It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive 7.8 EQ hits Iran, South-West PAKISTAN (Pak - Iran Border)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

There have been aftershocks however USGS doesn't seem to post anything 'Worldwide' less than 4.5. This Link shows a couple and most recently:

2013-04-16 21:02:11.0 32min ago 28.42 N 62.13 E 80 3.6 IRAN-PAKISTAN BORDER REGION

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
inb4HAARP

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

Damn, I was about to say, the first member to mention HAARP gets a Snickers!

Pow! Pew pew! take that bitches!

Disclaimer: CaptainBeno is in no way taking the P*ss. Honest.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
the way the plates slip and the depth make a difference in how the earthquake is felt, some have a rolling feel, some shake up and down, these things make a difference in how the quake is felt

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hey, I don't know nothing about seismology. Can they tell the difference between an earthquake
and under ground nuke test?

I've noticed a lot of threads on quakes in or near Iran lately.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by warehouse7
God shall smite the heathens that deserve it

I may not like Iran but thats really really low man. The earth runs by itself. Its is the way. God set it up so it did not need constant attention i think.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

why you dont like Iran? Because they run their own banking system?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
After several low aftershocks at 3 - 4 Mag., Southwestern Pakistan (Iran Pak border) gets a 5.4 just minutes ago.
Interesting to note 2 hours ago we had a 5.3 near Yunan China and 4 hours ago we had a big 6.8 near Papua New Guinea.

The world is surly shaking!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The only shaking I felt was my phone vibrating in my pocket when the quake alert went off!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by warehouse7
God shall smite the heathens that deserve it

God has nothing to do with earthquakes dude. Innocent people could have been kill but you blame that on him right?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by warehouse7

Dude, you are a pathetic, sniveling racist piece of crap, and you suck.

As for the 'quake area itself, is it just me, or is there a shockingly low number of aftershocks thus far for such a huge earthquake? There's the main 'quake, and only 4 aftershocks. If another service is showing more, by all means, please share a link, but that's all the USGS has to show for it.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
Pakistan is filled with mountains and they are great protection, doubt anything except for flooding would happen.

Think again: landslides, avalanches and collapsing of non-quake-resistant structures. A 7.8 is a devastating earthquake, even if you're several tens of miles away.

There's a mountain range between the San Andreas Fault and the Los Angeles Basin, but it isn't going to provide much protection against a 7.8+ earthquake.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
Hey, I don't know nothing about seismology. Can they tell the difference between an earthquake
and under ground nuke test?

I've noticed a lot of threads on quakes in or near Iran lately.

Yes, generally seismologists can. The seismic signals are different (explosions have more "high end" signal, i.e. treble, and earthquakes have relatively more "low end" signal , i.e. base), and it's location and depth -- also determined from seismic records -- also helps to discriminate between the two source types. If an event is shallow and occurs near some government complex, then it is suspicious; if it is deeper and not near any known bases, then it is most likely an EQ.

INSAR imagery is an newer technology that also helps to determine the source type.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Thanks

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

How come this was felt so far away? We've had bigger quakes recently, were they felt over such a huge area? Or is it because of those Countries mentioned all being on the same land without Sea in between? Must be.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

maybe people should see this video link, it makes some very interesting points about the political relationship between iran and north korea

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
reply to post by yuppa

why you dont like Iran? Because they run their own banking system?

3 answers. NO NO AND NO. I just dont like it because the regime thats it. the poeple are ok but the regime is not what i would call fun to live under. I could care less about the banking system. Do not bother replying back to that.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
can we can expect another earth quake down the road, considering the way it works
one earthquake sets of another one as the crust moves

the domino effect

since it was 7.8 it had the potential to set off other faults
was reading it can be straight away or take a few days to weeks for it to take effect
edit on 18-4-2013 by bodrul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join