It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet more uk employment/slavery corruption.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat

Originally posted by CarbonBase
your from a country that smacked down the Romans, The Spanish, The French and the Nazi's! And in a certain way, your own selves! and even then, you still kicked off something pretty cool! Anyway, it's tea time here in abut 30 mins, So, I'm off to put the kettle on! Anyway, hope this day finds a moment that lightens your heart..

I have to correct you man. the Romans invaded most of Europe, including the UK. Our natives were celtic people, druids and there is no way we defeated the mighty Roman Empire..sorry that's not true..Modern Brits are descended from the Romans who took us over.. just like they took everyone else over. London is a roman named City etc.

The Spanish didn't get a chance to invade as the weather turned against them and all their armada sank before they got a chance to land on Briton, if they had of landed, who knows. But the Brits did not ever defeat the Spanish as such...it was bad luck that got the Spanish.

Also we didn't beat the French, they beat us. William the conqueror was from Normandy in France, as were all his soldiers, "the Norman's," i am a decedent of them. They killed the English king Harold and took over Briton in 1066 at the battle of Hastings. A fact British people don't like to remember.

As for the Nazis... lucky for us we had the English channel between us and continental Europe, something that did make it much harder for an invading army. If we had of been linked to Europe..have no doubt Hitler would have rolled right over us as well, we also had the states as allies etc. Sorry to smash your illusions of Briton, we did have an empire, the biggest on in history but we have been invaded repeatedly through history.
edit on 12-4-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

Do you know what?

Maybe if hitler did win the war, then the whole of europe MAY have been a better place
but im to young to voice an opinion cos i was not there (35)

You nor I would have known no better, how could we.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

You are spot on

When I was on the dole they would quite often tell me about a job, and that I MUST apply for it. I'd march straight down to the employment office and say "That job is FAKE". I'd then ask them to phone up and enquire about the job, thats when the conversation would end.
The vast mojority of jobs advertised are simply ads placed by employment agencies. Hundreds of people send in their CV's for each one and the employment agencies keep their databases full of potential slaves.
They knew this at the dole office, thats why the conversation always ended when I told them to make enquiries about the FAKE job.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

They really are like school children,
the bench dont agree so I will go with the flow..as long as i get a fat wage and pension feck the country.

And now here in the midlands, labour is taking big advantage of it
But i wont vote for a government thats on the same two sides of a coin.
Then again who do we vote?
Me feck them all whats the point in voting, its a voice thats oppressed

Tories have never got my vote and never will. Not voting Labour either, they are closet tories. And Libdems are too wet to be any use.

Gonna give UKIP my X next election.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
Maybe if hitler did win the war, then the whole of europe MAY have been a better place
but im to young to voice an opinion cos i was not there (35)

You nor I would have known no better, how could we.

I've often wondered that myself, after all, we only know what our corrupt leaders have allowed us to know.

History is always written by the winners.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

A couple of historical accounts incorrect.

The Romans conquered the majority of England, except for Cornwall. They didn't conquer Wales entirely and built a wall because they couldn't conquer Scotland.

USA didn't join the war until 1942. The Battle of Britain was won by then and that is what saved Britain from being invaded.

The Russians actually won WWII, they were the first to Berlin and they were the ones to raise their flag first.

But yes the rest spot on!!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

I haven voted in years, I see no point whatsoever, they are all the same.
I know nothing about ukip, should I vote for them?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by doobydoll

I haven voted in years, I see no point whatsoever, they are all the same.
I know nothing about ukip, should I vote for them?

I honestly dont know..
Maybe they have as much intel as the GreenPeace party or the BNP
Do a bit of studying on the UKIP maybe they are like the rest of the partys...
a TURD wrapped in silver foil with a bow.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Party politics destroy any real chance of democracy.

When politicians have to toe the party line, regardless of the wishes of their constituents, then it's a highway to hell, unfortunately.

Also, career politicians should be banned, 2 terms maximum I feel. Make them work for their constituents, not for 'The City'.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ok I'm an american and to be honest I don't know much about your Parliament but from they way you guys sound it would seem they are just like our government in some regards. They flood your country with immigrants who kill your employment opportunities or markets with cheap labor they then give these immigrants befits payed from your pockets while these people do not contribute, Identity thief is everywhere, Because of the large number of immigrants voting has become a nightmare and heavily favors one political party due to them catering to the new immigrants which almost outnumber the people who's families have been in the country for generations.

I'm I getting warm? Or I'm I completely off? Couple all that with a failing economy and the fact your political figures will not pass a budget to stop the bleeding and if they do its a joke. Add a sprinkle of laws that heavily favor these new immigrants in the work force over citizens that families have been in the country for generations.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

You are bloody well spot on sir/madam
It does seem like we have the same guvs.
Have to get some shut eye now while i have a bed to sleep in
good night digital and night night all
dave

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

The Romans conquered the majority of England, except for Cornwall. They didn't conquer Wales entirely and built a wall because they couldn't conquer Scotland.

USA didn't join the war until 1942. The Battle of Britain was won by then and that is what saved Britain from being invaded.

The Russians actually won WWII, they were the first to Berlin and they were the ones to raise their flag first.

well not as straightforward about that- if it was Russia V Germany, who knows how that would have played out, fact is the Germans were fighting a whole lot of fronts- no bugger won it in my opinion, too many rotting corpses and bereaved families in all the nations involved

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
Ok I'm an american and to be honest I don't know much about your Parliament but from they way you guys sound it would seem they are just like our government in some regards. They flood your country with immigrants who kill your employment opportunities or markets with cheap labor they then give these immigrants befits payed from your pockets while these people do not contribute, Identity thief is everywhere, Because of the large number of immigrants voting has become a nightmare and heavily favors one political party due to them catering to the new immigrants which almost outnumber the people who's families have been in the country for generations.

I'm I getting warm? Or I'm I completely off? Couple all that with a failing economy and the fact your political figures will not pass a budget to stop the bleeding and if they do its a joke. Add a sprinkle of laws that heavily favor these new immigrants in the work force over citizens that families have been in the country for generations.

Ah, so it is a Bilderberg plan!!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

spot on,

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

well not as straightforward about that- if it was Russia V Germany, who knows how that would have played out, fact is the Germans were fighting a whole lot of fronts- no bugger won it in my opinion, too many rotting corpses and bereaved families in all the nations involved

I was being ironic, sorry. I know Germany were fighting on two fronts, but the Russians broke through first.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply. Yes, Rome invaded lots of countries, they left behind lots of dazzling things, but they didn't 'stay' in Briton, so I can't count that as being a win for them. It got so bad, Hadrian had to build the wall when he found out 'What? there's more of them bad a**ses up there too?
! The peoples of Albion just wore them Romans out!

Spain - Guess we'll never know. After all, when it comes to Sea Power, at least in the Atlantic at the time, the British pretty much invented the entire concept. I guess the world will never know.

The Normans - I will have to take your analogy on that. Bon Jour Mon Ami, I descend from those ancient peoples myself, well at least on my Dad's side, My Mom came from the Blackfoot Nation. I would offer that even though the battle of Hastings was a win for the 'French', your culture inevitably dominated the invaders, again, they invaded but you kept your own mojo. Good for you.

The Nazis' - All you man. They didn't get a toe hold, because you have this peerless bunch of people known as the R.A.F. - Per Adura ad Astrum! The channel was nothing. Without air superiority, it was impassable. I believe you and some friends were able to demonstrate that to the Nazi's just a short while later.

Yes, you built a vast empire, and did your best to hold on to it. But you also were forward looking and innovative, and now what was once an 'empire' is now a 'commonwealth', everybody wins. You would be hard pressed to go anywhere on this planet (and now beyond) to find a place where Britons have not gone, and fought, and won, and lost, and left behind a few tales to tell.

I do not say these things because I have some romantic picture of what is 'British', but I did have the opportunity to live in Scotland for over three years, my wife was born there. And because you actually have a rail system that works (please come and run AMTRAK for us!
) I was able to immerse myself in some of the things that the British Isles have to offer, amongst which I cherish the most, the people of the isles themselves, and TOP GEAR, not the crappy U.S. version either!. Sure, we ran into the odd YABO now and then, but those guys are everywhere! Sometimes over a cup of tea, my wife will muse nostalgic about returning to Scotland to live, and I always say the same thing, when do we start packing?
I mean, come on, they have the chunnel now! Yes, we've all have our trials and tribulations, and am I'm sure, we'll have more, as we always do. I imagine if China hadn't gone whole scale Commie, and I had the chance to live there for some time, I could be writing this to a Chinese person (I would so love to visit China but I can't
I think were you are is not as important as the people your there with) The British isles are magical, as indeed it's people are.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I might get shot down here;

Do I think it's a bad thing getting people on benefits to work for their money? No, I honestly don't. If they're desperate enough, they'll do anything. What I wholeheartedly disagree worth, is the work they're doing. Cleaning caravans?! Why not fixing computers or plumbing or heck, engineering (an industry were crying out for)

I set anybody a challenge to apply for 100 jobs on the UK job centre website using a blank SIM card and brand new email address and then post their results. I guarantee they come back with the same outcome I did. Half the jobs don't exist, they're employment agencies harvesting information.

I'm employed, I have a Diploma, HND and a degree and am working in a decent profession and a decent wage. Guess what? My employers have never even asked to see my qualifications. Why? The same reason that the same week I got my job I was applying for VOLUNTARY positions in the same industry and still getting told a big fat no. Experience. Theory means nothing when it is experience that is required.

I believe these courses/degrees should be experienced based not theory based. 80% real world, 20% theory. I believe that I was the opposite.

Society is messed up and we have become increasingly more a "who you know" rather than "what you know" society.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottlpool2003
I might get shot down here;

Do I think it's a bad thing getting people on benefits to work for their money? No, I honestly don't. If they're desperate enough, they'll do anything. What I wholeheartedly disagree worth, is the work they're doing. Cleaning caravans?! Why not fixing computers or plumbing or heck, engineering (an industry were crying out for)

Because that would take work (profit) away from the corporations.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottlpool2003 "Why not fixing computers or plumbing or heck, engineering (an industry were crying out for)"

why not call it a job, and pay them a wage?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase

The Nazis' - All you man. They didn't get a toe hold, because you have this peerless bunch of people known as the R.A.F. - Per Adura ad Astrum! The channel was nothing. Without air superiority, it was impassable. I believe you and some friends were able to demonstrate that to the Nazi's just a short while later.

And yet if it weren't for politics it could have been very different. Professor Heinkel had completed the Heinkel HE-100 and it took the world speed record from the (Howard) Hughes HE-1 on March 30th 1939. It's speed? 463mph- when the Spitfire could only manage 250mph. It also had twice the range of the Messerschmitt 109. Luckily for us it never went into production. There are many theories as to why, but the most common one is politics. Heinkel wasn't a Nazi, but Willy Messerschmitt was. Therefore it was determined that Heinkel would build the heavy bombers and Messerschmitt would get the more lucrative fighter contracts (Hitler was not a great believer in heavy bombers).

The 8 or so HE-100s that were actually built were instead used in a very successful mis-information campaign, with reports of three factories producing them and various "leaked" photos of them painted in different squadron markings. British pilots even reported shooting them down, yet they never flew in combat, except to defend the Heinkel factory.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join