It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You realise we are all a dead spiecies now dont you.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
TPL

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I honestly think that Iran will be the first to be consumed by Bush. I'm not sure if we could handle North Korea right now.

Eventually, the Middle East will be part of America. Israel already is

Agreed, Iran is surrounded East and West by the US, just fill in the gap once/if Iraq is stabilised

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
"But because kerry supports gay marriage, they could not vote for him."

I thought Kerry was against gay marriage but supports civil unions?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Invading China?

Wow...our apparent President might not be too smart, but some people on this board make him look like freaking Einstein.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by angel_ray
"But because kerry supports gay marriage, they could not vote for him."

I thought Kerry was against gay marriage but supports civil unions?

- and it's all such a really serious pressingly important issue for the average straight person, isnt it!?

Jayzuss wept.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

What?

The poster was correct. The US is a representative Republic, not a true democracy.

"And to the Republic, for which it stands, one nation..."

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
For once Rust and I agree.

That in itself is one sign of the apocalypse

I see what everyone means, what's Bush got to lose, America can't vote him out next election as he can't stand for office.
Iran will come before any other country due to Iran's border with Iraq, enabling easy entry into the country if needed. Although i doubt America can afford (military and financially) to invade Iran, the most likely situation is the joint (allied with Israel) bombing of military and nuclear facilities in Iran.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

What?

The poster was correct. The US is a representative Republic, not a true democracy.

"And to the Republic, for which it stands, one nation..."

How do you define true democracy? Is there any country in the world that got that? Every country with democracy got the representiv modell.

US is representiv democracy..and the representivs are the presidents, senators etc etc..

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I realize that..just that your reply of "What?" indicated that you may not have realized that we are a Republic...just wanted to clear it up is all.

I'd imagine that if asked directly, "Is the US a Republic, or a Democracy?", 9 out of 10 Americans would say "Democracy", but technically, they'd be incorrect.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I agree completely with Skadi, the gay marriage issue turned out to be the real poll mover (such a shame). We are so screwed

Skadi and WorldWatcher I am standing next to you....baffeled and amazed, sick to my stomech about the election results.

I went to the polls to vote against Bush, first time Ive ever not voted Green Party........I took a stand and went democrac this time. I voted against the ban on gay marraige, believing ALL PEOPLE WERE CREATED EQUALL.................I know stronger couples with moral values that are gay then all my divorced and runnin around hetro friends who leave the kids with babysitters.
To say the least I am SHOCKED to my core about the election outcome..............HOW did THIS happen??????????

The ONLY answer has GOT to be the religious fanatics voting against gay marraige........

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I realize that..just that your reply of "What?" indicated that you may not have realized that we are a Republic...just wanted to clear it up is all.

I'd imagine that if asked directly, "Is the US a Republic, or a Democracy?", 9 out of 10 Americans would say "Democracy", but technically, they'd be incorrect.

Lame answer from me "what?"
I'll be clearer next time trying to bring more substanse to the thread..

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kollapse

Originally posted by FlyersFan

[that have made it possible for economic interrest grow stronger then the democray it self.

America is a Republic. We are not a Democracy.

What?

You act surprised by this... Yes we are a Republic and not a Democracy. This has been discussed a bigillion times already. Republic, republic, republic.

edit: sorry, late addition... I'm getting some serious nasty lag on my end.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by veritas93]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by veritas93

Originally posted by FlyersFan

[that have made it possible for economic interrest grow stronger then the democray it self.

America is a Republic. We are not a Democracy.

What?

You act surprised by this... Yes we are a Republic and not a Democracy. This has been discussed a bigillion times already. Republic, republic, republic.

edit: sorry, late addition... I'm getting some serious nasty lag on my end.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by veritas93]

Well you can post it one million times, I will still claim that US is based on a political theory called democracy.
Yes, the country is a Republic but still a democratic country

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
ahaha I love it go GWB after we rename iraq to newTexas then we can take iran and call it Oklahoma ahahaha lmao...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
If Bush wins the world will not end. The fires of hell will not engulf the world. The sky isn't going to turn black. Babies will not spontaneously die. Your grandmother's heart will not randomly fail. People's arms aren't going to fall off. People blow stuff way out of proportion.

Ah, a voice of reason- in the storm.

? GWB is characterized as a blithering-idiot et al....
? the NWO is obiquely leading the populations down sinister paths...
? GWB & JFKerry, are bonesmen figureheads for this occult NWO...

& your all in mourning, and self-flaggelation at the outcome??

sheeze--- its' past bud30...i'll toast to that!....Skoal!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf [\i]
half wit Christian fundamentalists

First off anyone making a remark like this towards any other group would have gotten a warning.

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf [\i]
It is msot disturbing to me, that above the other more pr4essing issues, record number of voters turned out to vote against gay marriage.

I know of people, who agreed with Kerry on most Everything, but voted for Bush because of gay marriage.

Thats what drew so many half wit Christian fundimentalists out of the rocks and caves to vote, otherwise, they would have stayed at home.

Secondly, I would like to know where you got this. I may not be a fundamentalist Christian, but I am a Christian, and still did not vote for Bush. I have spoken with many other Christians that felt the same way I did, and also voted for Kerry.

No one that I have ever spoken with, that did support Bush, ever brought up gay marriage as a reason for it. The main reason that I have come across is that most believed that Kerry could not make a decision and stick with it. That he talked a big game, but never came through with his actions.

Or is this just a good time to get a few slaps in on the much hated Christians?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I guess we are all going to die from ELEPHANTITIS, dab nabbit!

It makes me SICK,SICK,SICK,SICKER,SICK,SICKEST, BLAH- WHAT A MESS !!!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Yes its a sad day for those of us who cherish the air we breath and the water we drink.

Let's wait and see if the retarded cowboy can clean up his own mess before he's impeached or assasinated.

Everything you do comes back to you 3 times fold. He will get it in the end and everyone who did vote for Bush will be feeling ripped off.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by favouriteslave]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Am from the UK and can�t believe that Bush has got back in again; I know that Politicians are crooks but Bush takes the biscuit and more. But what really annoys me is the American people, I�ve seen in many forums where people often say don�t blame us blame the government but these same people have let back in the same President!!

I have known about America now for at least 20yrs and my opinion of them has dropped dramatically. What has happened to your great country or was the world just conned all these years by the bull # and I have just only woke up to it?

That was my opinion!

God help us a super power has gone MAD

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
If Bush wins the world will not end. The fires of hell will not engulf the world. The sky isn't going to turn black. Babies will not spontaneously die. Your grandmother's heart will not randomly fail. People's arms aren't going to fall off. People blow stuff way out of proportion.

How do you know! It just might happen!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Well you can post it one million times, I will still claim that US is based on a political theory called democracy.
Yes, the country is a Republic but still a democratic country

Well, we are only a democracy when it comes to electing those that represent us. We are not however a democracy when it comes to deciding how our country is run. I know it's a worn out quotation, but I think that this best describes why the founding fathers chose the format of a Repulic over that of a Democracy...

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Ben Franklin-

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join