It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Due to ObamaCare, Nation's Largest Movie Theater Chain Cuts Employee Hours

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again, don't like the product don't buy it then, don't like the place don't work there then. My boss is a complete prick he treats all of his employees like trash and pays us crap. I worked my butt off for him for 2 years to get some experience on my resume, now I'm looking for a new job because i hate it there. My last day i will shake his hand and wish him all the luck, because he has every right to be the way he is, and I have every right to leave whenever I want.

That's what people don't understand, Obama care supporters will be all up in arms over this, but I guarantee within a week when that next big movie comes out they will be walking into one of these movie theaters. Because "its the only theater in town, and I cant wait for it to come out on DVD". If you guys are all really upset about this then go get your cellphone call up all of your friends and say "hey were not going to that movie theater any more etc.." and close this place down for good. But I guarantee you guys can't do it.

You guys badmouth capitalism and say people abuse it, but your the reason why it can be abused . How many of you own a Iphone, pare of high end shoes, or high end cloths. You bad mouth slave labor, and american jobs leaving the US because of corporate greed in one breath then in the next ask for the latest iphone for your birthday in the next. who are you how are you any better look around your house at your material possessions how many of them came from a Chinese factory, and how many came from a hard working Americans hands.

I'm tired of internet protesters, stop typing about what should be done and start doing it !!!

end rant.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

They can always get another job you know. Who works at these theaters anyway? Kids thats who. Do they have such pressing financial needs? Nikes not Keds ? The latest cellphone that Mom and Dad probably pays for ?
Who cares. Obama didnt make them cut back the hours, that was their own choice. The kids should go on strike. No one to collect or sell the tickets and the theater will be playing a different tune.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

They can always get another job you know. Who works at these theaters anyway? Kids thats who. Do they have such pressing financial needs? Nikes not Keds ? The latest cellphone that Mom and Dad probably pays for ?

That is a pretty good point.
Even the managers are teenagers, early twenties max.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Back in the day before there was a minimum wage requirement by our government business owners paid what they wanted to pay and the poor schmuck who worked for him had to accept that or find work elsewhere. There was a time when employees were paid in company money that was only good at a company store and it was perfectly legal . We cant leave it up to every business owner as they are not all going to do the right thing. Many will but not all will. Just the way people are. Some are moral and others dont give a crap as long as they get theirs.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Nice to see how corporate greed always gets a free pass from some folks.

Corporate Greed???

Profit margins are already paper thin for movie theaters.

If a company loses money, then it goes out of business.

Everybody gets fired and a For Lease sign goes on the front door.

Yup...and this administration knows nothing of business. When they want to spend more on crap, they just take it from us. It IS time they are fired...the second we get the chance.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
Yup...and this administration knows nothing of business. When they want to spend more on crap, they just take it from us. It IS time they are fired...the second we get the chance.
Hmmm...seems to me you had the chance and a majority of voters did not concur.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Ohhh...health care will put Corporate America out of business!!! Sounds like a serious case of rectal/cranial inversion to me. Why do so many Americans rush forward to defend those who are screwing them the worst?

Because unlike you many of us see much of what the "Obamacare" pushes for is against our morals and values. A government society that FORCES "morals" nomatter how "good' it sounds is not a moral society, it is a dictatorship.

You might think otherwise and claim "you are compassionate and everyone who disagrees with you is not", but the fact is your healthcare screws as many, if not more Canadians as the old U.S. healthcare system did... But some "high and almighty people" seem to think that "everyone, including Americans" must do and live how they live because "they are so perfect"...

edit on 19-4-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Oh and btw, even HOSPITALS are cutting employees hours, and even letting many people go because of Obamacare, but of course, it is not the fault of Obamacare, it is the fault of "all those evil capitalists who are greedy and want to run a profit and not a deficit"...

BTW, there is a big difference between the "too big to fail" that were bailed out by OBAMA himself, and the many businesses which have had to cut hours, and even let go employees because they would be running a deficit thanks to Obamacare...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Hmmm...seems to me you had the chance and a majority of voters did not concur.

Except that the Republic of the Unites States is NOT a democracy where the minority can FORCE their morals, and views on the so called "minorities", and not even on an individual basis... This is a Constitutional Representative Republic in which EVERY INDIVIDUAL has rights... BTW, FORCING people to do what you want no matter how much you claim is "for the good of all" is not a right... It is the excuse of tyrants...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
This is a Constitutional Representative Republic in which EVERY INDIVIDUAL has rights... BTW, FORCING people to do what you want no matter how much you claim is "for the good of all" is not a right... It is the excuse of tyrants...
Well, it's all about values, and up here among our rights is the right to health care. You wanna settle for less, hey...fill yer boots.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Well, it's all about values, and up here among our rights is the right to health care. You wanna settle for less, hey...fill yer boots.

You mean YOUR values being FORCED on others no?...

Under Obamacare for example, private companies are being forced by the leftwing government of Obama to charge people for abortions, and whether you agree with it or not, there are millions of Americans, and other people who do see abortion as the MURDER of innocent people, yet they are being FORCED to pay for it...

Not to mention the fact that "leftwing doctors" are even starting to claim that it is ok, and part of a "liberal society" to allow parents to murder their new born babies even when they have no health issues whatsoever...

According to these "liberal" scientists "newborn babies lack intrinsic value and are not persons" and the parents should be allowed to murder them...

That's where this "liberal" sort of thinking is leading us...

Late last month, two bioethicists—Dr. Alberto Giubilini and Francesca Minerva—published an outrageous “paper” in the Journal of Medical Ethics justifying the deliberate, premeditated murder of newborn babies during the first days and weeks after birth.

Giubilini and Minerva wrote “when circumstances occur after birth that would have justified abortion, what we call after-birth abortion should be permissible.”

If a newly born child poses an economic burden on a family, or is disabled, or is unwanted, that child can be murdered in cold blood because the baby lacks intrinsic value, and according to Giubilini and Minerva, is not a person.

Giubilini and Minerva wrote, “actual people’s well-being could be threatened by a newborn even if healthy child requiring energy, money and care which the family might happen to be in short supply of.”

www.lifenews.com...

Many people have been conditioned to slowly devalue not only human lives, but the INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS every person has "for the good of the collective"...

YOU have no right to FORCE me to pay for something you think is "for the good of all"... That is the sort of "values" that tyrants have, not real moral people.

People can, have been, and are compassionate without being FORCED to do the will of a few...

Even IF it was true that there is a majority of people who would accept Obamacare, even if ONE person doesn't want to be FORCED to pay for what he/she sees is the murder of innocent human lives, neither YOU nor the MAJORITY have a right to FORCE your "high and almighty tyrannical values"...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Sorry...up here it's not a left wing conspiracy to take care of our own. We call it patriotism, and this whole thread is crazy talk to the rest of the civilised world. Save your diatribes for the next election...not the last one.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Sorry...up here it's not a left wing conspiracy to take care of our own. We call it patriotism, and this whole thread is crazy talk to the rest of the civilised world. Save your diatribes for the next election...not the last one.

Wow, you are so almighty, and so "civilized"... Yes master, let me follow every step you take please, let me be a robot like you are...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Wow, you are so almighty, and so "civilized"... Yes master, let me follow every step you take please, let me be a robot like you are...
Did I leave the US out of the 'civilised world'? No.
That's a straw man, and you should know better.
edit on 19-4-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

edit on 19-4-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

No, people like you are the ones using a strawman, claiming "but it is for the good of all"...

Dictatorships have been formed by forcing what a few saw as "the good of all" on others... There are many people, such as yourself, that haven't learnt anything from the history of dictatorships, and because of people like you new dictatorships will be formed "for the good of the collective"...

Look, you can believe whatever in the world pleases you to believe, but neither you, nor your precious "majority" have a right to force ANY of what YOU call moral values "for the good of the collective" on ANYONE...

Oh, and when you can't FORCE, at least not entirely...yet, you try to COHERCE people by claiming "but it is the civilized way, if you don't believe like me you are not civilized..."...

And let's not forget... people like you also LOVE to claim you know "what the rest of the world wants"... You see a few groups of other people in other countries who think like you demonstrating and you believe "most everyone agree with me and think like me"...

Get off that high horse already...YOU don't speak for the people of the world... Each person has a voice, an opinion, and it doesn't have to agree with yours...

For crying out loud, I can picture you in a past life as a red coat working for King George and believing all the BS they were saying about Americans for wanting their freedom, calling them uncivilized and barbarians for not wanting to be like the British...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

For crying out loud, I can picture you in a past life as a red coat working for King George and believing all the BS they were saying about Americans for wanting their freedom, calling them uncivilized and barbarians for not wanting to be like the British...
Yah...no straw man argument, here.

But since you bring up the subject, as to the tyranny of imposing one's will upon others...

In 2000 historian Robert Calhoon said the consensus of historians is that in the Thirteen Colonies between 40 and 45 percent of the white population supported the Patriots' cause, between 15 and 20% supported the Loyalists, and the remainder were neutral or kept a low profile. Link

If you don't mind, I'm gonna pass on refighting the American Revolution this time out. As this is an international forum, though, I am quite entitled to remark that the topic of this thread is peculiar to America.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

My ancester were and im bloody proud of them! Shame they gave up and went home after the french saved your asses because slavery would have ended 30 years earlier.

Canada had the right idea.....hence why I have a visa to leave there than the USA lol

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

My ancester were and im bloody proud of them! Shame they gave up and went home after the french saved your asses because slavery would have ended 30 years earlier.

Canada had the right idea.....hence why I have a visa to leave there than the USA lol

Of course you are... You go ahead and keep living in Canada, we don't need people like you living here and thinking everyone must be like you...

Another Canadian who is "bloody proud" of the red coats and King George... which were keeping the colonists in the New World as slaves through taxes... Who would have thought it?...

BTW, it was LEFTWINGERS/DEMOCRATS who kept slaves and wanted to keep slaves... Republicans were the ones to end slavery, and before the civil war there were already REPUBLICAN cities like New York, yes it USED to be REPUBLICAN, where slavery was banned...

A Short History of Democrats, Republicans, and Racism

The following are a few basic historical facts that every American should know.

Fact: The Republican Party was founded primarily to oppose slavery, and Republicans eventually abolished slavery. The Democratic Party fought them and tried to maintain and expand slavery.

Why is this indisputable fact so rarely mentioned? PBS documentaries about slavery and the Civil War barely mention it, for example. One can certainly argue that the parties have changed dramatically in 150 years, but that does not change the historical fact that it was the Democrats who supported slavery and the Republicans who opposed it. And that indisputable fact should not be airbrushed out for fear that it will tarnish the modern Democratic Party.

Had the positions of the parties been the opposite, and the Democrats had fought the Republicans to end slavery, the historical party roles would no doubt be repeated incessantly in these documentaries. Funny how that works.

Fact: During the Civil War era, the "Radical Republicans" were given that name because they wanted to not only end slavery but also to endow the freed slaves with full citizenship, equality, and rights.

Yes, that was indeed a radical idea at the time!

Fact: Lincoln's Vice President, Andrew Johnson, was a strongly pro-Union (but also pro-slavery) Democrat who had been chosen as a compromise running mate to attract Democrats. After Lincoln was assassinated, Johnson thwarted Republican efforts in Congress to recognize the civil rights of the freed slaves, and Southern Democrats continued to thwart any such efforts for nearly a century.

Fact: The Ku Klux Klan was originally and primarily an arm of the Southern Democratic Party, and its mission was to terrorize freed slaves and Republicans who sympathized with them.

Why is this fact conveniently omitted in so many popular histories and depictions of the KKK, including PBS documentaries? Had the KKK been founded by Republicans, that fact would no doubt be repeated constantly on those shows.

Fact: In the 1950s, President Eisenhower, a Republican, integrated the US military and promoted civil rights for minorities. Eisenhower pushed through the Civil Rights Act of 1957. One of Eisenhower's primary political opponents on civil rights prior to 1957 was none other than Lyndon Johnson, then the Democratic Senate Majority Leader. LBJ had voted the straight segregationist line until he changed his position and supported the 1957 Act.

Fact: The historic Civil Rights Act of 1964 was supported by a higher percentage of Republicans than Democrats in both houses of Congress. In the House, 80 percent of the Republicans and 63 percent of the Democrats voted in favor. In the Senate, 82 percent of the Republicans and 69 percent of the Democrats voted for it.

Fact: Contrary to popular misconception, the parties never "switched" on racism.

russp.us...

So you can thank DEMOCRATS for keeping slaves and slavery alive for so long in the Republic of the United States...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Republicans were the ones to end slavery, and before the civil war there were already REPUBLICAN cities like New York, yes it USED to be REPUBLICAN, where slavery was banned...
So you can thank DEMOCRATS for keeping slaves and slavery alive for so long in the Republic of the United States...
Eh...you really want to try and equate the party of Honest Abe with that goofball consrotium that calls itself the GOP today? What Would Eisenhower have said about them?

Besides...the Brits outlawed slavery decades before Lincoln freed the slaves in territory he did not control. Incidentally, slavery was negligible (as in not a huge economic factor) in the north because it was the southern plantation economy that depended upon it.

History can certainly be your friend...as long as you're clear on the difference between it and jingoistic propaganda.
edit on 19-4-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because, eh?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Eh...you really want to try and equate the party of Honest Abe with that goofball consrotium that calls itself the GOP today? What Would Eisenhower have said about them?

Eh...to this day leftwingers keep claiming that social security, unemployment insurance, and labor laws must be leftwing or even socialist when they are not... You need to learn the difference if you want to try to discuss the topic. Those programs to this day pay more to the people who have worked more, and earned more.

Unemployment pays you to this day a percentage of what you earned in your previous job, just like social security. But the leftwingers started changing these programs and paying for things that were not supposed to be paid by these social programs, which is part of the reason why these programs are nearly bankrupt...

Despite what many leftwingers claim, social programs doesn't equal socialism...

Besides...the Brits outlawed slavery decades before Lincoln freed the slaves in territory he did not control. History can certainly be your friend...as long as you're clear on the difference between it and jingoistic propaganda.

And like I said, before Lincoln started the war there were REPUBLICAN cities that existed for a long time in which slavery was banned...

You need to get right those pesky facts if you want to discuss them...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join