It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I photographed fire in the sky

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackspirit
Can you upload the original un-cropped version of the photo? Directly from the camera would be better to rule out any exif manipulation, modifications etc.

Its looks to me like a unfocused photo of a broom stick or the like, perhaps even a toothpick been illuminated by a soft glow of a reflection. I cant seem to get a accurate scale of things.

Look, I am ot some hoaxer, I live in remote North Africa, people here don't have hot water tanks, high tech lasers or such, they have just a little to eat. I am back with photos I took today I daylight of the same SPOT IF ANYONE KOWS HOW TO EMBED THEM. I don't know how to download the photos direct from the cam as the file is too big to upload at ats if anyone wants me to email it, no probs for those who think its been modified, it hasn't and the daylight photos will show you there is nothing but sky and mountains. So here they are.

img.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Thank you so much elevenaugust for your enhancement, are those other anomalies to the right of this thing? To the left is a house, and the right is all sky, I attached the daylight photos now so you can see exactly the spot, I really appreciate your knowledge and help cause it wasn't just me who watched it, my husband did as well, and it was clearly in the sky above clouds.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Looks like there may be a malfunctioning furnace or hot water heater on the house next door. Possibly a plugged or leaky stack.

Now that I've posted the daylight pics you will see these houses are made of bricks and there is nothing in sight that could have caused that, no water heaters here for most people. Elevenaugust, I forgot to mention the color, it was bright orange like fire both verticle lines, one longer then the other and they appeared to dance in the sky.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If anyone wants to see how remote I live here is another pic of my view from one side, and the other side is the sea.
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
My husband's family lives in Sousse, Tunisia..I have sent an email asking them if they see anything like this.
I will post back if they send anything.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

Hi there, OP! Very interesting experience you have there. I'm not sure what you are seeing, but I just wanted to offer some advice to try to help you get a better photo if you experience this again. It may help someone on here to better explain or figure out what you are seeing.

Are you able to change the shutter speed on your camera at all? Many digital cameras, even some simple ones, have a shutter speed setting on them, these days. You may have to have a look at your camera's instruction manual. If you see the beam in the sky again, set the shutter speed for at least five seconds. Secure it so that it doesn't move at all. If you have a tripod, that would be great, but if not, you can put the camera on your wall outside, a table or anything, just as long as it doesn't move. After you set the shutter speed, set the timer and take a pic. The timer will keep the camera from moving at all when the shutter opens to prevent motion blur. Experiment with different shutter speeds. Start with 5 seconds then try 10 seconds and so on. Just make sure not to move the camera while the shutter is open. This should help us see what you are seeing better.

If you aren't able to change camera settings and you do see it again, take as many pics as possible. I'm really interested in what you have going on here and would love for someone on here to figure it out. Best of luck to ya! I hope someone is able to solve the mystery.

Thank you gemineye for the advice I will try that. I don't know how these vertical glowing lines in the sky could come from the ground when I saw them up above the clouds, unless I photoed something else, lol. I am keeping my eyes to the skies regardless and going to have another look shortly to see if I see it again tonight. I really can't imagine filming from my location 700 kms away mount etna, isn't that a bit far for an average sony camera to film on a cloudy night?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
My husband's family lives in Sousse, Tunisia..I have sent an email asking them if they see anything like this.
I will post back if they send anything.

Thank you very much, as I say I have been watching the sky pulsating for about a month now so if someone just takes the time to look they should be able to see the pulsating at least. I actually went on mufon today and there were similar reports in the US of both the sky pulsating and vertical fire in the sky on the same dates april 8th, and 9th but I would think either coincidence or is it possible to see from the US?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy

Very nice view. I can now understand why you posted this under Aliens & UFOs as that place is pretty remote. With that said, the fire spurt you witnessed is a sign of volcanic activity. Make sure your residence will be safe should a full eruption occur.
edit on 10-4-2013 by MysteriousHusky because: spelling

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thank you for all these informations. Here's a composition (using your daylight photo and the enhanced version of the night photo) I've created to better see the anomaly:

Some other questions, if you don't mind:

1- Do you think that you could put on a map both your position (even approximatively) and the direction where the beam of light was standing at? (West, east, etc...)
2- Can you provide please the non-cropped original photo with the original resolution?
3- Do you remember how it appears and how it disappears?
4- Is it only visible during daylight?

Many thanks!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It is easy to see that it is not possible that she was seeing volcanic fire.

That's why you want the original picture. You want to know why that fire is hanging out so high in the sky, and further, why is the ray only above it.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

If you look up Collo, Skikda, Algeria and look east on a map that's where I am and where I saw the anomaly (east of in the sky). Thank you very much for your time and energy, I really did see this phenomena, and again I really doubt this was a volcano. I don't know how to upload the original photos but if you want to u2u me your email I can send them to you via email though you won't see anything else in the uncropped versions, I did not modify a thing nor is there anything else but brick to see. I really do again thank you for your time, I hope I can get a better picture in the future, cause to the naked eye it looked like a door of fire in a verticle line, and then a smaller one beside it and they seemed to intermingle (like they were dancing) and they were definitely above the clouds. My photo does me no justice, so frustrating!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Is it me or does the smoke look like faces coming out of the fire. Probably nothing. Just thought it was notable.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tryingtomakeit

That's why I blew the pictures up. I noticed it. And one might say the form has a humanoid aspect about it.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
One other note, its dark out now, and I just looked and its completely normal the sky now, no color whatsoever, completely dark and clear night sky, so if it was mount etna wouldn't it still be spewing??? It's way tooooo far for me to film from here and Italy is North of me, what I saw is east and IN the sky. Only other thing I can think of was it was some weird aurora borealis I've never heard of before, lol.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I might be able to see it here in Southern Spain as I am on the med.

The moon rises in the east:

What time of the night do you see this at?
Is it DIRECTLY due east?

Please be as accurate as possible and I will take a look later.

Regards

Matador

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tryingtomakeit

That's really interesting. Thanks for the enhancement.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here I have adjusted the light levels to bring out the shapes appearing along with the light.

You'll see a pretty distinct shape that is "rectangular" and lighter surrounding the light "streak". Additionally, there appears to be a dark shape surrounding the streak of light.

So my interpretation is this.. The picture was taken through a window at night. A light was on behind the person taking the picture. The light created a reflection of the wall lit up behind the photographer and that is what has created the "lighter" rectangular shape around the light. The red lines on the drawing below indicate the slant of the wall, the dotted red line indicates that it may extend further than the solid ones. I drew this out to give perspective. The green outline is the object in the foreground that is reflecting off the window and at the same time blocking out the light from the wall behind. This may even be the camera itself. As indicated by the blue arrow, there may be some downward motion occurring that makes the light, surrounding object, and reflected light appear to be elongated. The light trail has a the brightest spot towards the bottom. This leads me to believe that the source reflecting light is closest to that point. There also may not be ANY movement occurring in the picture, but the light is elongated or is just catching a streak on the glass window itself.

I could be completely wrong, but the light reflection next to the object in question is awfully suspect. I've seen it before and this seems pretty dang similar.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
I might be able to see it here in Southern Spain as I am on the med.

The moon rises in the east:

What time of the night do you see this at?
Is it DIRECTLY due east?

Please be as accurate as possible and I will take a look later.

Regards

Matador

Exactly same direction but it was not the moon, the moon wasn't in sight, and these were fairly long burning flaming vertical like smoke hovering for at least 2 hours (long line to left, shorter one to right), I last went out and looked at midnight and they were faint but still there, that was 2 days ago, then last night I saw it very faintly around 9pm, for only a few minutes then it seemed to dissipate, diminish but still 2 vertical cloud like lines visibly in between clouds (clouds being above and below), the sky was orange, pulsating as well, but the cloud below the orange pulsing was as dark as the normal sky. I saw no other objects and wish I had a better camera cause I am sure something weird is going on. I thought to myself it looks like God made a door or its some sort of omen, I don't know.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well I was creating that post before seeing the other response with the picture of the location in daylight. That makes it a lot more interesting. A good example of how we can easily be tricked into seeing something different

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join