It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I photographed fire in the sky

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Thank you very much, I have never posted a thread directly to something I have seen before cause mostly I keep quiet ( or have no evidence) and read about others experiences and mostly cause I haven't seen that many eventful things though I am very open-minded and due to being in a very remote part of the world I have a very good view of the sky. If it is Mount Etna I'm seeing I just hope it doesn't explode and effect us here. I live relatively coastal so a tsunami from a massive volcanic landslide or something would not be cool, lol. If it wasn't Mount Etna, I still would like to know what it was cause honestly it reminded me of a door opening in the sky. It was silent awe inspiring and spiritual to me watching it for several hours. I have also seen lights on several occasions (mainly during Ramadan when most people are up all night and sleep most of the day during fasting) descend into the mountains here which 2 years ago I reported to mufon. My sister in law is still terrified to this day and won't look outside at the sky at night anymore, lol. My father in law, aunt, and husband have also witnessed them with me. I find it fascinating to find out about this subject amongst the Muslim culture and there indeed is belief here they just have no modern means of reporting or are too afraid of what they see.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The next time you see this happening, go on the internet and check a live video cam of Mt. Etna. If the mountain is erupting, eureaka! You are witnessing a rare, but natural event. If, however, Mt. Etna is quiet, it looks like it´s time for the video camara or the 5 second exposure option....and another quick post here on ATS! Here is a link for a good Mt. Etna cam: www.ct.ingv.it...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

Thank you for your information. I think it must have been some sort of odd light refraction. I grew up in Canada so I know aurora's well, what I saw was not straight like pillars, they were more whispy, smoky bright reddish orange, in an opening between clouds (clouds being below and above this). I knew it couldn't be a fireball cause I watched this for hours, it truly was interesting and at the time the sky was pulsating orange. The direction of this would have to be over the sea. Whatever it was, it's gone now but was very cool. There has been nothing eventful since but I am watching!!!!!! Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

Thank you I will do that and see if we an get a confirmation on this!! I have my camera ready!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tryingtomakeit

I noticed that too..it's not just you. Almost weird aspect to it huh? Anyone try doing a negative of the pic yet?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I agree with some of the comments previously posted.
This does look like it is more a beam of light rather than a unexplained source.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

Sorry for offtopic post.. but anyone here seen this ? If this isnt fake its kinda, well amazing. Somebody mind making a thread, i tried to u2u with the video but i dont have enough posts as i would make a new thread myself

kind regards from Iceland.

www.youtube.com...

New to posting and havent learned how to embedd, yet.
edit on 14-4-2013 by samuelsson because: spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by samuelsson

It's old footage and has been discussed (and debunked if I remember correctly) before. I believe that it turned out to be a reflection since it was filmed through glass. If you look at it again, it looks very much like a door with windows in it, and the circular thing looks like an air vent.

Try a search and you will probably find a thread on it.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hi all, thought I would update this thread, first let me say I just finished checking the realtime webcams of Mount Etna and there is no activity. Second, the God's door anomaly is back. I have been watching it for 2 and a half hours now, it has appeared in the exact same spot in the sky, and I had my neighbours and my sister in law watch it too, no one knows what this is. Again its vertical, like fire shimmering or pulsing, in the same exact spot. I tried to take pics but nothing but faint in dark comes out. So it remains a mystery. Thanks again to everyone who has tried to solve this. I'm left stumped.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

Does your camera do video? I apologize if this has already been asked and answered.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Hey long time no see, thanks for replying gemineye! I tried video but it was too faint to capture anything. I am going to try again tomorrow if its back and see if I can capture it in partial daylight. Its now 12 pm and I went back out and looked and its faintly still there, weird. Just this vertical line, orange clouds below it, shimmering and pulsating the sky, dark clouds above and below it, this line is up in the sky with no apparent correlation anywhere around it other then the sky pulsating. I really don't know, but thank you!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hi there Cottonwoodstormy, I just finished the whole thread.
And am very curious, like the others.
Without making any guesses of my own, I do have a couple of questions.

Is this your camera model?
DSC-W310
www.sony.co.uk...

I was looking at the specs, and it looks like you are limited to 1 second, as the longest amount of time you can have the shutter open. Which is actually a decent amount of time.
If you have a tripod, or can find a nice stable place to set your camera.
Try taking a photo with maximum exposure time.
I've included a link to the manuals that go with our camera.
You might take some practice shots, to see if you can get things working.

the best I can come up with given your camera model is.

Stable location, on a rock, or a wall if no tripod.
set shutter speed for one second (or more if possible)
set ISO setting to above 800.
Use the Auto timer, so after you press the button to take a photo, there will be a two second delay before it snaps.
that way your hands will be away from the camera when the shutter opens.

I hope this is helpful...and good luck to you getting a great photo!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Thank you very much for the step by step what to do with the camera settings. That helped me a lot cause I really have no idea what I'm doing with settings! I will do exactly what you say if it comes back. Tonight is the same weather temperature wise and sky view as yesterday, the sky was pink as the sun set but no anomaly tonight so fingers crossed I can catch this thing on film with your aid in cam settings, lol! Thank you, Tamara

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

You're welcome!
Seeing as this is a recurring event, you should really take advantage of the opportunity.
Take your time beforehand, setting up the camera.
That way, you can practice a little first. Even if it's not there, try to take a photo of the area where it regularly appears.

Then again, it might actually be there, but be too dim to see with the naked eye!

Setting the ISO to a higher number, makes your camera more sensitive to light. And leaving the shutter open will collect ANY light that is there, the whole time it's open.
I think a lot of people here are interested in your mystery.

Good luck!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Thank you again, I did some research on my cam abd got the settings figured out, set it to ISO 800, the 10 second shutter, stabilizing, twilight mode, and max zoom, lol. I witnessed this phenomena again since my previous post on May 11th, around 9:30pm but only briefly, it was very intense and it faded away after only 10 minutes this time. I happened on mufon today, and I don't know if this is coincidence or not but it appears someone in NY witnessed something similar on the same day at the same 45 degrees in the horizon, but obviously not at the same time because of time difference. Here is the report:

CASE 47369 Standing outside, facing south. Having a discussion with a friend I had not seen in awhile. Noticed light at about 45 degrees above the horizon. Weather conditions were cool and damp, full cloud cover.

Visible was only fire. My first reaction was one of fear- that perhaps there was an aircraft on fire. This was very obviously fire, but then I realized it wasnt moving. The intensity of the brightness varied some- but not a lot at first. The object stood stationary for several seconds to a minute, then moved, and paused again. This occurred several times over the course of about five minutes, and then the object faded to the point that it was no longer visible.

This was witnessed by several other people. The object appeared as a fireball, and there was no audible noise, and it was dark outside so nothing was visible around the object.

It was very interesting, and I wish that I could have captured it on video, It would have been great to see it for longer, and hopefully it will be seen again someday!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The case report from mufon sounds strangely similar, too weird, and if its related then what the hell is this?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join