It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting! The Royal Bank of Canada punches all Canadians in the face.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Why do you always assume its down to incompetence? Its down to greed. He most likely got a bung. Dont underestimate the people at the top.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by curlygirl
reply to post by aboutface

What surprises me more is your reaction. Outsourcing isn't new. I'm in IT and this has been going on globally for at least a dozen years. You're just lucky it didn't happen sooner in your region.

This is Canada and there are laws here about this kind of situation. Federal laws. If you do that here you are breaking the law. Period.

J.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Every American that has lost there job's due to the same "Outsourcing" hogwash feels your pain. But this should come to no suprise, all the govt's are in cahooz together.

Cheers~ And god speed.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It's just another small step on the journey towards globalisation. It's far to late to worry about it plus we haven't got the fight in us.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by szusty
i'm not even suprised anymore, canada is starting to fall more and more, its becoming a big joke.

Canada went from being one of the cheapest countries to live in to one of the most expensive in just ten years. Also the joblessness here and for the past two decades has been staggering. The academic inflation is getting out of control too. Now you need two or three diplomas or dual trade tickets to find an entry level job and more often than not Canadians are working two or more jobs these days just to make ends meet. Then along comes an immigrant, gets a wheelbarrow load of cash to get a place and start a business or go to school on the Canadian taxpayer dime and then gets fist pick at all our jobs.

Its bloody disgusting. Three trade diplomas and 7 years experience in a technical industry and i cant even get an effin phone call for a job as a coffee jockey at Tim Hortons. Yet they are screaming about a shortage in people willing to train in the trades. Shortage MY A55! Shortage of people willing to work for next to free that is!
edit on 13/4/8 by metaldemon2000 because: wording

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by acacko
I too call BS on this

we're hearing the same thing here in the US.
I find it hard to believe with 310 million people in the US and 50 million of them
out of work we can't find a citizen to do the job. Maybe the companies looking for workers are just too cheap.

How's about too greedy?

J

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrFuzzy
It's just another small step on the journey towards globalisation. It's far to late to worry about it plus we haven't got the fight in us.

Yeah but what are the benefits? I dont mind if people want to come here to do the jobs, but where are the programs that allow me to find work in other countries so i can get the hell out of here??? I know there are many western countries that have an actual shortage of the trades i trained in. Not living in those places though it is next to impossible to find jobs. I would gladly move to the US or even Europe if i was offered something if it meant i didnt have to compete with thousands of other unemployed Canadians who have tons of education too. It is my understanding that Canada is one of the worst countries out there for academic inflation.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Talk about a lynch mob forming here ...i can already see the pitch forks and garden tools ready ..lol
Do you morons realize that outsourcing is actually saving money for your companies to increase their hiring capacity for the future ..?
That's right lynch mobbers .. think about your future gains .. before you think about your near losses ..
this is actually good for your future, given your screwed up economy ... mixed with your unwillingness to work for less coz mommy told you you're special right ..? lol .. grow up ..!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Just chillin

Like a villain.

Chilling effects.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by junglimogli

Because the big Canadian companies are hurting for cash right now? Thats laughable. Canadian companies are hoarding money and are being given massive tax breaks under the understanding that it will intice them to hire more. Instead they kill Canadian jobs and outsource them. Look at Bell Canada a few years ago, i think in 2011. Weeks after receiving a huge kickback from the govt to hire more people (because the whining from Bell about how poor they are all the time) , they laid of hundreds of workers in ottawa and contracted the jobs to India.

As for your other comment, i have a family of mouths to feed. Ill take what i can get but there is simply nobody hiring. Where i live the cost of living shot up almost 400% in the past six years. We now have Toronto style housing prices however the average wage is still only $42000 yearly. Statscan reports that in my city, that has a population of 160000, over 60% of all wage earners make below poverty line wages. Most people who have been here think our city looks like a third world country due to how poor and run down it is. We are not alone. This is the same across Canada. Youth unemployment (age 14 to 25) is up around 14% i believe which is sad because this means that graduates arent having much luck. This has nothing to do with willingness to work and everything to do with availability.

You can have that crappy attitude all you like but i have been researching the topic of Canadian Joblessness and academic inflation for some time. The statistics are unbelievable. Hell ive been called lazy by people like you too. Seven years i have invested in one of my trades, that and i am registered in two different trades (have worked in both) and another diploma in a related field. So for me willingness to work is without question. I have applied all over the country for the past 4 years and my phone hasnt rang once.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Welcome to the good old USA!!

We've been dealing with that for years. In fact I'm on lay off, coming up now on 1 yr.

There is a "bright side". After a few years, your company's will decide that maybe it wasn't such a good idea and start looking for natural workers, not imports.

Good luck with that....

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

That's despicable and pure greed on the part of the Royal Bank of Canada. If I were those people, I would have refused to train them, walk off the job and protest in front of the bank for days on end. Why do people lay down and not fight back? I'm sure they would get a lot of support from the public during their protests.

I had a frustrating experience with a Sears customer service representative which was from India. I couldn't understand a word she said and all she did was repeat the same script over and over again! Talk about poor customer service, I had to call the manager of our local store and complain. He called the same representative and he was also frustrated and outraged!!

I know a lot of you are disgusted with unions.

This is why we have them.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The unacceptable face of capitalism, I'm afraid....sad. Is there another bank you can use, in protest ?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

its called a mattress.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrainDispatcher

Originally posted by WeRpeons

That's despicable and pure greed on the part of the Royal Bank of Canada. If I were those people, I would have refused to train them, walk off the job and protest in front of the bank for days on end. Why do people lay down and not fight back? I'm sure they would get a lot of support from the public during their protests.

I had a frustrating experience with a Sears customer service representative which was from India. I couldn't understand a word she said and all she did was repeat the same script over and over again! Talk about poor customer service, I had to call the manager of our local store and complain. He called the same representative and he was also frustrated and outraged!!

I know a lot of you are disgusted with unions.

This is why we have them.

I notice lately there have been big anti-union pushes. It doesnt help that that several of the larger labor disputes in the last couple of years in Canada, some of the unions were being especially greedy. One major example of this was USW local 6500s dispute with VALE. A year long strike that the union maintained was a battle against big foreign companies but had greed written all over it due to talks of removing 40k worth of bonuses and reduction of some of the most luxurious pensions in Canada for blue color workers. That and the recent Ontario teachers unions that were trying to hold up the system over reduced COLA reduction while taking no concessions during the worst deficit the province has ever faced, and then saying it was about the children, then refusing to perform extra-curriculars for the children to this day.

If a union is going to fight for workers rights, leave dollar signs out of it, your only going to shoot yourself in the foot. Now the conservative in Ontario are talking anti-union legislation. They will most likely win the next election due to the liberals destruction of the Ontario economy.

So as far as pushing for more union coverage to prevent job losses like this in RBC, it will do little good as the popularity of unions is declining in Canada due to their outdated methods and not devoting their attention to the real issues and just looking at dollar signs and then lying about it.

Also, i was in union in my last job. In the end, the company launched a new product that will eventually make the product we currently dealt with obsolete. To get around the union the company just hired a massive contracting company to deal with the new product and they were able to get away with us because our CBA didnt have provisions for this product. Its funny because even the union pushed us into a 7 year contract (that only won by 5 votes out of 3000 employees) a mere few months before the product came out that guaranteed that we would have a secure future but the company still found a way around it. I left shortly after not content with counting the days until im laid off and decided to make a career change. It was then that my faith in union representation had ceased. Unions are far too outdated, too slow, and not progressive enough anymore to help anyone and they have been more of an incentive for companies to outsource jobs than anything (well that and bad govt policy).

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
At one time, not so long ago, RBC was on the top twenty list of the largest Recipients of TARP bailout money.
That's US bailout money

but try telling the politicians that. we bail out all the people that put is in this mess and got ignored when we said "we told you so" as they one by one showed their true motives. we got duped with that TARP bailout by weasels hiding among good businesses.

to stay on topic though, RBC should definitely not get a third strike. Fool us once shame on you, Fool us twice shame on us

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

Originally posted by MrFuzzy

Yeah but what are the benefits? I dont mind if people want to come here to do the jobs, but where are the programs that allow me to find work in other countries so i can get the hell out of here??? I know there are many western countries that have an actual shortage of the trades i trained in. Not living in those places though it is next to impossible to find jobs. I would gladly move to the US or even Europe if i was offered something if it meant i didnt have to compete with thousands of other unemployed Canadians who have tons of education too. It is my understanding that Canada is one of the worst countries out there for academic inflation.

Benefits for the people of Canada practically none. Maybe you could learn some indian or chinese cusine thats about it. Benefits for the bank they get workers that are cheaper, probably on contracts with no benefits or severance pay. Basically a subservient work force they know won't kick off because they ship them off and ship a new load in. Like was said before the cost of living has gone up times 3 or 4 in the past 10 years sooner or later Canadian workers would be demanding wage increases, this is a problem they can avoid with out sourcing.

It just seems to me to be a little part of something bigger. Canada is very rich in natural resources which should be used to benefit the canadian population but it seems to me like someone has eyes on what belongs to the canadian people. Sorry wildly of topic.

Anyways You could always come to England we've got plenty of room. Oh wait a minute you're Canadian and educated and want to work sorry no room here.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
the bigger problem is ...you get enough of these people brought in and they will begin making demands and eventually will take your country away from you. learn from the mistakes in the US put a stop to this ASAP by any means necessary.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ctdannyd

Index finger

In dex

en.wiktionary.org...

Contraction of "decimal exponent".

Decimal - decimate

2little2late-1.newsvine.com...

Decimate

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The RBC had a record profit of $7.5 billion last year. RECORD PROFIT!!!

www.cbc.ca...

I am disgusted by this greed and the inappropriate use of a program for even more gains.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join