It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything You Need to Know So Far About the Gosnell Trial. The media blackout GRAPHIC!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I would say this is disturbing but imagine being the mom going in there who want to have a c-section hearing her baby crying only to be silenced...I can understand why the media wouldn't bring this up as abortion again would be front and center...there is a lot of blame to go all around which includes the people who were assisting during the sentencing of death...

I hope OP that you are posting this out of the genuine concern of a person and not to push the left or right debate...it's a human issue not a liberal or democrat....
edit on 15-4-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

This is not a political issue on its face. But it certainly illuminates the problems caused by those who have politicized it over the years. This particular clinic and other like it were not inspected for 17 years. Apparently at the request of the Governor of PA. Then there is the legal system and its definition of infanticide vs. homicide which has allowed this Dr. to escape further murder charges due to a 2 year statute of limitations on infanticide cases as opposed to no limit on homicide investigations....

It is certainly complicated. But it is the human component that needs to be front and center here. All of the humans that co conspired to take the lives of other humans in this clinic.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

I understand you are trying to make a point that women should use birth control, but do you know that even the most effective forms still hold at least 95% protection?

I'm also not against bc, but these products can still fail to prevent a pregnancy. It has happened, even to me.
That's why I highly advocate plan b pills.

But what about the women who have no access to plán b pills, or do not realize that they are pregnant until it's too late? Where would they fit in your view?

Perhaps abortion is the only solutioñ for them, instead of putting their potential children through the country's broken foster system.
It just irks me to no end that a thread anout an incompetent quack gets all the prolifers in a feeding frenzy. So grateful i had a miscarriage before i get called a murderer.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by kurthall

I understand you are trying to make a point that women should use birth control, but do you know that even the most effective forms still hold at least 95% protection?

I'm also not against bc, but these products can still fail to prevent a pregnancy. It has happened, even to me.
That's why I highly advocate plan b pills.

But what about the women who have no access to plán b pills, or do not realize that they are pregnant until it's too late? Where would they fit in your view?

Perhaps abortion is the only solutioñ for them, instead of putting their potential children through the country's broken foster system.
It just irks me to no end that a thread anout an incompetent quack gets all the prolifers in a feeding frenzy. So grateful i had a miscarriage before i get called a murderer.

Yes, by all means, due to technical difficulties we should condone the murdering of innocents.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

Because there is no law or precedent that states when life begins. If the pro-lifers decide to get their pro-lifer congressmen to pass when life begins, that would be a good arguement.

I still call this gross negligence and malpractice, instead of murder.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

"She said that he would 'crack' the neck after the head was out--when only the baby’s torso was still inside the mother--and then suction the brain matter out," the grand jury report described her testimony at one point.

This makes me think that he may not get a sentence as hard as he should, as the procedure described above is almost technically correct (from what I have seen about it yesterday).

More technicalities...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by bbracken677

Because there is no law or precedent that states when life begins. If the pro-lifers decide to get their pro-lifer congressmen to pass when life begins, that would be a good arguement.

I still call this gross negligence and malpractice, instead of murder.

Yes, by all means, our congress should determine when life begins??

So...an infant that is 8 months old and capable of surviving if birthed is aborted and killed. Is that not murder? What magical something occurred at birth that suddenly changes a fetus into a child (person)? Is it the severing of the cord? Does that magically create consciousness? Oh...wait, actually fetuses will respond to external stimuli much earlier....

So...when life begins is to be determined by a bunch of old men with political interests .....??

Does that sound ignorant and wrong, or what? Sounds positively stupid to me.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677
What magical something occurred at birth that suddenly changes a fetus into a child (person)? Is it the severing of the cord? Does that magically create consciousness?

I suppose it's breathing on their own, and that's why that kind of procedure (the killing of the baby) can be done legally if it's done before the head is out of the womb.

The way this guy did it is not legal.

PS: I do not know the laws, my comments are only based on what I have read since I first saw this thread.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

What magical something occurred at birth that suddenly changes a fetus into a child (person)? Is it the severing of the cord? Does that magically create consciousness?

I suppose it's breathing on their own, and that's why that kind of procedure (the killing of the baby) can be done legally if it's done before the head is out of the womb.

The way this guy did it is not legal.

PS: I do not know the laws, my comments are only based on what I have read since I first saw this thread.

I see...so breathing is the determining factor as to whether it is murder or an abortion. Not consciousness, not reacting to external stimuli...not any other determination or definition of life, but just breathing.

Breathing is not part of the definition of life, of what is living.

To make something cease to live, which was living is killing. Killing another human is called murder...plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Killing another human is called murder...plain and simple.

No, it's called homicide.

Murder is one type of homicide, once more, defined by the law makers.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Killing another human is called murder...plain and simple.

No, it's called homicide.

Murder is one type of homicide, once more, defined by the law makers.

The definition of murder by Merriam Webster: " the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought"

The definition of homicide: " a killing of one human being by another"

So abortionists are guilty of 1st degree homicide. The above abortionist is being tried for 1st degree murder.

Satisfied? Abortion may be allowed by law (an indictment of our society) which makes it homicide, but frankly, no matter which way you cut it, it is wrong.

I cannot understand how a supposedly enlightened society can condone the "homicide" of innocents.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This trial is as depressing as hell. It must be causing nightmares for those who must listen to all the grisly details.

Gosnell Trial Witness: Baby Abortion Survivor Was 'Swimming' in Toilet 'Trying to Get Out'
cnsnews.com...

I mourn for the aborted. You can say: "That's your problem."

Maybe it's your problem if you don't.
edit on 4/20/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
wow OP! I just stumbled across this thread and it's got me pretty emotional, i hate this topic but kudos for bringing this up. I don't watch tv so it was easy for me to miss this one, but still I'm ashamed abuses like this never get exposed on MSM.

After seeing the details and reading the testimony of this case I'm having a very hard time with our current government policy on abortion.

I'll be having nightmares I'm sure, so horrible this case must be for the jurors.

Thanks again jibeho for bringing this to our attention, you are a true citizen!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join