Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I see animated sequences when eyes are closed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I would look into something called Charles Bonnet Syndrome. Its symptoms are supposed to be somewhat similar to what you described.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I suppose another thing I could add, which I mentioned in another thread, is that I also see a motion when I'm relaxed enough that looks absolutely exactly like a radar sweep going in a circle, with the fading and all behind the sweep going around. It's more subtle than looking at a radar screen with a clean green light sweeping around but it's exactly the form it takes. Instead of bright green it's just another shade of dark red as my eyes are closed. Won't happen unless i'm very relaxed though.

These posts are interesting. Makes me curious how the brain does all these things, whether it's a medical condition or what.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacemanjupiter
I suppose another thing I could add, which I mentioned in another thread, is that I also see a motion when I'm relaxed enough that looks absolutely exactly like a radar sweep going in a circle, with the fading and all behind the sweep going around. It's more subtle than looking at a radar screen with a clean green light sweeping around but it's exactly the form it takes. Instead of bright green it's just another shade of dark red as my eyes are closed. Won't happen unless i'm very relaxed though.

These posts are interesting. Makes me curious how the brain does all these things, whether it's a medical condition or what.

I dont think its medical spaceman. I have seen things eyes open then I am directed to go "SIT DOWN" (never driving a car). I watch geometric shapes transform and change eyes closed. If observing this eyes open everything around the forms (real) are distorted, it is basic messaging and have yet to understand it. Crop circle recognition comes close to this experience, the geometry resonates on a very deep level. It has to involve a private key to/of awakening, very personalized. When it happens I pay close attention as the images/forms are not of this world, nor are the colors that are not of this world at all.
edit on 16-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Don't know if it is normal, paranormal or some condition but it is for sure fun and cool. I have closed eyes hallucionations since i can remember but they are most vivid when i am going trough rough patches.

I can see coulers and images almost always (images are most often eyes or faces and with little more concentration geometric shapes) but sometimes i see bouble coming and if focus on it becomes wider and wider and i can see things moving inside it, like watching cartoon. Once it seemed so real that i got scared of getting draged into it.

Binaural beats and music (especially psychodelia) seem to help it.

And one more thing that i noticed if i see lets say blue dot in middle even if i move my head it will stay at same position i mean if it is at center and i move my head left it will be at far right of my vision specter after i move head

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have always used this phenomena to help me sleep at night, even as a child. When I finally started asking friends and family if they do this, they thought I was nuts! Oh well.. Anyway, my phone is not allowing me to post a link, but look up "closed-eye hallucinations" in your search engine and click on Wikipedia. There is actually a good bit of information and even the various levels of this occurance. I usually see full color faces, people, places, etc. I'm only just beginning to learn about it, and why it happens. It's interesting reading of cultural beliefs regarding this phenomena... Anyway, good luck to you, and enjoy!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Captain Reynolds

What you have described is very interesting - it happens here too. Most people are too busy with thoughts all of the time and not many would be able to just see what is in front of their eyes because they are focused in the thought stream.
When I lay down at night to sleep I don't have thoughts and I stare into the dark - I say dark but it is not really 'dark' (eyes shut in dark room) - then pictures do start appearing. I was watching once and the moving patterns became clearer and it was a hummingbird eating out of a flower - amazing.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The wiring of the brain is so that it constantly generates 'noise'. With your eyes closed, the only input your visual system gets is that noise, which your brain then does it's best to try and make sense of. And like pareidolia, the noise is interpreted as random images or sequences.

Alternatively; it may be your anteriorposteriorquasitransdimensional-fluoride/general-heavy-metal ion-absorption activator-gland acting up, producing excessive amounts of trimethylbenzoephenylglycinetryptamine ethyl esters. Typically, a minimum of 8,5h/day of sungazing is indicated, but recommended against since the possibility of individual action against the estabilishment due to over stimulated anti-authoritarian hyperconsciousness.

Your call.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spacemanjupiter

Eyelid movies are very common under the influence of hallucinogens. One can see the darnedest things -- or so I hear.

I sometimes see residual images after I close my eyes, but not animation or stick figures. Are you looking at particular images before closing your eyes when you experience this phenomenon of yours?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Reynolds
I would look into something called Charles Bonnet Syndrome. Its symptoms are supposed to be somewhat similar to what you described.

This was my first thought too. I think the OP should get it checked out by a doctor. I first came across this syndrome in a book by Oliver Sachs called The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat (well worth a read). It's more common in elderly people. It's not a mental condition but is caused by damage to the eyes or optical pathways.
edit on 17/4/2013 by MarrsAttax because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Do the images move together with your head movements? Then logically those are not extrasensory visions or anything. I saw faces and monsters when I was little. Now i do too, just before falling asleep and everything. May be a transition to the astral planes or something. I do also see "energy" in the air. No, not those eye floaters, but a kind of background buzz.

I once played CS:S-Zombie Mod for 20 hours, and then, when I closed my eyes, my brain literally(!) generated random maps "in my head" when I had my eyes closed and I could see the gameplay clear as day.. then I went outside and I saw zombie claws in the leaves of trees :| That was scary and a long time ago.

Are you, by any chance, a gamer?
edit on 17-4-2013 by LatvianGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
]Originally posted by MarrsAttax

Originally posted by Captain Reynolds

marrsattax
This was my first thought too. I think the OP should get it checked out by a doctor. I first came across this syndrome in a book by Oliver Sachs called The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat (well worth a read). It's more common in elderly people. It's not a mental condition but is caused by damage to the eyes or optical pathways.

Stop it. You allopathic people always running for the stethiscope or earmometer rangerdanger mircoscope at one small observance different (uniquely different THEMSELVES) Have you heard of anything called "frequency raising", or this "you do not have to cut your arm off because you somehow papercutted your little finger or a standersby, get them them all in could be dangerous contamination. There are interesting things happening for a variety of people, not the ones laughing at Kafka's dream about waking up as a Roach, or William Burroughs "Naked Lunch" his typewriter did not eat him alive (dead for years already/corpse). REAL LIFE DRAMA here.
edit on 18-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join