It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sony advert contains Nazi ideologies. Why? Its Sony!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

Well by the looks of it you got 5 there, as its nothing to do with Japan.

But I think some of you need a history lesson of the rockefellors and the nazi's and the bush's too.

I get 4!

edit on 14/4/13 by multichild because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
There's an advertisement with blonde blue eyed girls and you call it Nazi. You have serious issues there buddy. Do you hate white people perhaps? Or you just can't stand to see a white person without a black or brown person balancing out the picture? Perhaps you should go and live in Africa or the Middle East, you would be very happy there I think. The sad thing is you are probably a white person with a propaganda fed guilt complex. The truth is, the video is not racist, you are.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Sony was started by some guy who had an electronics shop after the war, though i guess if you wanna grasp at straws you could say Rockefeller paid this guy to start a little store then pumped money into him to start 'SONY'. Hey its ats we draw lines and links between things where we want to right?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Umm, you need to see past the two girls on their own, and in any case they are twins.

There others parts to the advert that I have picked up on, so take a closer look.

Im no racist mate, and no good calling people racist for starting threads on these subjects, as its really not the issue being discussed.

The divide and conquer rule im well aware of

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by multichild
reply to post by Todzer

Well by the looks of it you got 5 there, as its nothing to do with Japan.

But I think some of you need a history lesson of the rockefellors and the nazi's and the bush's too.

I get 4!

I was making a joke regarding this laughable thread stating that there is Nazi ideologies in a Sony ad and I was responding to another poster....

But you just keep hunting those damn Nazi's, you'll get em all eventually

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I don't see anything "Nazi" just because the actors and the target audience might be white.

The post-World War II symbols are also much rejected by neo-Nazis in Germany (like the contemporary flag), and there's none of the rigid structure and focused music for the masses associated with Nazism.

Branding things "German" since my childhood has been more about associating a product with reliable technology. The flag thus somehow denotes that Asian products are so good that they get a German approval. It's probably a bit like putting an Italian flag on an African pizza box.

About half the advert also takes place in India during the festival of Holi, which makes it rather multicultural for supposed Nazism.

If I had to find a subliminal reading so far it would be more New Age.
Connections between some New Age prophets and individual Nazi beliefs have been made in the past.
Maybe I could be convinced further via such arguments.

In SA we also have adverts with mostly, or only black people, and I won't immediately say they're Mau Mau, and I guess in China they have adverts with Chinese people that aren't Maoist.

It's not an advert that will please neo-Nazis, however there could be a possible "Aryan" New Age philosophy in some interpretations.

I guess some Aryan philosophies predated the Nazis (who only took what suited them) and they did make connections between "Aryans" from India to Europe.
It's certainly more arty than "fascist", except that it wants to pull various peoples into a kind of colorful melting pot.
I think the Frankfurt School and others also pointed out that all post-War advertising was influenced by Nazi propaganda in some ways, as consumerism became the new fascism.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Thank you, I wasnt trying ot be racist with the post as I was only referring to an advert on TV.

The start is new age I agree, but the German connection is apparent and maybe a hint a nazi ideologies, but it certainly has a tilt towards aryan imagery, the rocket from nasa and ther german flag are there for a reason, and they do all tie up with post war germany, and its influence on the world after the war.

Im not racist by any means, and never intended it towards that line, but was just typing my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

reply to post by SteveR

Im no racist mate, and no good calling people racist for starting threads on these subjects, as its really not the issue being discussed.

Yes it is the issue being discussed. You brought up the blonde blue eyed girls and the blonde blue eyed boy. You called them Nazi visuals. That is despicable.

As for the rest of your post, it is just daft. The point of the advert is showing Sony's role in pivotal moments of history. Millions of Europeans watched the moon landings on television. The fall of the Berlin Wall also had worldwide TV coverage. Have we really come to the point where anything German or from a German perspective is Nazi? I don't think the Americans involved in the space race thought of it as a Nazi effort, nor did the millons of Germans pulling down that wall think it was something to do with Nazism either. Sony advertises to people all over the world. Get a grip.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by multichild

No worries, I never thought you were being racist.
Just putting things into perspective from my view, because the advert lacks some of the more traditional "fascist" elements, nevertheless there is something interesting about it.
I'm thinking more NWO ideals linked with a product in a way that make both seem desirable and normal.

Perhaps I could say that "fascism" tends to turn off critical thought and heightens appeals to emotions very quickly, be it religious or political, or mindless consumerism.

In that sense I see a long connection in styles of advertising going back to propaganda, because what we actually and factually hear about the product is minimal.
It's more a sense of breaking barriers (which my generation recalls with powerful symbols, like the Berlin Wall being hammered down - a flash of which is actually in the clip) and future promise.
In this sense Germany then also becomes a symbol of a reunited world.
Perhaps the last vestiges of the Cold War being reunited in future through communication.

Of course, that's an elitist communication, appealing to a certain class and age, and not everyone found the economic freedom to enjoy global travel just because the wall fell.

So it's the fascism of a corporation.
It's not just a product, but a social message that they have solved our problems and will solve them in future.
They're not just selling phones, they're virtually a religion or social movement.
That is corporate fascism, I suppose.
edit on 14-4-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Terminal1

My point being that they used 3 blonde blue eyed people, followed with twins, then the nasa rocket, then the german flag.

Im not seeing things, its there.

Sure its there. But what is it, and where is it? It is racism, and within you.

You're a racist.

Blond haired, blue eyed kids, are obviously nazis.

Well done. Bigotry at it's finest.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Reposting headlines seems to be the norm now, but this is the crazy conspiracy # that ATS needs!

Love it!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

It looks like you totally took the video advertisement out of context. I cannot see anything relating to about Nazis or any political in the video. There is the Berlin wall being torn down. But that is being marketed as history in the video because Sony wants to show the history of their products to mean something.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Whoa, back up a minute here.

Sony is a Japanese conglomerate with an American "division" (formed in 1960).

Where's all the proof that they're connected to Rockefellers, etc?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
wow, a waterproof phone

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

That is what I think about this thread.

Oh come on it is just an advert, I could find thousands of ads with blonde twins...are they all Nazis too?
edit on 14-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I watched in HD full screen. The closest blonde twin, from what I can tell in the fleeting glimpse of her eyes, was that they were hazel. Hard to tell, certainly am not for sure they are blue.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Baldryck

Must admit I paused and rewinded a few times when the twins came on

Rollerstating hot twins

edit on 14-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Nazi? How in the world does one come to that conclusion? A non Nazi Geman flag and some blonde people? Really? And Sony is and always has been Japanese period.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Where are the nazis?

Those 2 hot blondes are the new nazis? I can take care of those nazis if they upset you so much... I will really do that for you. Thats how much I care!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm not seeing anything NAZI about this video.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join