Due to ObamaCare, Nation's Largest Movie Theater Chain Cuts Employee Hours

page: 10
31
<< 7  8  9   >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Oh and btw, another FACT not mentioned by leftwingers to this day...



National Black Republican Association
www.NBRA.info
Newsletter Civil Rights History Edition

Paid for by the National Black Republican Association. ~ Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Republican

News in Brief

InA Covenant With Life: Reclaiming MLKs Legacy”, Dr. Alveda C. King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., states:
My grandfather, Dr. Martin Luther King, Sr., orDaddy King’, was a Republican and father of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. who was a Republican.

See the video of Dr. Alveda C. King affirming her uncle was a Republican at: www.NBRA.info

Why Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Republican
By Frances Rice
It should come as no surprise that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Republican. Why? It was the Democrats who Dr. King was fighting, and he would not have joined the Democratic Party, the party of segregation and the Ku Klux Klan. To understand why MLK was a Republican, let’s take a walk through history.
~~~
History of civil rights - In a nutshell
The Republican Party - From its founding in 1854 as the anti-slavery party until today, the Republican Party has championed freedom and civil rights for blacks.
The Democratic Party – As author Michael Scheuer stated, the Democratic Party is the party of the four Ss: slavery, secession, segregation and now socialism.
...


images.nbra.info...

As for whether the Republican party of today represents the old values of Republicanism? Unfortunately a majority of them do not represent real Republicanism, the leftwingers/progressive Democrats made sure of that by corrupting the political system through the leftwinger/international socialist/fascist bankers who were given power over the economy of the Republic of the United States. It was these international bankers known as the Feds, or Federal Reserve, and through their "progressive taxes" implemented by the IRS which both were funded by "progressive democrats"...




posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Despite what many leftwingers claim, social programs doesn't equal socialism...
Gee...you mean that's not what the right keeps saying? I guess I'm terribly wrong after all!



posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
...

History can certainly be your friend...as long as you're clear on the difference between it and jingoistic propaganda.
edit on 19-4-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because, eh?


Oh, and now you use also propaganda from the socialists/communists of the "Occupy movement"?...


The Confederacy was started by DEMOCRATS... I have already shown this fact and you post the lies and propaganda from the socialists/communists of the Occupy movement?...


...
American Civil War and post-Reconstruction

After the election of Abraham Lincoln, Southern Democrats led the charge to secede from the Union and form the Confederate States of America.
...

en.wikipedia.org...

You really FAIL at trying to spread lies and false propaganda from socialists/communists...



The same group that even uses the socialist logo of the closed fist in black, or in red?...


Let's see some photos of the OWS movement.





Scroll to the right the following photo.








www.lewrockwell.com...


news.anon210.com...


Shame, in the above you can't see the pretty RED words...
occupywallst.org...

Everywhere I look your movement has very similar logos to socialist/communist logos... I wonder why...

Perhaps they have something to do with logos like the following?...

Malaysian socialists clenched-fist logo approved

links.org.au...

Socialist Fist Logos










Soviet Fist

www.neofactionapparel.com...

But there are people claiming that the Occupy movement is not leftwing/socialist and even communist despite the evidence that shows it is...


Here is an interesting video which shows that even the Working Families Party, a left-progressive party, is one of the organizers of the OWS movement. BTW, the WFP was in fact organized by a coalition of unions, and ACORN, alongside other community organizations.



And more videos showing what the main people of the Occupy movement really want...









edit on 19-4-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments and evidence.



posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse
 
You forgot one....




posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
...

Ohhh...health care will put Corporate America out of business!!! Sounds like a serious case of rectal/cranial inversion to me. Why do so many Americans rush forward to defend those who are screwing them the worst?


Because unlike you many of us see much of what the "Obamacare" pushes for is against our morals and values. A government society that FORCES "morals" nomatter how "good' it sounds is not a moral society, it is a dictatorship.


I don't get it. Should we abolish prosecution for capital crimes, lest we succumb to "dictatorship"? After all, prosecuting for murder is "forcing" morals upon the society. Same goes for child molestation. So let's be free and have one giant free for all, that's what you are saying. Duh.

Obamacare is not a good legislation. But the idea that the society MUST have a reasonable way to deliver healthcare to its citizens is a pretty normal and natural idea. After all, we have police, sewage etc. That's part of normal civilized life. Same goes for medical care.



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I don't get it. Should we abolish prosecution for capital crimes, lest we succumb to "dictatorship"? After all, prosecuting for murder is "forcing" morals upon the society. Same goes for child molestation. So let's be free and have one giant free for all, that's what you are saying. Duh.


There is a big difference between prosecution for capital crimes, such as murdering an innocent person by some perverted animal, and another thing to force people to do things like pay for what millions see as the murder of innocent human babies/fetus, or claiming that it is a right to force people to pay for the contraception of other women...

When a criminal murders someone, or rapes them they are in fact voiding their rights. It is an entirely different thing to force the morals of some, such as claiming that it is a right to force people to pay for contraception of others, or for the abortions of those women who want to do this...

Should we also maybe enforce Sharia law in the U.S.A. because it is enforced in many Islamic nations and which allow crimes against women, including murders of women if their husband think she was looking at another man?...



Originally posted by buddhasystem
Obamacare is not a good legislation. But the idea that the society MUST have a reasonable way to deliver healthcare to its citizens is a pretty normal and natural idea. After all, we have police, sewage etc. That's part of normal civilized life. Same goes for medical care.


And what's so wrong about "affordable healthcare"?... You know, as in making healthcare affordable, and those people who can, and want can give DONATIONS of their free will, Americans have been doing this for decades...



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I don't get it. Should we abolish prosecution for capital crimes, lest we succumb to "dictatorship"? After all, prosecuting for murder is "forcing" morals upon the society. Same goes for child molestation. So let's be free and have one giant free for all, that's what you are saying. Duh.


There is a big difference between prosecution for capital crimes, such as murdering an innocent person by some perverted animal, and another thing to force people to do things like pay for what millions see as the murder of innocent human babies/fetus


You really felt compelled to bring the loaded issue of abortion rights into this thread, and the reason you did this because you don't have an argument, hence you had to resort to demagoguery.


When a criminal murders someone, or rapes them they are in fact voiding their rights.


Dude, this really takes the cake... Outside of the rock you've been living under, humans have certain rights even when convicted by court of law. Here, you just learned something. Free of charge.


It is an entirely different thing to force the morals of some, such as claiming that it is a right to force people to pay for contraception of others


By now it seems that you have a major hangup with contraception. I feel for you.


Should we also maybe enforce Sharia law in the U.S.A.


Jesus H Christ, even more demagoguery!


Maybe you need to try "cannibalism".
edit on 20-4-2013 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse


Of course you are... You go ahead and keep living in Canada, we don't need people like you living here and thinking everyone must be like you...

Another Canadian who is "bloody proud" of the red coats and King George... which were keeping the colonists in the New World as slaves through taxes... Who would have thought it?...




Actually Im not American Im British. And I will happily live anywere but the USA. On places to live the USA is down there with Russia, China and Iraq as places to live. I have even had a compnay offer me a green card to work in the USA and I turned it down as the thought of being there more than 2 weeks sends shivers down my spine!

As for 200 hundred year ago you know the taxes were to pay for the French and Indian War a decade before where the UK had to step in a save your asses from being invaded by the French and there Native American allies.


O and King george III didnt cause the war it was the UK democraticaly elected parliment!


As for Obama Care can someone explain to me a ignorant brit what it is ? Does everyone get it or just those in work? And is it the employer that pays for it? And if so what amount? Cause it seems poorly thought out.
edit on 20-4-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

You really felt compelled to bring the loaded issue of abortion rights into this thread, and the reason you did this because you don't have an argument, hence you had to resort to demagoguery.


No, Obamacare includes forcing Americans to pay for abortion among many other issues which are completely unConstitutional. You can't separate that UnConstitutional issue with the other UnConstitutional issues that Obamacare has, and the problems it is bringing...



Originally posted by buddhasystem
Dude, this really takes the cake... Outside of the rock you've been living under, humans have certain rights even when convicted by court of law. Here, you just learned something. Free of charge.


Really? so criminals don't have to give up their freedom for the crimes they committed?... Perhaps now you learned something free of charge yourself...



Originally posted by buddhasystem
By now it seems that you have a major hangup with contraception. I feel for you.


LOL, nice try, you should learn to properly comprehend what people write, and not make up whatever suits you...

If a woman wants to use contraception that's fine. My girlfriends have used it and I wasn't against it. What I am against is making total strangers pay for the contraception of other women just like paying for their abortions...

It isn't a right to FORCE people to pay for something you want...


Originally posted by buddhasystem
Jesus H Christ, even more demagoguery!


You were the one asking if we should abolish criminal laws and somehow tried to equate abolishing Obamacare with abolishing criminal prosecution... I played devil's advocate by asking if maybe we should make Sharia Law the law of the land because apparently you don't think there can be bad, and UnConstitutional laws...


Originally posted by buddhasystem
Maybe you need to try "cannibalism".


Now, what in the world does this asinine argument have anything to do with the topic?...



posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Actually Im not American Im British.


First of all, I wrote Canadian, not American...



Originally posted by crazyewok
And I will happily live anywere but the USA. On places to live the USA is down there with Russia, China and Iraq as places to live. I have even had a compnay offer me a green card to work in the USA and I turned it down as the thought of being there more than 2 weeks sends shivers down my spine!


Who the hell cares?... I've lived and have been offered jobs outside the United States, and for a while, many years ago, thought about moving with my other family in Europe, but after the "changes" I have seen happening in Europe, and including in Spain you wouldn't catch me even dead there...

Not to mention that people have a right to choose where they live...

I have a friend who I grew up with in Spain, she was born in Madrid, and who came to the United States, and now is a legal resident because she didn't like how things are in Spain. Her sister was a childhood girlfriend I had, and she has also been thinking of moving to the States...

I have family who decided to stay to live in Spain, while others decided to live elsewhere... It is the right of every person to choose where they want to live, and it is stupid for anyone to use that as an excuse to make the claims you are making...


Originally posted by crazyewok
As for 200 hundred year ago you know the taxes were to pay for the French and Indian War a decade before where the UK had to step in a save your asses from being invaded by the French and there Native American allies.


And Americans have saved your British arses in World War I and World War II because you couldn't defend yourselves... Even before the United States joined the wars it had been sending money and supplies to the British and other Allied powers to help with the war... Not to mention that the United States never asked for a red cent in payment for this help to your people... The same thing happened when the United States helped to rebuild Europe, and other nations and NEVER demanded that money or help be given back, yet when the United States has needed help from Europe and other countries?... The greedy side of Europe and other countries has come forth and you all want every penny paid with interests...


I think it is time the United States demands for every nation we helped to pay back all previous debts with interest accrued...



Originally posted by crazyewok
O and King george III didnt cause the war it was the UK democraticaly elected parliment!


Yeah, elected by the rich and the bank of England you mean right?...


The American colonists were being taxed without representation... There were no representatives in the British parliament that would speak up for the American colonists, that's what started the conflict, and then the long list of taxes which made it unjust more so with no representation...


Originally posted by crazyewok
As for Obama Care can someone explain to me a ignorant brit what it is ? Does everyone get it or just those in work? And is it the employer that pays for it? And if so what amount? Cause it seems poorly thought out.


Everyone is "supposed" to get it, those people that work "supposedly" can choose different plans which depending on how big your company is have to be provided by either the company, or the person has to find the insurance plan himself/herself if the company is small. Either way the employee is the one paying for the insurance. If a company has 50 or more full time employees it must follow the mandates within the Obamacare which incurs unnecessary costs which many companies are trying to avoid because it will eventually bankrupt them.


...
The Obamacare employer mandate requires all employers of 50 or more full time workers to purchase the expensive insurance for those employees that Kathleen Sebelius (“The Secretary shall determine”) specifies that they must buy. But that mandate is enforced by a penalty of $2,000 per worker, which may be only 10% of the average cost of family coverage under the Sebelius requirements.
...

www.forbes.com...

Obamacare calls for certain things to be paid as well, for example, private companies must charge insurers a fee to pay for abortion, and contraception, even if you disagree with it. Only a few people with money have started to fight this.


Obama campaigned in 2008 on a promise that Obamacare would reduce the cost of health insurance by $2,500 for average families. But since Obamacare passed, the cost of an average family policy has already increased by $3,000. That reflects the philosophical problem that so many “progressives” have with math, which they are certain is a fascist conspiracy against working people. (Why must 2 +2 always equal 4? That is just fascist authoritarianism. Why can’t we be flexible so it can sometimes equal 3, or 5?)
...

www.forbes.com...

This means higher premiums for both the employee, and the employer, which is why so many companies are laying off people, and lowering their hours to not incur debts that will cause a deficit and eventually bankruptcy.



edit on 21-4-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

And Americans have saved your British arses in World War I and World War II

And you just pissed on the graves of every UK soldier that fought for freedom! No you did not save anyone in world war I ! Europe was in a stalemate with Germnay on the verge of breaking the US just sped things up.
World war II last time I check the UK didnt surender like france and held off the might (albit with some supply help) of the German Army until they went off and started on Russia. Hundreds of thousands of British men died along side your American soliders DONT EVER say to a brit you won world war 2 like you did it single handly while britain took a back seat ever! And without Russia neither the UK or USA would have stood a chance anyway! Read a REAL history book rather some American patriotic BS book.


Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Yeah, elected by the rich and the bank of England you mean right?...

Well nothing ever changes even in the USA.


As for Obama care it does see very poorly thought out and abit crap. There are certnaily better ways you could of implemneted fairer healthcare. And to be honnest it should be a state run thing anyway as from what I have seen from the USA some states would be better suited to "free" healthcare than others.
edit on 22-4-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

And you just pissed on the graves of every UK soldier that fought for freedom! No you did not save anyone in world war I ! Europe was in a stalemate with Germnay on the verge of breaking the US just sped things up.


Now playing victim?... You pissed on the graves of every American colonist and American who gave his and/or her life for freedom...

YOU were the one to start claiming the British saved us, when all you did was try to control us and tax the American colonies without representation, and with unfair taxes...

BTW, I didn't write that the U.S. singlehandedly won WWI and WWII, but without our help the wars would have gone the other way and most of Europe would be right now under the German flag, and singing National Socialist hymns...

Yes, there were times when some nations helped the U.S., and there have been times when the U.S. has helped Europe and other countries such as China and Russia, but it is also true that as a general rule Europeans, and other nationals blame everything that happens in the world to the U.S. and when we have had needed help NONE OF YOU gave it FREELY, yet the United States has given help to Europe and other nations FREELY and without asking for any money back.


Originally posted by crazyewok
....
As for Obama care it does see very poorly thought out and abit crap. There are certnaily better ways you could of implemneted fairer healthcare. And to be honnest it should be a state run thing anyway as from what I have seen from the USA some states would be better suited to "free" healthcare than others.
edit on 22-4-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)


We have "free healthcare ran by the government"... It is called Veterans Health Administration, and if you had ever served in the military as I have in the U.S., and had to go to a Veteran hospital, you would know that those are the worse hospitals you could ever find yourself in.

Hospitals in military bases are much better, but Veteran hospitals?...

Anyways, if "socialized healthcare" was so good, we shouldn't be seeing people from all over the world coming to hospitals in the U.S. because certain treatments and cures are not covered by "socialized healthcare"...



posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Now playing victim?... You pissed on the graves of every American colonist and American who gave his and/or her life for freedom...

Not really I never said they were cowardly or didnt do anything of merit. It is just im British and will back my British ancestors not American.

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
YOU were the one to start claiming the British saved us, when all you did was try to control us and tax the American colonies without representation, and with unfair taxes...

To be honest I will agree it was abit unfair and we should have just given you a MP in parliament for each of the 13 colonies. But apart from unfair taxes the British Empire was quite Liberal for the time. If it had been France or Spain in charge then you would have seen tyranny.


Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
BTW, I didn't write that the U.S. singlehandedly won WWI and WWII, but without our help the wars would have gone the other way and most of Europe would be right now under the German flag, and singing National Socialist hymns...

World war I no it could of gone both ways. That's what a stalemate means. All the USA did was guaranteed Victory by tipping the balance. Though the allies may have won anyway (Germany Industry was failing). USA just meant the war ended in 1918 not 1920.


As for world war 2 its complicated. The UK managed to beat off Germany attempts of invasion to the point they gave up and started on Russia. This was before the USA declared war. BUT there was no way the UK could have liberated Europe on its own. By the time Britain and USA landed on D-Day Russia already had Germany on the retreat so both the UK and the USA have averted nothing. To be honest it easier to but it all down to a equal team effort. That what most sensible people do anyway. As for the money the US lent the UK we did have to pay it back it wasn't free. We have made payments to the US right up to the end of the 2006 (news.bbc.co.uk...).

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Europeans, and other nationals blame everything that happens in the world to the U.S. and when we have had needed help NONE OF YOU gave it FREELY, yet the United States has given help to Europe and other nations FREELY and without asking for any money back.


Again stop lumping the UK with the rest of Europe! Apart from Vietnam Britain has been right next to the USA in every major war since world war I and it has provided 1/10 to 1/4 of the manpower and equipment. So again stop pissing on UK lives that have been given right next to your own.





Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

We have "free healthcare ran by the government"... It is called Veterans Health Administration, and if you had ever served in the military as I have in the U.S., and had to go to a Veteran hospital, you would know that those are the worse hospitals you could ever find yourself in.

Hospitals in military bases are much better, but Veteran hospitals?...


That's pretty sad really and does a dishonour to the veterans.



Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Anyway, if "socialised healthcare" was so good, we shouldn't be seeing people from all over the world coming to hospitals in the U.S. because certain treatments and cures are not covered by "socialised healthcare"...


Why do people come to the UK for treatment?.

It more to do with the USA and China having a bigger pool or doctors and access to research. Some surgeons and doctors are better than others. With the USA and China you have more chance of a doctor being able to do the procedure you need. Still the Uk has one or two world renown experts. Same with cutting each research, you have more universitys than say Iceland and so they will be allot more new stuff in the USA.

At the end of the day provision needs to be made for the poor and vunerable in society to receive decent healthcare be that through nationalised Hospitals or simple government grants. And to be honest that descion should be left to your state level.


edit on 22-4-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Not really I never said they were cowardly or didnt do anything of merit. It is just im British and will back my British ancestors not American.


I am an American citizen, and I backed everything the founding fathers and the colonists did to fight back. what did you think I was going to respond to your attempts at ridiculing the colonists fighting back and even having needed some help at first from England?



Originally posted by crazyewok
World war I no it could of gone both ways. That's what a stalemate means. All the USA did was guaranteed Victory by tipping the balance. Though the allies may have won anyway (Germany Industry was failing). USA just meant the war ended in 1918 not 1920.


But the U.S. helped countries like the UK with money and equipment way before we joined the fight. Without the aid from the U.S. European countries would have run out of money and the equipment necessary to fight the war.


Originally posted by crazyewok
...
As for the money the US lent the UK we did have to pay it back it wasn't free. We have made payments to the US right up to the end of the 2006 (news.bbc.co.uk...).


I am talking about the Marshall Plan. It wasn't a loan, it was aid to rebuild Europe and Japan. That aid, which included equipment, provisions, training, materials, personnel to help with the rebuilding, etc never has to be given back to the U.S.




Did any European country ever paid back the US for the Marshall Plan?
3 years ago


Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

The Marshall Plan provided Marshall Aid, which was just that - aid, not a loan or,indeed, any actual transfer of money at all; that's not how Marshall Aid worked.

Each country told USA exactly what it needed - commodities such as raw materials, food, fuel,finished manufactures such as tractors, technical expertise and assistance from American personnel.These were then supplied direct by the USA to each country as required.There was no transfer of cash from the US government to any European (or other) government under the Marshall Plan.

As the purpose of the Marshall Plan was aid to rebuild a Europe shattered by WW2, there was no request or intention of anyone having to repay anything to USA under the Marshall Plan.Further, as part of its purpose was to keep Americans in jobs after WW2 ended,as they were producing things for Europe, it kept the US economy booming at the time, so Europe automatically paid any debt to USA for Marshall Aid this way.

answers.yahoo.com...



Originally posted by crazyewok
Again stop lumping the UK with the rest of Europe! Apart from Vietnam Britain has been right next to the USA in every major war since world war I and it has provided 1/10 to 1/4 of the manpower and equipment. So again stop pissing on UK lives that have been given right next to your own.


I said Europe and other nationals, as in people in other countries. BTW, I wasn't pissing on anyone's lives.



Originally posted by crazyewok
That's pretty sad really and does a dishonour to the veterans.


Yes it is, and it has gotten a lot worse now. There have been many cases of veterans who had needed medical attention in Vet hospitals and they are being charged by the hospitals. I could link to stories by vets of what has happened to them when they needed medical attention from Vet hospitals, but many of these links are blogs of military personnel chatting with each other about their problems with the Veterans Health Administration.

Obama even said that Vets should be paying their medical bills through private companies to help pay for the costs of their operations and treatments...


By Sean Lengell

The Washington Times

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

President Obamas plan to generate extra budget money by forcing veterans to pay for some medical treatments through their private insurance is generating a firestorm among Republicans, Democrats and veterans, who argue that its unconscionable to pass along the costs of war to those injured serving their country.

The administration for weeks has circulated on Capitol Hill a plan to generate hundreds of millions of dollars in savings by tapping veterans’ private insurance for service-related injuries and ailments that for decades the government has been obligated to pay. On Monday, the president and his aides discussed the plan with veterans groups, who said the president told them it would generate $540 million.
...

www.washingtontimes.com...

Thankfully it was dropped, but that was the plan Obama had for vets...



Originally posted by crazyewok
...
At the end of the day provision needs to be made for the poor and vunerable in society to receive decent healthcare be that through nationalised Hospitals or simple government grants. And to be honest that descion should be left to your state level.


Americans have for decades given billions of dollars for charity work. Instead of introducing socialized healthcare which would incur more taxes and will eventually bankrupt our country, we could be having "affordable healthcare", and a charity where those Americans who can give what they can and want to this charity which would pay for the bills of those that really can't afford healthcare.

As it is under Obamacare there will be more Americans than before without health insurance, more so when a majority of companies are firing people and cutting hours to be able to afford Obamacare. Not only that but because of this the economy will only get worse.

Everything this administration is doing is showing signs that they want to break the economy of the U.S. they want an economic crash probably to implement their plans for a global government, and a new economy more controlled by the elites.

edit on 23-4-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse


I am an American citizen, and I backed everything the founding fathers and the colonists did to fight back. what did you think I was going to respond to your attempts at ridiculing the colonists fighting back and even having needed some help at first from England?
I never ridiculed them. Standing up to the super power at the time was a brave thing. All IM said was my ancestors would have been fighting on the other side and IM proud of bravery.




Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
But the U.S. helped countries like the UK with money and equipment way before we joined the fight. Without the aid from the U.S. European countries would have run out of money and the equipment necessary to fight the war.

I not denying the USA helped. Im just saying it was a big team effort with USA, Russia and UK all playing equal parts.




Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
I am talking about the Marshall Plan. It wasn't a loan, it was aid to rebuild Europe and Japan. That aid, which included equipment, provisions, training, materials, personnel to help with the rebuilding, etc never has to be given back to the U.S.

Yes but Marshall plan was a investment. In return you got a Europe not controlled solely by the soviets. It was a defence move that worked. You got the Royal Navy and Airforce and for what its worth the French armed forces to support your defence against the soviet Union. with out the Marshall plan all those military assets could of ended up in soviet hands.





Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

I said Europe and other nationals, as in people in other countries. BTW, I wasn't pissing on anyone's lives. .

Well yes you are you are lumping all of Europe into the same category. You said we don't do enough to help the USA. Well that is blatantly ignoring all the help the UK has given you! Yes half of Europe haven't done enough but stop lumping the UK into that category! This what annoys me with Americans you don't seem to know anything about the rest of the world or how it works.

[

As for charities the problem with that is that the funding is unreliable. In my opinion some money should be taken from the very top (not the middle classes) to help.

Capitalism good and so is socialism. To me the best countries are those who mix the two like Norway, Denmark ect. To me the worst country are those who rely on just capitalism and socialism like North Korea and the USA.
edit on 23-4-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   





new topics

top topics



 
31
<< 7  8  9   >>

log in

join