It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Gun Control Really Means

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Huh? We already have background checks! This new bill is meaningless, it is just putting into law that which is already law! The background check form doesn't even require you to submit your SSN.

The gun shops aren't even required to keep the forms, it's suggested by the ATF but it's not required. Please explain how this is gun registration.

Speaking of the ATF, it is an organization with absolutely ZERO power and hasn't had an actual Director in years...many, many years.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The schools and other places that gun slaughters occur in are usually gun free zones
also the perps are generally on antidepressant drugs, under questioable councelling and have often other connections to the black ops crowd

I think I heard that when there are carried guns around it stops some 2 million crimes a year

but this is not about crime...it's about tyranny

as i understand it the BATF went in last year and took a wholesalers WHOLE skid of airsoft..
might be made into real guns they said
im not kidding

edit on 10-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

I think I heard that when there are carried guns around it stops some 2 million crimes a year

Well with the Number of Guns in this Country.

Surely we must have a Zero Crime Rate! Right.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

In your reply to me it still appears you are in fear of someone either coming to kill/overthrow you and take away your guns. In reality their may really be no one who wants to do this. As for this point:

Does gun control help or hurt? if someone in that movie theater in Colorado had been armed, maybe so many others might not have died.

If you had gun control than it would have been THAT much harder for James Holmes to get his weapons and pull off the massacre. Same with Adam Lanza. A background check is not going to hurt you, unless you have a criminal record or a reason for it to. Not being allowed to have a military style weapon with multiple rounds (as some I have seen are very disturbing and completely illogical) or having a special restricted firearms license and training is not going to harm you. A psychological analysis before being issues a gun license is not going to hurt you.

Your Government is NOT trying to outlaw guns, they are trying to prevent stupid people from getting them. And,unfortunately, America seems to be full of stupid people.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Why, do you think, is it important for the gov't to have a gun registration then?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Danbones

Well with the Number of Guns in this Country.

Surely we must have a Zero Crime Rate! Right.

I'll see your coo coo comment and raise you one link

University Study Confirms
Private Firearms
Stop Crime 2.5 Million Times Each Year

rense.com...

oh soorry my bad..make that 2point five million
your call

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

Why, do you think, is it important for the gov't to have a gun registration then?

Because the liberal left is demanding that something be done since the recent shootings and in order to appease their base, the democrats put forth the only thing they could that's basically irrelevant. Passing a watered down registration or background check is really the only thing they could get through Congress without being laughed at.

Its all about shutting up the gun grabbers and ensuring that the democrats get their votes. Ask yourself this. Where have the gun grabbers been since the last assault weapon ban expired?

Pretty much silent until these recent shootings happened and they were forced to put up some kind of legislation. There is no giant push to get anyone's guns because, frankly, they know its just not possible.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Where are the gun crimes committed in the US? Who are the perpetrators and the victims? How many of these gun crimes are committed in "Gun free zones"?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

From your own point of view and the view of other members who seem to agree with you, wouldn't you say that you already live under Tyranny?

but this is not about crime...it's about tyranny

I don't understand, if you need guns to protect yourself from tyrants and your government is tyrannical, then why haven't you used them yet. Is this because the time is not right? Do you think the time will ever be right? What exactly are you waiting for.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Exactly and this bill will do nothing to curb that violence nor will it prevent law abiding citizens from buying firearms. This bill does absolutely nothing but require something that is already required. There is nothing in this bill that requires owners to register their firearms or high capacity magazines. It doesn't ban those black, plasticy rifles. It doesn't ban the magazines or limit how many rounds you want to put in it.

All this bill does is require people to complete a background check prior to buying a firearm at a gun show or through an internet sale. How does that take away your guns? The gun shops are not even required to keep the forms!

This bill does absolutely nothing but make the Left feel like they've done something, and isn't that the most important part? Maybe if this bill passes people will stop panic buying ammunition and I can finally buy some sweet 7.62x54r...The Mosins are hungry.

Again, I have bought firearms and it's a quick and simple process that requires a $3 gift to those pesky Powers That Be....

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Why should the congress have to cater to the lowest IQ denomination? If it's stupid - it should be called stupid - and don't waste everybody's time talking about it.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

all good questions

yes, we are under tyranny, we are not in a full tyranny yet

the 1968 gun bill in the US is almost word for word the same as the pre wwII NAZI german gun bill...
in countries with few or no guns the crime rates escalate wildly

note this:
when the maoists bought their guns from the US they got their ammo
when the natioalists bought thier guns from the US they didn't get the ammo they bought from the US
(which is the same as not having any guns)
guess who rules china

Like Cyprus where they are even more gunless then here, the bankers just walked in and took thier money to replace money they themselves stole...Here in Kanukistan where we are pretty much gun regulated, they just set us up for the same haircut...
Maybe they would think twice before they steal/stole all the money if they had to face a saturdaynight special or two...

eta PS
I agree guns are not stopping the incremental slide into oblivion ( like they didn't stop the 35 million Illegal Mexican that have invaded the US, and guns didn't stop the US invasion of Iraq...BRAINS and COURAGE are whats needed, but the guns need to be there as part of the tool kit

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

Why should the congress have to cater to the lowest IQ denomination? If it's stupid - it should be called stupid - and don't waste everybody's time talking about it.

Because these stupid people vote also. If your in a heavily democratic district and your constituents are demanding you do something about gun control what are you going to do?

Tell them they are stupid and ignore them or put up some sort of legislation and say you tried in order that they vote for you next election?

Politics always works this way, its why the Tea Party was so influential in 2010, because they demanded their representatives do certain things or they get voted out. It doesn't mean there is any secret agenda to get at your guns.

Sure there is always a minority segment of the popuation, and Congress, that would like nothing better to get all the guns out of circulation and they've always been here since the beginning but they are a very small minority and even they know its basically impossible.

In order to accomplish this you would need decades and decades of slowly chipping away at the gun issue and recently with the Supreme Court affirming gun rights in case after case, it certainly is not heading in that direction. I'd say your guns are actually more safe now than they were 20 years ago.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Actually I agree with you...The problem seems to be many do not trust the intent or actions of their elected officials; no wonder with all the web sights pointing out the shenanigans of some of these same officials, no?

Anyway until recently on every front supporters of the 2d were winning. More states with CHLs and the honoring of other states licenses. Crime in those states with CHLs dropped considerable as in Florida to name only one out of many. Things were looking like the 2d was safe while the muggers and B.G.s had to think twice before attacking someone.....ATS has had many stories where someone stopped a break-in or robbery by being able to defend themselves.....Same crowd , same arguments on both sides.

I posted a recent thread about a Cuban refugee and his video testimony on the 2d; but like many believe.... it can not happen here. .

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Thanks for this. Some of the replies here are saddening. It's like they are lounging on train tracks in a folding beach chair sunning themselves in the light of the state with a nazi death train barreling toward them, and they are complaining that you are warning them to get off the tracks!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infernalis

Thanks for this. Some of the replies here are saddening. It's like they are lounging on train tracks in a folding beach chair sunning themselves in the light of the state with a nazi death train barreling toward them, and they are complaining that you are warning them to get off the tracks!

The government would go absolutely broke if they had to hire the amount of people required to go to every registered gun owner, search their house, and retrieve their guns in person.

Its simple math. There is simply no way to physically go and confiscate that many guns no matter what you do. And we all know that the people will not simply hand them over, registered or not. We also know that a vast number of people will not even bother to register their weapons, I wouldn't since nobody even knows I have any.

No matter how you try and construct this argument, it just is not possible, in the short term, to get guns out of American society.

Any plan that any secret organization has for global domination will have to inclued an armed American populace. Now that is certainly possible and far more easy to accomplish than trying to remove guns from people who don't want to give them up.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Look and see what's happening in Colorado. Their forever "nudging". Did all of the liberals from California move out to Denver and start voting?

Look at the number of firearms dealers and manufacturers who are having to move out of states that are "nudging" ever so slowly toward nullifying the 2nd amendment.

They will not stop. We need to be aware.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

With a gun registration list the gov't could freeze your bank accounts until you turned yourself in - because now you are a criminal - if you haven't turned your registered guns over to the gov't gestapo.

Cyprus couldn't believe their bank accounts could be looted, did they?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

So true.

The amount of 0bama butt kissing here is getting just ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I am face palming myself as hard as I can right now. Our military and federal government are so far advanced beyond what you obviously have given them credit for. Forget Iraq and Afghanistan, they are saving the good stuff for when TSHTF. For example, the TR3B is real. I have seen it with my own eyes. I don't care if you believe me. We could have 2x the guns and would still need God's will defend ourselves successfully.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join