It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive 7.8 EQ hits Iran, South-West PAKISTAN (Pak - Iran Border)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Earthquake-Report has good coverage of this event, with lots of testimonials.
They report Iran has sent 12 assessment crews and the Red Crescent has sent 3 helicopters to help victims.
USGS has revised their pager estimates down to green, along with the depth down to 82 km--really good news.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Areas that were effected were Baluchestan or Sistanya.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Fortunately EQ was not shallow and not close to nuclear plant, but many homes was destroyed also hundreds reporter of dead ..

An Iranian official quoted by Reuters said hundreds of dead were expected as a result of the quake. "It was the biggest earthquake in Iran in 40 years and we are expecting hundreds of dead," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

www.guardian.co.uk... ; www.bbc.co.uk...

2013-04-16 10:44:20.0 1hr 47min ago 28.14 N 62.08 E 87 7.8 IRAN-PAKISTAN BORDER REGION

www.emsc-csem.org...

Magnitude Mw 7.8
Region IRAN-PAKISTAN BORDER REGION
Date time 2013-04-16 10:44:20.0 UTC
Location 28.14 N ; 62.08 E
Depth 87 km
Distances 611 km NE of Muscat, Oman / pop: 797,000 / local time: 14:44:20.0 2013-04-16
191 km SE of Zāhedān, Iran / pop: 551,980 / local time: 15:14:20.0 2013-04-16
85 km E of Khāsh, Iran / pop: 69,603 / local time: 15:14:20.0 2013-04-16

Some predictions of this strong earthquake ..

Originally posted by MariaLida
We have this two interesting EQ's in last 40 min, probably stronger activity & EQ to come in next days ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok I will post some dangerous days for strong seizmic activity for rest of 2013, that days can effect San Andreas fault to rupture in very strong EQ ..

Also dangerous location from Japan - China - Turkey - Italy to have very strong EQ's with many casualties ..

Next days to end of April (next 35 days) and days from 16 to 23 June, also we will have super full moon for this year on 23 June ..

Perigee - Jun 23 11:11 356989 km ++ F- 0h

Full moon - 2013 Jun 23 11:34

I expect at sensitive area very strong EQ of M 8.0 + from 16 to 23 June, for next 35 days we have several very dangerous days so I will post danger for all 35 days and we probably will have very strong seizmic activity worldwide and probably EQ of M 7.5 + ..

Still unstable there also nuclear plant is only 90 km up at fault line ..

Hope nothing strong will come but have possibility one more equal or stronger EQ to come here or at this fault line in next months, also think have more % to north to Turkey from south of last one M 6.3

edit on 16-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Update:

Over 40 confirmed dead...homes damaged in Iran border areas. Mashkel & Wasuk areas in Balochistan hit hard...over 1000 homes damaged, 7 confirmed dead in Pakistan.

Historical Port of Tump (Tume a Kalath) has been damaged. Nuclear plants in India - SAFE but Doubts raised about the status of Iranian Nuclear Plant - Bushehr.

Images from Karachi:

edit on 16-4-2013 by UnknownEntity because: Updated with images

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

Some info about recent seizmic activity at Iran's Bushehr nuclear power station ..

Strong earthquake of M 6.3 hits near Iran's Bushehr nuclear power station!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Looking at the USGS site, it looks like there were more than a few quakes around the world within minutes of this quake. I do not know if that is normal. I hope people are safe in that area. I have nothing against the regular people in Iran, many of them are peaceful people that are just trying to live their life.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
News reports from Iran say many-many casualties and widespread damage to buildings:

Images from Iran EQ:

Pic from Dubai:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Prayers to those affected.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Two observations from this:

1. Buoy at station 23228 in event mode National Data Buoy Center
2. Taftan Volcano located 47.58 km from the epicenter. Wiki

Taftan volcano was constructed along a volcanic zone in Beluchistan, SE Iran, that extends into northern Pakistan. There are fresh-looking lava flows that were erupted from the SE cone. The deeply eroded NW cone is extinct and of Pleistocene age. According to Iranian maps, the elevation of the volcanically active SE summit shown is 3,940 m, and the older dissected NW summit is 3,840 m. Several necks, remnants of older cinder cones, are located in the plain W from Taftan, as well as a second (probably extinct) stratovolcano, Buzman (around 3,500 m summit elevation), which is largely unknown.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Classic background read on tectonics of region of today's Iran quake (Jackson and McKenzie, 1984)

PDF, 7.32 mb ..

Active tectonics of the Alpine-Himalayan Belt between western Turkey and Pakistan

gji.oxfordjournals.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

"harmonics" responses to nonwelcomed techs it seems. The CT mind says. BE SAFE ALL*

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Does anyone else think it's odd that this earthquake occurred in Pakistan, and only hours after they denied responsibility for the Boston bombings?

By itself this would seem just a coincidence, but with the earthquakes near the Iranian nuclear facilities in recent weeks I'm really wondering if these tremors are being triggered by some sort of device...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Battlefresh

Battlefresh, I was just thinking that yesterday, but for Iran not Pakistan. I posited that we would use this to pin on Iran and off we go to the next war. Just a really weird coincidence that Iran, who is on the "unauthorized nuclear" list with NK has had two significant earthquakes in rapid succession. Makes my tinfoil hat buzz.
edit on 16-4-2013 by r4winds because: My code be showing

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by r4winds
reply to post by Battlefresh

Battlefresh, I was just thinking that yesterday, but for Iran not Pakistan. I posited that we would use this to pin on Iran and off we go to the next war. Just a really weird coincidence that Iran, who is on the "unauthorized nuclear" list with NK has had two significant earthquakes in rapid succession. Makes my tinfoil hat buzz.
edit on 16-4-2013 by r4winds because: My code be showing

That's what these forums are designed for right? I'm surprised more haven't come to this possible conclusion. I'm not a big conspiracy theory guy, but sometimes things happen that make me think "hmm, if I had the technology to damage an enemy of my country without taking any blame would I use it?". And the answer is OF COURSE!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Since it happened on the border was HAARP aiming for Iran or Pakistan?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it odd that there's only been one aftershock of a 4.1 thus far ?

Wouldn't a quake this size be followed by several aftershocks not long after ?

Or maybe the lack of aftershocks has something to do with the depth ?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

That is a really good point. I am hoping that was the big one, and things can calm down. And this not being the warm up act.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I can't claim a past belief in HAARP, but this at least has me wondering., since I read something about this area having a connection to the Boston bombings.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Does anyone else find it odd that there's only been one aftershock of a 4.1 thus far ?

Wouldn't a quake this size be followed by several aftershocks not long after ?

Or maybe the lack of aftershocks has something to do with the depth ?

Finally some -questions- about the events, not just the usual, uninformative and useless choir practice of "I will pray for you" combined with "information" and "hoping that everyone is safe". I mean, come on - the second you are INCARNATED on a planet like this, you are in danger! There is no absolute safety on the physical plane, and the everyone's body dies sooner or later - I'd rather die in an earth-shattering event than lying on my back for two decades, unable to move, listening to hospital equipment, while being artificially breathed.

I mean, this is ATS, this is supposed to be a CONSPIRACY site, as far as I know, so why did it take this long to get past that usual, thoughtless garbage that you get so much in other places ANYWAY (thus it's not needed here, not that it's ever needed - people just like to be slaves to their egos and show off how 'good' people they are).

So, it's good, that finally someone is at least asking questions.

My question is: Isn't 7.6-7.8 (I have seen it reported as all these) supposed to be not only big, but HUMONGOUS? When similar size earthquakes have happened in the past, TENS OF THOUSANDS of people have died, buildings collapsed, etc.

And we get.. "No property damage" and "40 people dead".

Really? What? A really =HUGE= earthquake, and the end result is .. "nothing"?

How can that BE?

And don't tell me about Fukushima, there's enough fishy stuff about that one to last a conspiracy theorist a lifetime, especially about the epicenter, the quake's reported 'magnitude' versus it's probable, actually much smaller magnitude that happened.

Information about these things is so difficult to get, because there's so much disinformation and lies at play. I mean, if the whole scalar weapons stuff is true, most of the quakes could be caused by that (except the game "Quake" and it's sequels, of course - heh, heh).

But at the same time, we can think whether Earth is already starting to show signs of not being able to take this constant pounding anymore or not. According to certain sources, the underground nuclear tests have really damaged the Earth's ecosystem and energy fields a lot, and the radioactive 'pollution' gathers between space and the upper layers of Earth's atmosphere (because it's lighter than air but heavier than space), and basically collects to the poles, because the magnetic field is different there, and .. well, it has something to do with resistance being weaker or something.

But the point is, that if that theory is true, the Earth could be having like two heavy dumbells, one in each pole, affecting the magnetic poles and making a pole shift more likely and dangerous.

Then there's the theory that poles shift naturally anyway every few thousand years or so, and that time is coming.

Of course the counter-theories, like Nuclear power might be a hoax, and thus nuclear radiation might be a hoax would really make a huge difference to how these things are explained.

And it's getting to be pretty impossible to know which theory - if ANY - is correct to any extent.. or whether all of them are just trash, hoaxes, disinformation, lies or something.

But something interesting seems to be happening, that's for sure .. and even if it's all just lies and hoaxes, it's certain that a limited resource (Earth) cannot stand exponential growth (of human population, pollution, amount of cars, airplanes, garbage dumps, etc.). And if the nuclear power is not a hoax, then it produces problematic waste, that can't be hidden in some cave forever (I honestly don't know what they supposedly do with it).

It seems that ANY way you look at it, Earth can't stand this unhealthy koyaanisqatsi much longer - in some way, this madness HAS to end relatively soon (at least cosmically speaking)!

And there's no hope for humanity to realize the error of it's ways and correct them, that hope has been thoroughly tested, and those tests indicate that humans are just too selfish and stupid to change their HUM-Vee-Hamburger-Plastic Bag-Corporate-Worshipping ways.

Whenever a 'disaster' strikes, therefore, a wise human being does not think it's terrible, or pity the 'victims' of it, or hope that everyone will 'be safe', but instead, feel good for those that got out, see hope that the whole planet might soon be like that, so this nightmare would finally END for all, so that it could become just a stain in the history of the planet, and a new, good world could be built after the ruins have been cleared out.

There is no "safe", when you are on this planet, so it's madness to wish for safety! Freedom is more important than safety/security anyway, have you all forgotten that? "BE FREE", I'd rather say!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
the area was not residental. and the quake was deep. Iran says just one person is dead !!!!!
www.presstv.ir...
however for a deep earth quake it is not odd. you should not expect many victims as it may be expected at the center.
but because of it's power it has spreaded in a large area.
I am not sure about HAARP. but I think Iran's plateau is moving towards Saudi Arabia plateau faster these years !
I am not sure whether huge oil and natural gas extraction can have an effect on it or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join