It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates Backs Climate Scientists Lobbying For Large-Scale Geoengineering

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Bill Gates Backs Climate Scientists Lobbying For Large-Scale Geoengineering

www.guardian.co.uk

A small group of leading climate scientists, financially supported by billionaires including Bill Gates, are lobbying governments and international bodies to back experiments into manipulating the climate on a global scale to avoid catastrophic climate change.

The scientists, who advocate geoengineering methods such as spraying millions of tonnes of reflective particles of sulphur dioxide 30 miles above earth, argue that a "plan B" for climate change.....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
times247.com
coto2.wordpress. com
coto2.files.wordpress.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Geo-engineering Trial Follows In US Slipstream
The Powerful Coalition That Wants To Engineer The World's Climate
edit on 6-2-2012 by burntheships because: format

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
No suprise to find Bill Gates coffers open with this agenda.

Whistleblowers say this is already happening in
The U.S. and Canada.

Throughout the continental US, dozens of tanker and other aircraft are daily applying thousands of gallons of aerosol nano-particulates that serve several objectives, including the purported ability to reflect UV radiation. Similar operations are being conducted in Canada and parts of Europe source

Matthew Andersson, of Indigo Airlines
Founder, Aviation veteran and University of
Chicago graduate.
en.wikipedia.org...

Skeptics focus on the laymans term "Chemtrails" as it is associated with amateur conspiracy theorists.

Geoengineering scientists, and writers prefer the term ‘persistent contrails’
to describe the phenomenon since all contrails are chemtrails.
( Wow does that worn out debate
sound very familiar!
yah! )

Opposing Scientists assert that “manipulation of climate through modification of Cirrus clouds is neither a hoax nor a conspiracy theory.” Its “fully operational” with a solid sixty-year history. “Hostile” environmental modification was banned by UN Convention in 1978, its “friendly” use today is ongoing.

“In recent years there has been a decline in the support for weather modification research, and a tendency to move directly into operational projects.”

~World Meteorological Organization, 2007 coto2.wordpress.com...

But now they want to do this worldwide, and if the governments refuse to pay,
it looks like thats not going to save us!

We are going to be forced to breathe this garbage.
Just like the GMO foods agenda ....

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-2-2012 by burntheships because: format

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Don't worry, they are just contrails,
nothing to see here.

But yeah, these things have been blatant for awhile now, the hoax is still trendy, so I dunno how many people will pay attention to this, thx for the info!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm not happy to read this. If you don't know what is happening and how it fits into the Big Picture, attempting to change it, could lead to the old adage "out of the frying pan and into the fire".

It is my belief that the Earth is greater than humans and has balanced itself since the beginning. We are undergoing a natural cycle in the over all cycles. Adjust.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's ALREADY happening.

As always, when the government tells you they want approval for something or are planning something, it has already been done for years beforehand.

This is ALWAYS the case in big projects like this.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
thats all we need. wise guys with enough money to be dangerous with mother nature.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Peer reviewed studies, large scale operation discussions, necessity for implementation, funding....well this is a lot to read through with all the links, but I look forward to it and some critique from fellow members(except from that featherless chicken guy:lol
Thanks for bringing this onboard!

I am sifting through looking for delivery system ideas, to see if there are any discussions of using planes bigger than a Cessna. This thread describes my personal suspicion about the trail phenomenon. It's not the gov trying to harm us, but rather they want to address SRM. Naturally there would be big money in this too for contractors(private and gov) including chemical industry. So big money and saving the planet? Sounds like enough motive to me for geo engineering efforts.
I think this should be in geo engineering forum maybe too.

spec

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Bizarre indeed!

To think that the world finds itself subjected to powerful peoples agenda to trash this planet
by way of "propietary" climate engineering is just too much! Have they not done enough damage
with GMO crops, and now need to fully ruin and contaminate the atmosphere?

Whatever happened to the idea that they were going to carry out extensive experiments?

"We will need to protect ourselves from vested interests [and] be sure that choices are not influenced by parties who might make significant amounts of money through a choice to modify climate, especially using proprietary intellectual property," said Jane Long, director at large for the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in the US, in a paper delivered to a recent geoengineering conference on ethics.

"The stakes are very high and scientists are not the best people to deal with the social, ethical or political issues that geoengineering raises," said Doug Parr, chief scientist at Greenpeace. "The idea that a self-selected group should have so much influence is bizarre."

$4.6m from Gates for David Keith to run the Climate and Energy Research, an he is the president
and majority owner of the geoengineering company Carbon Engineering. (Hello, Climate Gate ??? )

According to financial statements, additionally Keith gets an undisclosed sum from
Bill Gates each year.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

It is my belief that the Earth is greater than humans and has balanced itself since the beginning. We are undergoing a natural cycle in the over all cycles. Adjust.

Exactly, and many scientists whole heartedly agree with you, thing is...

Where is the money in that! These whores are going to rape this planet for every
last buck they can get away with, con men, and con artists!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I know what this will lead to.

'scientist F up the climate'

Reaction from scientists:
'sorry, wir haben es nicht gewusst'

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
No suprise to find Bill Gates coffers open with this agenda.

Whistleblowers say this is already happening in
The U.S. and Canada.

Throughout the continental US, dozens of tanker and other aircraft are daily applying thousands of gallons of aerosol nano-particulates that serve several objectives, including the purported ability to reflect UV radiation. Similar operations are being conducted in Canada and parts of Europe source

Matthew Andersson, of Indigo Airlines
Founder, Aviation veteran and University of
Chicago graduate.
en.wikipedia.org...

This is from a letter to the editor, not any actual research - - background on the letter, the writer & the claim

If the writer has this proof then where are these "dozens of tanker aircraft" based? What are they spraying? Who is supplying it? How does someone running a small charter outfit know about it but no-one else does?

It is easy to write that something is happening - but what should be obvious and copious actual evidence has never actually appeared - this single letter, with no verifying information, is like every other chemtrail claim.

There certainly is research being done into geo-engineering, and a lot of people think it will almost certainly happen - but there isn't actually a single bit of verifiable evidence that it is being done now.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
It's ALREADY happening.

As always, when the government tells you they want approval for something or are
planning something, it has already been done for years beforehand.

Nailed it,
yep!

Thats standard operationg proceedure isn't it!

If they had no idea how this worked, do you think they would start worldwide with some
scheme like this?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

This is from a letter to the editor, not any actual research -

What like is that your BLOG? What am I supposed to say about BLOGS???

Anyone can write a BLOG.

Yes, a letter to the editor of the Financial times, by the owner of Indigo Airlines.
en.wikipedia.org...

He says that the operations are carried out using the methods outlined in
Edward Tellers paper: Prospects For Physics-based Modulation Of Global Change
Here:

Osti.Gov Bridge

Osti.Gov Bridge

And a second paper by Teller here:

www.geoengineeringwatch.org...

Further mentions of Tellers research here:
www.etcgroup.org...

And the concept of the Space Shade can be found here, on Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-2-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
It's not the gov trying to harm us, but rather they want to address SRM.

Thanks for dropping in Spec,

I happen to agree, there have been experiments in the past where they have used bio
warfare on citizens for whatever nefarious reasons they rationalized...

But the large scale scheme here is twofold, as I see it.

First and foremost is a new way to establish a billions of dollar industry,
using propietary methods, patented reaseach etc.

Here are a few patents...
Method of modifying weather

United States Patent 6,315,213 / Cordani / November 13, 2001
Polymer dispersed into the cloud...

Method and apparatus for altering a region in the earth’s atmosphere, ionosphere, and/or magnetosphere

United States Patent 4,686,605 / Eastlund / August 11, 1987

Process for absorbing ultraviolet radiation using dispersed melanin

United States Patent / 5,286,979 / Berliner / February 15, 1994

Liquid atomizing apparatus for aerial spraying

United States Patent / 4,948,050 / Picot / August 14, 1990

United States Patent / 4,412,654 Yates / November 1, 1983

ROCKET HAVING BARIUM RELEASE SYSTEM TO CREATE ION CLOUDS IN THE UPPER ATMOSPHERE

United States Patent: – US3813875 / Issued/Filed Dates: June 4, 1974 / April 28, 1972

pub8.ezboard.com...

And as for the aircraft, take a look at the Indigo Airlines page on Wikpedia,
lots of clues there.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

S&F

I read the article earlier this morning and was gonna post it myself but you beat me to it.

I think SRMGI is what we need to be keeping an eye on.

srmgi.org

I kept looking for exactly what the "techniques" are for implementing SRM and what they are.

Well ...short of going in circles....they don't want to put it in text for you.

BUT....if you watch the short little clip in the ^above link you will see what "techniques" they are talking about.

They mention of few and then say those few wouldn't have enough impact ....then they mention the last technique which ..... you guessed it....... is using PLANES to spray Aerosols.

....good stuff.

The end is near for a certain group of debunkers.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

This is from a letter to the editor, not any actual research -

What like is that your BLOG?

nope.

What am I supposed to say about BLOGS???

Anyone can write a BLOG.

Indeed - and anyone can write a letter to the editor or a reply on a forum.

What is important is the information contained - is it verifiable? What is the actual evidence supporting it?

The letter has no such information included - it is a statement that something is happening and nothing else - nothing to corroborate it. The blog contains multiple links and quotes and other corroborating evidence.

So how about you say something about the actual information it contains?

Here:

Osti.Gov Bridge

Osti.Gov Bridge

Yes..."prospect's" - how things might happen at some time in the future

And a second paper by Teller here:

www.geoengineeringwatch.org...

from the abstract:

We offer a case for active technical management of the radiative forcing of the temperatures of the Earth’s fluid envelopes, rather than administrative management of atmospheric greenhouse gas inputs, in order to stabilize both the global- and timeaveraged climate and its mesoscale features. We suggest that active management of radiative forcing entails negligible – indeed, likely strongly negative – economic costs and environmental impacts, and thus best complies with the pertinent mandate of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change. We propose that such approaches be swiftly evaluated in sub-scale in the course of an intensive international program.

- clearly it is a proposal that something could be done, and how it might be done and what the effects might be - so again something for the future and not evidence that something is being done right now at all.

Further mentions of Tellers research here:
www.etcgroup.org...

From there -

Rich, panicky governments are hoping for quickfixes rather than risk inconveniencing their electorate or offending industry. As dangerous as geoengineering may sound (and turn out to be), governments around the world are aware that some action must be taken quickly. They’re also aware that carbon-trading schemes won’t put a dent in climate change. Geoengineering warrants serious debate and preemptive action.

- planning, evaluating technologies, worries about potential side effects - this group seems opposed to geo-engineering, which is fair enough - but they do not have a single bit of evidence that it is actually happening yet.

And the concept of the Space Shade can be found here, on Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org...

Yep - a concept.....so not happening yet.

Your links are fascinating but just go to shows exactly what I have said - there is a lot of research and thinking going into geo-engineering........but nothing actually happening yet in terms of actual solar radiation management.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
I think SRMGI is what we need to be keeping an eye on.

srmgi.org

Great link, glad you added that to the front page

They mention of few and then say those few wouldn't have enough impact ....then they mention the last technique which ..... you guessed it....... is using PLANES to spray Aerosols.

Watched that video - and found it very suprising they actually let on about the
methods using aircraft. Its a creepy video too, I really dont appreciate the fact
that they are threatening - either way it goes they are going to do it.

Reminded me that the preferred method by The Royal Society is also fleets of modifeid aircraft!

But the option that is taken most seriously is altogether grander in conception and scale. The scheme proposes nothing less than the transformation of the chemical composition of the Earth's atmosphere so that humans can regulate the temperature of the planet as desired. Like volcanic eruptions, it involves injecting sulphur dioxide gas into the stratosphere to blanket the Earth with tiny particles that reflect solar radiation.

Various schemes have been proposed, with the most promising being adaptation of high-flying aircraft fitted with extra tanks and nozzles to spray the chemicals. A fleet of 747s could do the job. www.guardian.co.uk...

The end is near!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
We never learn.

It's time to stop fixing something that isn't broken.

Besides the fact that warm weather is good for mankind, why would we start messing with the atmosphere?

I don't see this ending well under any scenario.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

Watched that video - and found it very suprising they actually let on about the
methods using aircraft. Its a creepy video too,

You are only surprised because you think it is all a big secret that has been happening for the last (however many) years.

If you actually evaluated the evidence you would know that not only isn't it a secret, but it's being discussed all around the world in open forums quite regularly.

I mean come on - look at the OP - Bill Gates publicly supporting it.......reported in the MSM.......and yet it is supposedly a secret??

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

So how about you say something about the actual information it contains?

Here:

Osti.Gov Bridge

Osti.Gov Bridge

Yes..."prospect's" - how things might happen at some time in the future

Nope, not prospects ATG...what you are looking at is propeitary information, and will be used
as such to obtain patents, and develop methods of delivery, SRM delivery is going to become
a huge business. Billions of dollars a year business.

You see Bill Gates knows this, and he is alreaady funding his bets.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join