It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Why do they want us to get emotional? So, we are not logical and they can exploit the populous, that's why...

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Also, after reading some more of this thread and watching a little more of Communist News Network, including Obama's latest "We don't now who did this, but we'll find them and bring them to justice" speech, I think I should add something important.

Guys, just because there have been casualties, don't get engulfed in the propaganda.

I've been watching the news for about half an hour now, and they seem to love playing the footage. The word "Terror" is popping up everywhere. Also, they just played a live video of one of the explosions. It seems to have the potential to strongly provoke a lot of people emotionally, and just now, as I'm typing, the news woman referenced 9/11. She is saying that the situation is similar to 9/11, and so it is.

People dying or getting hurt, then the news exploiting it in an emotionally blackmailing way.

ATS, this is the time you need to step back, look at all things objectively, and ask yourself;

Why do they want me to see this?

There's a reason they want you to get emotional. There is ALWAYS a reason. The reason's not always clear... in fact, we usually don't know the reason until after it reveals itself. But there is a reason.

9/11? They cracked down on us hard, gained a lot of control over us after 9/11, Also, it gave us an excuse to go to war and grab some oil.

Remember all the gay marriage controversy a month or so ago? While everyone was distracted, emotional and whining about gay marriage, the Monstanto Protection Act was signed into play.

I'm telling you, ATS--when things like this happen, and they're presented on the news in a way that really gets you, then they are up to something.

Always ask yourself, what are they up to?

edit on 15-4-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Havox

Originally posted by pr9me
Check out this photo. Does is show the bomber?

Link

This has been posted so many times and it's getting ridiculous. Nobody knows, could be something, probably just someone trying to get a better shot of the marathon.

I am glad it was posted a lot. I saw the stills after seeing the video of the explosion right below him.

Oddly, I had not noticed what looked like two square black packages. Tossed from his location.

One appears to have landed in close approximation to the first explosion. The second, however, landed where the second explosion appears to have been.

So from the first explosion, to the second one, ten seconds. It looks like he threw them from the roof. This would explain dogs not finding them.

The third one did not go off, so it could possibly still be there. Try to watch the video again, and see.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

How do I know what? I have made several posts today. Could you elaborate on which one you are speaking of?

link   
And considering the time it took ATF agents, Dudes with Bomb Gear, FBI, all at the scene within minutes how was this area not completely gone over multiple times.

Some nut job, especially after 9/11 did not do this. Some "Right Wing Extremist" did not do this. Some "Left Wing Extremist" did not do this.

link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Naw. The spin they are putting on it is the spin that Alex Jones and all of his following always puts on everything. No matter what the tragedy is its a "false flag attack" perpetrated by the government in order to take away our rights and put us in concentration camps.

What happened today was not a false flag attack. This was a terrorist attack pure and simple, whether solo, domestic or foreign.

And you know this because...?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
"an amateur bomber" can be a terrorist. Just because it is a newbie does not = not a terrorist

ter·ror·ist
/ˈterərist/
Noun
A person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims.

This still proves my point, though. It is possible that it's not a terrorist but rather just someone who wanted to kill a bunch of people, cause hysteria, watch the aftermath, and get famous. People have done acts of violence for these reasons before.

According to another user, that definition still fits under terrorist. But seeing as how you posted the definition, and it is not the same, I have to disagree.

Back to my original point, to jump to the conclusion of terrorist is very suspicious when you still have the psycho possibility.

link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Looks as if from the first image she came from the Lens Crafters and the depends on when that second one is taken. Who know, shock, horror, any other emotions really. This isn't a natural everyday experience that most American's deal with.

Same could be pointed out of some of the runners so focused that the first blast nearly didn't phase them as they ran past the camera to the finish line. One could say they were running away from the blast, but some of them didn't even look behind them.

link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall

Naw. The spin they are putting on it is the spin that Alex Jones and all of his following always puts on everything. No matter what the tragedy is its a "false flag attack" perpetrated by the government in order to take away our rights and put us in concentration camps.

What happened today was not a false flag attack. This was a terrorist attack pure and simple, whether solo, domestic or foreign.

people do bomb things, but i think it's interesting you know it wasn't a false flag when there is so little information out.

i exclude neither possibility, but i am happy that people are questioning more.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

And I know which part?

1. That this is the same spin that Alex Jones and his followers always put on every tragedy.
or
2. That this was an act of terrorism?

link   
I'm sure this has been said , but I feel it needs repeated. I have been around Black powder Firearms my whole life. The color of the smoke, low yield of the blast, reports of a sulfur odor and the billowing of the smoke after the blast all indicate. That Black Powder was used as the explosive.

Fast forward to 1:00

link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
reporters are probably having a blast with this

so sad

So is this site and others like it. The ad revenue and boost in membership is always welcome. You can't deny that.

Money and numbers!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

I thought the same thing in the initial moments. I'm thinking they had a third option which was botched and denoted the second bomb to "save face". The entire situation was ideal for a mass bombing, closed corridors and shrapnel. Whoever did this knew what they were doing with the utmost premeditation.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Our prayers and our hearts are with you all...this is a pure evil attack on a civillian event. (UK).

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by derfreebie

Originally posted by mrfire9
but yesterday night for some reason i decided to look at the moon and notice that it was a lunar moon.

Good thought, I got a short chill when you mentioned it. But the I-guys
like a new moon, and that was the 10th. We're 25% and waxing now,
not a deal IMO.

What is a lunar moon?

Isn't every night part of the lunar cycle?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Fox News Channel JUST announced, hours after the NY Post did online, that the Saudi national is confirmed. He's here on a student visa, and they are checking to see if he was compliant with the rules for that. They also announced that the feds are searching an apartment in Massachusetts, though no information on who it belongs to was given.

There is also speculation as to why, if trash cans were actually used, what they were doing at the finish line, since everyone KNOWS those a re a prime target to drop bombs into.

link   

This is the same guy that was asking why the police were telling people to stay calm on that block "before" the explosions. He asked that one as they all turned to leave.

link   
I would pay extremely close attn to Rocky's post above me. Although, a redditor has stated that there's a lack of burn injuries that would be present in blackpowder explosives. If true, then a hydrogen peroxide device is the likely culprit.

I wish I knew what the trashcans in that area look like. I can't find any pics/video that show me if it's a solid can or if there's a hole in the bottom.

link   
In this photo on the ledge of the building is two small black pieces of debris. I would say that had to be what the bomb was placed under or part of the bomb to go up that high when most of the blast debris was near the ground and hit peoples legs.

I can't make out what it is from?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips

Why do they want us to get emotional? So, we are not logical and they can exploit the populous, that's why...

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Also, after reading some more of this thread and watching a little more of Communist News Network, including Obama's latest "We don't now who did this, but we'll find them and bring them to justice" speech, I think I should add something important.

Guys, just because there have been casualties, don't get engulfed in the propaganda.

I've been watching the news for about half an hour now, and they seem to love playing the footage. The word "Terror" is popping up everywhere. Also, they just played a live video of one of the explosions. It seems to have the potential to strongly provoke a lot of people emotionally, and just now, as I'm typing, the news woman referenced 9/11. She is saying that the situation is similar to 9/11, and so it is.

People dying or getting hurt, then the news exploiting it in an emotionally blackmailing way.

ATS, this is the time you need to step back, look at all things objectively, and ask yourself;

Why do they want me to see this?

There's a reason they want you to get emotional. There is ALWAYS a reason. The reason's not always clear... in fact, we usually don't know the reason until after it reveals itself. But there is a reason.

9/11? They cracked down on us hard, gained a lot of control over us after 9/11, Also, it gave us an excuse to go to war and grab some oil.

Remember all the gay marriage controversy a month or so ago? While everyone was distracted, emotional and whining about gay marriage, the Monstanto Protection Act was signed into play.

I'm telling you, ATS--when things like this happen, and they're presented on the news in a way that really gets you, then they are up to something.

Always ask yourself, what are they up to?

I like this quote. It reminds us that media is always presented.

Of course the media is playing this up. It feeds off negative stories. But the fact that the word "terrorism" is being thrown around so often. And the comparisons to 9/11 even though it's not even close. God, it's really unnerving.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by charleychibi

Originally posted by leostokes
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I predict that Obama will say the North Koreans did it.

Obama has already spoken on this and is blaming no one. That post was probably the most idiotic thing I've read in this thread.

There are a number of idiotic posts...we should vote on the most idiotic post!!

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join