It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet more uk employment/slavery corruption.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The pic below is of a holiday village about 25 miles from where I live. Its a holiday village in a little town on the south coast (uk) known as Camber.

In the picture below you can see a large amount of holiday caravans. The owners of this site - Park Resorts - told the unemployment office they had some job vacancies.

Source Google maps.

FOUR HUNDRED - Yep! thats four hundred - four zero zero - unemployed were despatched to the site.

Unpaid, other than their normal benefits, they cleaned EVERY caravan on the site!
After they had finished the owners employed just eight people, each of them employed for just TWO DAYS per week.

So, not only did they get their entire site cleaned for free, but they would only offer two days employment per week for those lucky enough to be given a job.

Think about that!
If they had given FOUR people FULL time jobs there would be four people paying tax and therefore making contributions that would help keep our sinking country afloat, but instead eight people are given just two days per week.
They will not earn enough to pay tax and hence no contributions, but they'll be so poor they'll still need benefits to survive!

It's the people who still earn enough to pay tax that are funding this. It's your hard work that pays the benefits to these unfortunate job seekers that are being DELIBERATELY kept in a state of poverty so that they can be USED by these
morraly corrupt companies.

I noticed Halfords were advertising for three people to work in their local store and again each job vacancy was for two days, Tesco Asda And Sainsburies doing the same as well.

All you people who come into these threads slagging of the unemployed need to wake up fast because its you - YOU! who pay the wages of the employees of these morraly corrupt companies.

So what do you think of that then eh!
You pay the wages while the companies pocket billions.
Are you still gonna slag of the unemployed? or will you divert your insults and ridcule to where it ought to be aimed?

Welcome to Scamerons country, land of the slave, home of the stupid.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Government is to be blamed rather than companies. It is the duty of the publicly elected government to look after the citizens . It is not the job of privately owned companies to look after issues like 'employment' and 'poverty'.
And companies pay 'huge' amount of taxes too. Yes they may pocket billions of dollars but they are doing it legally. It is human instinct to crave for money and that is just what the company owners are doing. There is Nothing wrong in earning billions if you play by the rules.
edit on 12-4-2013 by MyLifeRocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
My g/f mother,

Just finished 6wks at pound land, working normal hours,

Only to be told in the nicest terms "ef of do not need you"

The system is turning into the stage of slave labour. Tescos being the main one.

Actualy it seems that its most american and overseas companys thats doctrinated this type of labour

I could say more but...im to scared

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Before you go on let me clue you into something...

Taxes are the problem not the solution. Taxes dont do anything but line the pockets of war profiteers, lying politicians, and corporations that already rule the world.

But besides that i agree with you that that is sickening and exactly whats wrong with the world. People just need to start giving back period instead of taking away. We are all just taking away from each other. We do it to ourselves.
edit on 12-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Welcome to England 2013.

The land of milk and honey. Where Government forces you to work for nothing and contest for a chance to get back onto the treadmill of working life. Where you can hold your head up high with dignity and labels removed, all because you are working on minimum wage and earning someone BIG profits. Profits that are stashed away in off shore accounts, not subject to corporation tax.

Most people want to work, but work for a living wage, where you don't have to rely on Government to subsidise your wages by being eligible for Housing Benefit or Working Tax credit.

Tories started this trend in the 80's, New Labour continued it, even expanding upon it and this Govenment certainly will not change it!!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I am ASHAMED of our government.

People have a right to be paid for work they do for goodness sake. Not a word from Cameron about sorting out this exploitation.

He doesn't seem to care that he is making himself and the tory party extremely unpopular - it makes me suspect that he doesn't fear being booted out come next election.

Maybe it has already been 'fixed' that they will win again.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

There is a crazy amount of "part time" jobs these days.

The promise of a job for life has more or less disappeared.

www.itv.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

There seems to be a new culture of job types emerging which will no longer offer long term financial security.
The promotion of this type of working pattern will add to the economic woe's of "Great Britan".

How, using the current financial check-ups supposedly in place are people to get a morgage? The government will make it easier...?

But people will likely struggle and default as living costs rise.

Part-time wages become more common place.

There has been talk of scrapping the minimum wage to make life easier for employers. Yes, I can see both sides of the argument.

www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9a961914-9b8b-11e2-a820-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2QHxcBwTa

And yet we have this -

m.bbc.co.uk...

and

m.guardian.co.uk...

Is this really justified? Double standerds really...

Back on topic.. More double standards -

www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/unemployed_people/jobseekers_benefit.html

Job programs that are pretty much a form of legal slavery.

I've been unemployed. I hateful it. Found it depressing. Being offered something like a work programme to help you get back into the swing of things sounds great. But when you start doing jobs that people would have been paid decent money to do a few years back, you realise that your adding to the vicious circle. Your unemployment can also cause future job losses in more wayside than one. If an employer gets on this scheme, they can get legal cheap labour. They will not have to employ full-time workers.

As touches upon by the OP, supermarkets create a lot of these part-time jobs. When a supermarket opened up in my area recently, part of the reason for allowing it to open was that it would create 150 new jobs... at the cost of three other local shops losing business with the inevitable closures looming over head like a bad cloud.

The thing is though... its better to have something than nothing. So we are really becoming slaves, since the majority will put in free extra hours/Work due to the fear of job loss.

Government and employers know this and use it to their advantage.

eee.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You do realize that this is the way they want it yeah?

Happens here in Australia as well.

Forced work through debt is still slavery... You just have a choice of where you want to work to "contribute" to society.
This way, they just hand out what is required to survive, not live... and then require those receiving these meager monies, to work where they want at truly slave labour rates.

You don't want to be a slave... get out of the system and don't accept the Governments money and requirements.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

That bastard David Camermoron is paid 140,000 pounds a year...
and the bastardo still cant get it right, what does that tell you
The man is not human, just like Maggie.

How the EF can these people think like this...Oh yeh i know
Rape the rest of the country and use that money to feck up london.

Do you wonder why us people from the midlands and northerners are so poor
cos them bastardos syphon of our money and pour it into GOOD OLD LONDON TOWN

What a Crock oh #e

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Look, it's the people who allow themselves to be exploited, who are at fault. Lets just get it straight. When i was finishing school at 16, that's a long time ago...they had something called "work experience"..or what most people would call unpaid slave labor. Well I was considered to be very talented at art (the best in the school in fact), but because the teachers favored some other kid, from a more middle class background, he got to do his work experience with a design firm..now that would be genuinely considered a worth while thing to do, because it could benefit a person in a future career, so you can honestly call that work experience..but they sent me off to stack shelves in...you guessed it...TESCO. I was told by my school if I didn't do it Id get in big trouble..so i turned up the first day, looked at the shop front, and just got straight on the very next bus. I just could not bring myself to be exploited like that, and that was a long time ago. 20 years ago. So Briton taking the p155 out of people is nothing new...whats disappointing is the fact so many allow themselves to have it done to them.
edit on 12-4-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Do you think any of the mainstream parties will get it right?

It's a Bilderberg plan.

I know people are sceptical about this particular organisation, but Cameron, Osbourne, Ed Milliband and Ed Balls are Bilderbergers.

You can hardly get a cigarette paper between their policies, Sure New Labour didn't go as far with reforming the Welfare system. Frank Field was tasked with doing this in 1997/98 and given the remit of thinking the unthinkable. When he briefed Blair on his recommendations, Blair bottled it because New Labour back benchers threatened a total revolt. As the Government was in it's infancy they couldn't risk it.

Decisions made behind closed doors without any press intrusion is what's driving the agenda. How dare these elected officials be attending these sort of meetings when they are accountable to us?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyLifeRocks
There is Nothing wrong in earning billions if you play by the rules.

Buts thats a big part of the problem, the corporations are so big and powerful they can tell the lawmakers what rules they need to increase their proffits even more!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Tescos ? is that like the the UK Wal-Mart? Know about that, worked for them for 5 years, nice folks, EVIL management practices. Yeah, things are sucking all over, but what are you gonna do? Hope things get better for you soon. And you should say more, don't be scared! I mean after all, your from a country that smacked down the Romans, The Spanish, The French and the Nazi's! And in a certain way, your own selves! and even then, you still kicked off something pretty cool! Anyway, it's tea time here in abut 30 mins, So, I'm off to put the kettle on! Anyway, hope this day finds a moment that lightens your heart..

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There are some countries out there, where Im sure the people would not take this cr4p. I mean for all the negative comments British people make about the French, can you honestly imagine French people working for nothing? I cant, what I can imagine is them ...and I mean millions of them..protesting on the streets if their Government even dared pull the kind of cr4p the British government pull and have repeatedly pulled over the years..Even look at how many holidays French workers had been getting compared to British ones...I know a French guy and he filled me in on the french benefit system, employment rules and all the rest of it...there is no way on earth people in a lot of countries would stand for the treatment British people bend over and take. There is something fundamentally flawed with our national psyche. We have a long record of taking abuse.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I worked as a temp for a few years, and most companies would tell the agency they had a job vacancy with a title like 'Sales ledger Clerk' and they'd say there might be a permanent job after six weeks for the right person. So you go along and you think you're there to do the sales ledger job, but no they have some really awful job that everyone else in the company thinks is beneath them (in my case I was sent into a freezing cold warehouse on my own, no other people there and left alone all day up a ladder doing a stock take that no one else wanted to do). After two days the job was complete and the staff say wow you were quick, go on home we'll see you tomorrow. You get home, and the agency call to say the company have phoned them to say they don't want you back because you were too quiet and didn't make any attempt to get along with their staff! Of course the truth is they only wanted you to do the job nobody else wanted to do, but didn't want to be honest with the agency in case they couldn't get anyone to do it in the future. I unfortunately had a few jobs like that, but I also found some decent companies where I did get a permanent job. Companies are unscrupulous, and the system allows them ways to shaft people who are looking for work or experience. Work experience is another one of the ways companies can get stuff done obody else wants to do with little or no payment. When I was fifteen I had to do the school work experience thing, I ended up in the works department of a local council where I spent two weeks doing all the photocopying and filing no one else wanted to do. They really worked me into the ground in that two weeks.

Now the government make people on benefits go and do work for free so companies won't pass up the chance to use and abuse someone for its own gain.

In my area most jobs are advertised as for graduates only. This is because the government are paying the wages of graduates for the first six months of employment, and also it's a sneaky way of getting around the age discrimination law because the vast majority of graduates are going to be in their early 20s.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

They really are like school children,
the bench dont agree so I will go with the flow..as long as i get a fat wage and pension feck the country.

And now here in the midlands, labour is taking big advantage of it
But i wont vote for a government thats on the same two sides of a coin.
Then again who do we vote?
Me feck them all whats the point in voting, its a voice thats oppressed

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
There is another aspect related to this topic. But kind of a rant on my behalf.

The statistics for currently available jobs.

Here is a familiar page to people who may be unemployed -

www.gov.uk...

Magic. Job basket. Shopping for jobs. Really?

Anyway, you can do a job search on this site and find the usual "telemarketing" jobs. Selling miss-sold PPI, Creating leads for insurance firms and other sales related work.

You can find that the same job will be posted multiple times. It'll have the same Refrence number.
This is the same for other job sites. Yet they will all advertise the total jobs listed in the thousands.

Jobs offering zero hour contracts, self-employed status with the use of own vehicle etc.. These are rise.

The amount of job agencys in my local city are crazy. Each of these agencys advertise the same jobs as the rest, and are all at the same location.

The job market in total is not very good.

eee.
edit on 12/4/13 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire because: Usual grammatical errors.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
this workfare crap is community service by another name.

ergo, you are being treated like criminals because you are unemployed. which is the governments fault in the first place.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
Look, it's the people who allow themselves to be exploited, who are at fault. Lets just get it straight. When i was finishing school at 16, that's a long time ago...they had something called "work experience"..or what most people would call unpaid slave labor. Well I was considered to be very talented at art (the best in the school in fact), but because the teachers favored some other kid, from a more middle class background, he got to do his work experience with a design firm..now that would be genuinely considered a worth while thing to do, because it could benefit a person in a future career, so you can honestly call that work experience..but they sent me off to stack shelves in...you guessed it...TESCO. I was told by my school if I didn't do it Id get in big trouble..so i turned up the first day, looked at the shop front, and just got straight on the very next bus. I just could not bring myself to be exploited like that, and that was a long time ago. 20 years ago. So Briton taking the p155 out of people is nothing new...whats disappointing is the fact so many allow themselves to have it done to them.

Hya

It was called the YOUTH TRAINING SCHEME
In my day it was also known as "Young Thick and Stupid"

Work for ef all, and you may get something out of it.
Its not changed except the name

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase
your from a country that smacked down the Romans, The Spanish, The French and the Nazi's! And in a certain way, your own selves! and even then, you still kicked off something pretty cool! Anyway, it's tea time here in abut 30 mins, So, I'm off to put the kettle on! Anyway, hope this day finds a moment that lightens your heart..

I have to correct you man. the Romans invaded most of Europe, including the UK. Our natives were celtic people, druids and there is no way we defeated the mighty Roman Empire..sorry that's not true..Modern Brits are descended from the Romans who took us over.. just like they took everyone else over. London is a roman named City etc.

The Spanish didn't get a chance to invade as the weather turned against them and all their armada sank before they got a chance to land on Briton, if they had of landed, who knows. But the Brits did not ever defeat the Spanish as such...it was bad luck that got the Spanish.

Also we didn't beat the French, they beat us. William the conqueror was from Normandy in France, as were all his soldiers, "the Norman's," i am a decedent of them. They killed the English king Harold and took over Briton in 1066 at the battle of Hastings. A fact British people don't like to remember.

As for the Nazis... lucky for us we had the English channel between us and continental Europe, something that did make it much harder for an invading army. If we had of been linked to Europe..have no doubt Hitler would have rolled right over us as well, we also had the states as allies etc. Sorry to smash your illusions of Briton, we did have an empire, the biggest one in history (and it is debatable as to how hard it was to defeat tribal people in Africa and India with spears etc, when our army had muskets and organisation) but we have been invaded repeatedly through history.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join