It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Race day got started with 26 seconds of silence in honor of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. A little more than 2 hours later, the lead runners will go past the Mile 26 marker, which has been decorated with the Newtown, Conn., seal and dedicated to the memory of those killed there.

Source

I was wondering if the explosions were near mile marker 26...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Man that's messed up....

According to Fox News they have found two more bombs at different landmark locations..

link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Do you think this has something to do with it? Just sayin...after all we are on a conspiracy site. When I checked this morning stocks were up and Gold was down 10%. Now all stocks are down and Gold is up. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Well i guess you didn't read the post whores to the politicians not the people get it, now nothing else to see in my post so get on with the news dear.

link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
Anyone have more info on the JFK explosions?

My friend is trying to get out of there right now, once she gets out I will update with what she heard or knows! She is right beside JFK at the moment

link   
If it was bombs, where are the police and the bomb sniffing dogs, does Boston use those?

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Exactly, Why then do we need homeland security? What are they securing if things like this happen?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I live just outside of Boston and I just heard a news reporter ask a witness if this was a terrorist attack. Seriously? Bombs planted near the Boston Marathon would BY DEFINITION be terrorist in nature.

EDIT**** 2 more devices have been found and are being defused.
edit on 4/15/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by masta12d

Gold is up $1.20 and you think this has something to do with it?? It's not up $120 its up $1.20.......

link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
The local news says that the U.S. army and the head of Fema are on site. Boy they guys move fast.

In less than an hour the Army and the head of Fema is there?

If I find out they were conducting drills, then all bets are off.

If they pin this on North Korea, I wouldn't be surprised.

Its the National Guard and they were their for to support the marathon just like every year. And if the head of Fema is their it is a quick flight from DC to Boston.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
Anyone have more info on the JFK explosions?

it is believed to have just been a suspicious package and they decided best thing to do was a controlled explosion.

link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
My friend tweeted just before the explosion that he had finished and got a personal record. None of us have heard from him since.

He's probably ok then because the two bombs got areas where runners had not finished yet, so if he was finished then he's past the danger zone.

Incidentally, the marathon tracker website still works, so you can see when he finished.

link   
reply to post by proob4

No, they are too busy feeling up law abiding grandmas and children.

link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Can't be sniffin' the whole time... They go over the area, terrorist waits, makes move, drops device in trashcan... Dogs will be none the wiser.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thoughts and prayers go out to the dead, and everyone affected by this. Lord have mercy on us all.

link   
AP Breaking news alert on my phone: 2 more explosive devices found and being dismantled.

So 2 they are dismantling, 1 that was exploded with the water gun, and 2 that exploded within 15 seconds of each other.

So bomb dogs missed 5 bombs??? Or did people bring them in after the sniff?

All the blood on that one photo, horrific. And on Tax day, and on a day where oil, gold and precious commodities crashed.

And maybe unrelated, but since I got the alerts at exactly the same time.

FBI at Pilot

link   
My bet is it is going to be homegrown.

Just a gut feeling.

More laws and more security coming soon.

link   
An update for those that didn't see my edit, 2 more explosive devices have been found and are being defused.

link   
What a horrible thing to have happen at such an event. I never would have thought the Boston marathon would've been considered a soft target. My deepest sympathies to all those who are there and to those who have lost loved ones because of this horrific event-My condolences......I find the timing of this most suspect....today is the day North Korea celebrates the anniversary of it's creation or they are celebrating the dear leaders Grandfather Kim IL-Sun.....Like I said....I find the timing of this very suspect.....

link   

Originally posted by proob4
IT"S HOMELAND SECURITIES FAULT! Where was they at? Did they protect BOSTON? ARE THEY EVEN NEEDED AT THIS POINT?

Isnt it funny how DHS and AIRPORT security have failed at all levels to stop ANYTHING

but yet they have to be so large, so much funding?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join