It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Pollution Absorbed By Flowers Is One Major Cause Of Bumblebee Decline New Research Finds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Bumblebees, and variety of wild pollinating insects are in severe decline.
Scientists are in urgent research to understand why as much as half of certain bee
populations are dying off, and have discovered through new research that metal contamination,
specifically aluminum and nickel present on the flowers that bees forage on have
a fatal effect, as well as interferring with the insects instincts.

"The Effects Of Aluminum And Nickel In
Nectar On The Foraging Behavior Of Bumblebees”

the study finds that bumblebees are at risk of ingesting toxic amounts of
metals like aluminum and nickel found in flowers
www.news.pitt.edu...

The aluminum contamination is especially detrimental to the Bumblebees, as it is
present in higher concentrations, and it is thought that the bees do not sense its presence,
continuing to forage on the aluminum laden blossoms after being desensitized to it

“It’s unclear why the bees didn’t sense the aluminum,” said Meindl. “However, past studies
show that the concentrations of aluminum found throughout blooms tend to be higher than
concentrations of nickel. This suggests that the bees may be more tolerant or immune to its presence.”

Use of certian pesticides have been linked to CCD, and now Aluminum
is implicated as a factor in bee mortality, as well, it is likely plays a role in
how and why bees are getting lost, and do not find thier way back to the hives.

“Beyond leading to mortality, these metals can interfere with insect taste perception,
agility, and working memory — all necessary attributes for busy bumblebee workers.”
PlanetSave.com

So the bees are wiped out of existence
with a double potion of toxins, pesticides and metals!

What is curious is while we know that certain classes of pesticides have been put into use
in the last decade, heavily associated with GMO crops, it is not clear why the
aluminum and nickel contamination has a recent impact, automoblies and
industrial factory waste are not new in any sense.

Bee decline is at an all time high, up to 50 percent of bees, bumblebees and other
wild pollinators, all facing a plight of survival. With this recent study, this would
also seem to cast further doubt on the safety in using nano particles of Aluminum to geoengineer the atmosphere (SRM) to counter
supposed "AGW"

This is a major development in the plight of the bees, I hope that
other members here can discuss this, and present their thoughts and ideas.

An abstract of the study "The Effects Of Aluminum And Nickel In
Nectar On The Foraging Behavior Of Bumblebees”

is here apinews

NatureWorldNews
edit on 11-4-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
S&F
Excellent thread thank you
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Interesting theory, I guess we can compare this to the DDT exposure that happened decades ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
S&F

This is huge.

My concern, is that no matter how much proof is presented, nothing will be done about it. It seems there is an agenda in place with GMOs that will NOT be disrupted. No matter what. Hmmmm....I would think that perhaps this was already a known outcome??? Now that would open up even more avenues for consideration.

On an even grander scheme, how might this study apply to humans and alzheimers? I know there has long been thought a connection to alluminum build-up in the brain and this disease. I have always believed that we can see and apply what is happening in the animal world, to that of humans.

Alzheimer's and Aluminum
edit on 11-4-2013 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

On an even grander scheme, how might this study apply to humans and alzheimers? I know there has long been thought a connection to alluminum build-up in the brain and this disease. I have always believed that we can see and apply what is happening in the animal world, to that of humans.

Hi Westcoast,

Yes, indeed, there is certainly something going on! Many studies have shown that
there are high concentrations of Aluminum found in the mountains, where is it
coming from? How is Aluminum making its way into the brambles away from roads,
in the wild where bumblebees are foraging? This is the million dollar question!

I shudder to think of the future if something is not done, with the GMO, the pesticides,
and now the metals, this is no small matter, when the bee scientists say up to 50%
bee decline, and other wild pollinators are dying off too, the Monarch butterfly,
bats, etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Thanks, awareness is a large part of the battle.

reply to post by RedShirt73

And, now Monsanto plans to use 2,4-d as a pesticide, as the overuse of Round Up (glycosphate)
has caused resistance in the pests it was designed to eradicate.

Monsanto!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Here is something interesting that I think is relevant voices.yahoo.com...
www.nature.com...
homeopathtyler.wordpress.com...
It's about plants and trees that absorb toxins. I think it would be wise to have a few of these around bee colonies and what not to help keep the soil clean. They would also be useful along stream banks to help with erosion as well as toxins draining into the water system.
edit on 11-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Thank you for the links! Bioremiation is key to reversing this trend,
nature has a cure hopefully!
Lets hope we as a collectitve are smart
enough to employ them!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Aluminium...don't know if it still is, but it used to be in deoderants. I found that out when I was 20 (30 years ago) and haven't used it since then. My mum bless her had a big aliminium cook pot with an extra steamer bit on top. I had already left home for uni by the time she started using it. Anyway, I used to tell her to get rid of it. My mum is in the last stages of dementia at 91. My grandmother also had one and she too died of dementia.

I hate the stuff and try and avoid it like the plague.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I think you slipped and pushed the 2 instead of the 1. Just sayin

Aluminum is in a lot of things. A form of it is sprayed into our atmosphere. I often wrap my food in it too.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks for the heads up. I have noticed that each year the number of honey bees and bumble bees as well as wood bees are declining. We have these wonderful shaded walks lined with flowers of every sort and I am used to being challenged at every bush by the guard bees. I could sit on my deck and watch them fight pitched battles for the control of a bush that is flowering. Now I am lucky to see the odd one or two over the whole complex.

The number of honeybees I have seen, yes actually seen (so far) this spring I can count on my fingers. A couple of Bumblebees too, establishing their nests. Thats when they get territorial and buzz you when you walk by. They are so fierce I have to wear a hat to swipe at them with.

Not this year. Of course I keep telling myself that this is an aberration...

or I am not paying attention enough...

we do use a lot of pesticides and herbicides here as well...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Aluminum is in a lot of things. A form of it is sprayed into our atmosphere. I often wrap my food in it too.

Sorry, "2 instead of 1"....I don't understand...please explain

As to aluminium foil...never ever use the stuff.

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 11-4-2013 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I thought according to some group of people that there is no such thing as pollution and earth will heal itself etc etc.... and human can do no damage to earth.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I would love to know where the funding for this research came from. It sounds like this might be Monsanto slipping out of responsibility yet again. By the way SRM is only a feasible solution to the people that deny there's a problem, they call it a for profit solution, while still denying there's a problem.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Maybe the alluminum is part of it but I can recal a study done about ten years ago about the bees and the effects of all the cell phone usage could be a possible link.

Maybe the combination of the two now are having a bigge effect.

Any thoughts on this?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander
Maybe the alluminum is part of it but I can recal a study done about ten years ago about the bees and the effects of all the cell phone usage could be a possible link.

Maybe the combination of the two now are having a bigge effect.

Any thoughts on this?

I am no scientist, but they used aluminium foil stuff during WWII to block radars so planes couldn't be detected. Now is it possible with the increase over the years of microwaves/wi-fi etc, that to make these 'systems' work thay have had to increase the aluminium in the sky? I know this sounds like that HAARP thing....but not knowing the full ins and outs of modern technology would this be a possibility, hence the link between cell phones and the aluminium?
I hate to say this, but to me it seems that there has been a correlated increase in world wide use of celphones and dare I say it chemtrailing/geoengineering.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel

Originally posted by kimish

Sorry, "2 instead of 1"....I don't understand...please explain

As to aluminium foil...never ever use the stuff.

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 11-4-2013 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

I meant "3 instead of 1"... It was a compliment. Meaning 10 years ago, not 30.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Wow, I'm really surprised you guys don't know this. The Aluminum is in the rain, it comes from the weather modification Chem trails.

Rather than explain it I will post this link below. I am very aware that this is factual and real. It is killing maple trees here in Washington state and also makes outdoor gardening difficult.

youtu.be...

please watch the video, it's important to know

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FarmerX

Yeah, I kinda mentioned it in my second post. We're breathing it in. along with other metals and what not. they're everywhere, even in the water we drink. "spring" water sold in bottles at the store comes from a tap, there are metals that are leached into it, etc.

Thank you for the link though, it does more justice than someone just saying "you breathe it in everyday".
edit on 11-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Yes, indeed, there is certainly something going on! Many studies have shown that
there are high concentrations of Aluminum found in the mountains, where is it
coming from? How is Aluminum making its way into the brambles away from roads,
in the wild where bumblebees are foraging? This is the million dollar question!

The million dollar answer is going to be that aluminum is the most abundant element in the Earth's crust, right behind oxygen and silicon. It's EVERYWHERE, naturally. You can't get away from it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join