounds do afect us,makes you wonder.who is we(the ones who created it).a matrix indeed. funny how it starts with the words and ends with the swords.
edit on 18-4-2013 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

edit on 18/4/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

Whether he let them or gave them the “word” should not matter. The bible suggests that everything happens according to God’s will. To fully embrace this concept brings a level of trust to one’s life. Trust that tomorrow will bring exactly what God’s will allows. The promise, pursue love and you will find love.

Being angry with God is acceptable, since it is your opinion that he did something against love. Death is against love to us.

This is why the resurrection has so much value. The only way to believe that everything has a purpose is to believe in something greater than this. What we shouldn't do is argue over who gets there. That is arguing about who God loves the most. Isn't God great enough to love us all?

If God is love like I claim than their must be more because the loss of your family members is against love unless they truly are better off now than they were when they were with you. I know it can seem like not enough to get us through but it is really all we have. That and the love of those who remain with us.

The premise still remains if you pursue love you will find it. Even if you don't agree that God is love, surely you can agree with the logic behind the pursuit of love. And quite honestly the pursuit of love is all that really matters, everything else is religion.

edit on 18-4-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Unless when someone says "free grace" they mean that it's offered freely, I take exception. It certainly wasn't "free" to God who gave His only begotten Son. But to imply that saving grace must be earned or merited is wholly against the gospel, plus it makes no sense gramatically. Something someone earns by work or merit isn't grace, that's a wage.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

If anyone had reason to blame God for evil done to them Jesus did, but His example is perfect in that regard.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

No one lives forever. Jesus asked for another way than the cross and didn't get His prayer answered either.

God's job isn't to minimize pain and maximize pleasure.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Something someone earns by work or merit isn't grace, that's a wage.

Wouldn't that be considered a "reward"?

A wage is something that is continuously given... whereas a reward is given for something that's been done well... Perhaps such as living a good life...

like this?

Luke 6:35
But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Here is an example:

"The wages of sin is death."

Death is earned and deserved for sin.

And there is the doctrine of rewards and crowns given for certain works.

edit on 18-4-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Here is an example:

"The wages of sin is death."

Death is earned and deserved for sin.

How dare ye quote paul to me!!

Death is inevitable, and life exists beyond that...

Plus as I've said, a wage is something that is continuously given...

IF the wages of sin is "Death" like Cpt. Paul said... it must be something that is continuously done, no learning involved... Kinda sounds like Paul honestly... him being the "chief" of all sinners

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

But to imply that saving grace must be earned or merited is wholly against the gospel, plus it makes no sense gramatically.

Before getting into a debate of this and that about "saving grace", how about demonstrating that there is even such a thing as 'saving grace'?
It isn't in a normal translation of the Bible, so how do you arrive at this formula that you are presenting?
Is it a theory of yours, or is this more from the "Free Grace" cult book.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Unless when someone says "free grace" they mean that it's offered freely, I take exception. It certainly wasn't "free" to God who gave His only begotten Son. But to imply that saving grace must be earned or merited is wholly against the gospel, plus it makes no sense gramatically. Something someone earns by work or merit isn't grace, that's a wage.

I would agree. Jesus did pay the price to teach us that he was telling the truth. Thank God, for the one man who pursued God's will perfectly the Christ, the son of God.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Saving Grace,

The unconditional love from God that changes a man’s heart and directs him down the path towards his salvation. Also called being born again.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The Grace of God is God's business. All one can do is prepare the body-mind through fully turning oneself to God in love. This gift of turning is indeed Grace that is given, even from the very beginning, and if one's responsive turning is true, then the Divine will likely gift one further with real spiritual embrace and transformation - but when or how is not one's rightful concern nor one's business, only surrender is.
edit on 18-4-2013 by bb23108 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join