It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Heroes: Let's start with Carlos, the "Boston Cowboy"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted, I couldn't find it here.
Video
Carlos doesn't think he is a hero, he said he did the same thing all first responders was doing.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Enzo954

Americans like to throw out the term Hero. I think that it makes them feel better, perhaps emboldens them with pride or placates their fears.

In fact these aren't heroes. Not to me. They are just people that went through an ordeal. That is it.

SMR

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You're right. We get all warm and fuzzy inside at the thought of looking for the next Hero ...

How would calling someone a Hero make us feel good ? How does that benefit me in anyway, shape or form ?

I'd like to know what your definition of a Hero is ?
edit on 4/17/2013 by SMR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Skeptic, You're 100% correct about this Man bro. I watched other videos and for him to be able to help that victim while blocking out the blood, the shattered bones and gore while still holding what was left of that poor Man's legs in order to save his life just proves that he has earned the title of hero.

It takes a certain type of individual who can suck it up and block out such blood and guts and instead of thinking about themselves, they help their fellow Man. I won't even mention the smell of burnt flesh or fresh blood. It's something that you will never forget for the rest of your life once you have experienced it.

It's nice to see that there are still good people that are willing to help their fellow human beings in this crazy world . Great thread my friend. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The authorities apparently are viewing him as somewhat less than a hero. I guess everyone's a suspect at this point.

Marathon Bombing 'Hero' Questioned At His Home: 'They Took My Clothes, My Shoes, My Pants, My T-Shirt'...

Marathon Bombing ‘Hero’ Questioned By FBI, Police At Boston Home
BOSTON (CBS) – Nine years ago, Carlos Arredondo gained worldwide attention and sympathy, for being a grieving father who had a heartbreaking reaction to news that his son had been killed in the Iraq war.
Now he lives in Boston, and has found himself in the middle of the marathon bombing story. He is being both praised and questioned at the same time.
Arredondo running toward the blast and helping victims is one of the lasting images of the bombings.
“I had to to stop the bleeding, so I grabbed this sweater,” said Arredondo. “I ripped it apart and wrapped to stop the bleeding on his limbs.”

Carlos Arredondo, who was at the finish line of the Boston Marathon when two explosives detonated. (Photo by Darren McCollester/Getty Images)
It was the reaction from the same man, who was once so broken by grief in 2004, that he set himself and a Marine Corps van on fire after hearing that his young son Alex had been killed in Iraq. Years later, his other son committed suicide. On Wednesday, two days after the marathon attack, his story took another twist.
He says Boston Police and the FBI came to his Roslindale home and questioned him about the bombing. When they left, they took some items.
“They took my clothes, my shoes my pants, my t-shirt, whatever they needed I provided to them,” Arredondo told WBZ-TV.
Arredondo says the agents were just doing their job. “I’m 100 percent supportive,” he says. “It’s very important to support the investigation.”
A neighbor also came by on Wednesday, to thank Arredondo for his actions to rescue victims.
Arredondo said he went to the marathon to cheer on athletes and National Guard troops who were running in memory of both of his sons. He also said authorities also took some photos that he had taken at the event, and that he was happy investigators appear to be closing in on a suspect.

edit on 18-4-2013 by POXUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragingeagles
reply to post by Enzo954

Americans like to throw out the term Hero. I think that it makes them feel better, perhaps emboldens them with pride or placates their fears.

In fact these aren't heroes. Not to me. They are just people that went through an ordeal. That is it.

The difference is that there were tens of thousands of people there that day, and a handful risked their own lives when they could have been killed also, to tend to the injured.

There is no doubt that we need to see heroes at times like this, it's a natural psychological response to find some good in something so terrible. Could you imagine how horrid it would be if no one went in there to help anyone? That would almost be worse than the act itself!

And this isn't specific to one country. You can look at any event in any country and you will see the same response. It's not just Americans. In the UK on 7/7 hundreds helped the injured, in Africa when a bomb goes off hundreds help. In Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Pakistan... it makes no difference where it is.

And, for clarification, a Hero is someone who risks something to help another - animal or Human. A Hero is someone who can recognize that there is a risk to themselves, but blocks that out in an effort to save another life.

Every single person who went into one of those bomb sites on Monday is a Hero, whether they were wearing a uniform or not. None of them knew that there wasn't another device there ready to kill them too, and the possibility of them loosing their life was very high indeed. But they still did it. They should all be praised and recognized for their selfless acts whether they think they are Heroes or not - they definitely are.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by POXUSA
The authorities apparently are viewing him as somewhat less than a hero. I guess everyone's a suspect at this point.

I don't think that's indicative of anything. They would have been questioning numerous people who were there that day. He wasn't interviewed, he was asked questions. Maybe they wanted to know if he had seen anything before the event?

But, the nature of his personal history is also reason to at least ask him some questions, and he seems to understand that too. If they didn't ask him anything, then people would be saying they weren't doing their jobs.

Like you say, almost everyone there could be deemed a suspect until they start to narrow things down with evidence gathered.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
Again, Karma is a b!tch! America will evenually pay the price for its doings...!

And maybe you'd feel a bit different if your the one who finally pays the price. Maybe you won't, maybe you won't live to talk about it. Fact is I made a valid point, an American attack is listed well ahead of it's arrival. If your theory is right then it must also be the American government setting IED's in Iraq and Afghanistan, since that would keep this Military machine going.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
SO, I caught the first couple of pages of this and haven't read the rest, but I can imagine where they've gone given Carlos's colorful past. Regardless of politics, only those with either the training to overcome the natural fight or flight instinct or genuine love of humanity would do what Carlos did. Even in the horror of the event in Boston I find quite a lot to admire in the specific individuals like Carlos; the police,fire, EMS, and Guardsmen; and the People of Boston.

But I'd like to maybe point out another hero in the same pic. Jeff Bauman, the guy who was so horribly maimed. Bloomberg is reporting.

Two and a half minutes later, the bag exploded, tearing Jeff’s legs apart. A picture of him in a wheelchair, bloodied and ashen, was broadcast around the world as he was rushed to Boston Medical Center. He lost both legs below the knee. “He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, ‘bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,’” Chris Bauman said yesterday in an interview.

Boston Bombing Victim in Iconic Photo Helped Identify Attackers

It will truly be amazing if the guy in the wheelchair who looked to me like he could have been a goner, ends up being the main eyewitness against whoever did this.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Originally posted by Propulsion
Again, Karma is a b!tch! America will evenually pay the price for its doings...!

And maybe you'd feel a bit different if your the one who finally pays the price. Maybe you won't, maybe you won't live to talk about it. Fact is I made a valid point, an American attack is listed well ahead of it's arrival. If your theory is right then it must also be the American government setting IED's in Iraq and Afghanistan, since that would keep this Military machine going.

Though I don’t condone the loss of life, I believe America needs a wake-up call. If America gets attacked by another country, and loses a couple hundred thousand people do to an attack, than Americans need to understand that there are consequences for our government’s actions. And if an attack does happen (which I have no doubt will happen in the future), than Americans will need to hold our Government responsible. Of course, that will never happen. The Government along with the media will have Americans believing we were attacked by a super-duper extremist group hell bent on raping/pillaging our woman and children! And of course, they will be doing all of this raping and pillaging in the name of the anti-Santa clause!

So there are three questions that beg to be asked…

1.Do you think the anti-Santa Clause could have set off those bombs in Boston?
2.What super-duper extremist group did it?
3.WHEN DO WE ATTACK?

Don’t get me wrong, I cherish ALL life! But when people start putting our precious Americans before those who have just as much right to live, love, prosper, etc., than I do have a problem! Americans are NOT the only ones who have the right to be safe and secure! Most Americans are absolutely oblivious to what is really going on in the real world!

I hate to say it, but America is going to see it’s day! And it’s not going to be pretty! And when our children ask us why the world is attacking America, what are you going to tell them rock star?

If your theory is right then it must also be the American government setting IED's in Iraq and Afghanistan, since that would keep this Military machine going.

Seriously? What do you think?
edit on 19-4-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Nice of you to take a step back... I don't agree with what your saying we'll just keep it at that.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Nice of you to take a step back... I don't agree with what your saying we'll just keep it at that.
I think if we ALL agreed with everything going on in the world, life would really be boring....

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
He's a top bloke. And an outspoken peace activist. It would be nice if all activists acted in ways that showed support for the ideas behind their protests.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
He helped people. Congratulations. A hero? Shouldn't be. Should be considered normal by human standards. I and many I know would have done the same and more if placed in such a situation.

But in terms of the man he "saved", medical expertise spits in the face of his injuries as being legitimate. He leaves no blood trail behind him even though he has had multiple arteries allegedly severed. Even in pictures moments after the blast, the seemingly fake blood left behind is nowhere near in the amount that should have been produced and the man should have, in the very least, been unconscious after 30 seconds to a minute from the blood loss.

And now the government goes to Carlos' home and takes all the blood spattered evidence? It seems only fitting. It is some of the only stuff that could have been used to prove whether the blood was real or not and now... its gone. In the hands of big brother. How convenient.

He seems to be a good man, but he was used by the media to whore their agenda as always. There are no heroes in this massacre only victims: the American people, and they will continue to be victimized as time goes by following this event.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Such a spontanious and well intended thread.........

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

See this thread for vindication. I've been convinced since day one.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Some things people might not see because they are blinded by a flag and say hero.

In the image you see the flag and it draws your eyes to it. But did you see the woman in the red jacket under the fence he is standing on? Did you see the separated foot behind the fence? Or how about the back pack that was probably used in the bombing behind the fence under his feet?

Now some questions?

How does that woman feel being blown up and the crushed under a fence then having some guy jump on it?

How do people feel that part of the evidence is being trampled under his feet that could be used to prosecute the criminal?

And now back to some other questions. He was there with the military. He is a person who was given citizenship through his children who were in the military. The Tsarnaev Family was also given citizenship through the military because uncle Ruslan ran CIA front companies for the CIA to smuggle money to Chechnya for anti Russian attacks.

How do people feel about this? Do you see a reason to make a hero out of Carlos for the military to justify them bring people to the US who help our military?

This reminds me of all those Iraqis who were brought here to the US because they helped our military in some way. They were all placed in California. They were busted doing the same thing they were doing in Iraq when they helped our military in California. What is that? They were building IEDs and selling them to the drug cartels in Mexico along with gun and drug smuggling. You can take them out of a war zone but you can't take the war away from them. It will follow them where ever they go.

Iraqi-Mexican Drug And Weapons Operation Busted In El Cajon, California By Feds
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Were those Iraqis still working for the CIA and involved in Fast and Furious I wonder?

Our military has a long history of bringing the wrong people to the US. I think some check and balances are needed. Hell Osama Bin Laden helped our military and the CIA. You have these Boston Bombers who also helped them. Who is the next person who helped our military and CIA coming to America to bomb us?
edit on 4-5-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
To add to above. They are now naming the three people who want to testify on the Libyan Embassy.

Strange thing I just noticed. Eric Allan Nordstrom also served at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The Boston Bombers friend named Robel Phillipos is a Ethiopian. Is there a connection? His mother works with refugees from Ethiopia. I wonder if that is a state department job? She lived near the corner where the person escaped at the gas station.

Also have a strange connection with Gregory N. Hicks. His wife works for USAID also through John Snow,Inc. located in Boston which also has projects on Russia.

It seems strange that you connect these names to Libya, Ethiopia,Russia and Boston all through the USAID and State Department. What is the chance so many things happening to places directly connected to these guys who's job is in Terrorism?
edit on 4-5-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I said in previous threads that there wasn't something right about it all, and we were looked at as being insensitive morons! YOU need to get back to ever numbnut who said otherwise!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I thought you might want to see this.

In Your Face...!

vindication is yours!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join