It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting! The Royal Bank of Canada punches all Canadians in the face.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Wazzaman
Simply go to the link...
click on the address there....
clisk on page" and click on" copy."....upper right

come back here post reply
click on "page"
click on paste and voila link posted. all laft clicks by the way

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by curlygirl

Outsourcing to manufacturers in other countries is what we're familiar with, but using a government skilled foreign worker program to bring in supposedly workers in order to be trained and to replace workers here is a misuse of the program and laughs in the face of Harper's action plan to increase jobs. It also bypasses our minimum wage laws. A Canadian bank doing this in this way is outrageous.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wazzman

Wazzman, in order to keep the discussion on topic, I've sent you a message. If you click on the 'show ribbon' at the bottom of our screen, go to messages and read it.

I don't think the topic you want to write about fits into this thread, so I recommend you start another.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
At one time, not so long ago, RBC was on the top twenty list of the largest Recipients of TARP bailout money.
That's US bailout money

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Oh yeah, their venture into US expansion. Not a pretty picture for all involved, especially the taxpayers.. I hope their clients wake up and pull their money out of there.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by curlygirl
reply to post by aboutface

What surprises me more is your reaction. Outsourcing isn't new. I'm in IT and this has been going on globally for at least a dozen years. You're just lucky it didn't happen sooner in your region.

Canadian laws are specific on this, and there is no loop hole, to have temporary low pay foreign employees come in to replace Canadian jobs is illegal.

www.cbc.ca...

However, a Toronto immigration lawyer says there is no loophole in any visa category that allows companies to displace Canadians who are able to do the work.

“It should not happen,” Mario Bellisimo told Go Public. “The overarching legal standard is to supplement and to fill labour shortages or to bring job creation and retention, knowledge transfer to Canada, not the opposite."

What I'm concerned about is this:

Harper put some kind of clause in the new budget that allows them to use lilabilities (ie deposits), ie to steal deposits to recover from serious trouble for banks.

They now have an abuse of hiring temps for the wrong reasons, and in obvious breach of the Law, and leak the story.

All over twitter and facebook there are requests that others close out their accounts and transfer it over to another.

This Bank is the one that is official with our government.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Bank of Canada (French: Banque du Canada) is Canada's central bank.[1] The bank was founded by the Bank of Canada Act[2] on July 3, 1934, as a privately owned corporation. In 1938, the bank became a Crown corporation, belonging to the monarch in right of Canada.[3] The Minister of Finance holds the entire share capital issued by the bank. "Ultimately, the Bank is owned by the Minister of Finance on behalf of Her Majesty in right of Canada."[4][2]

The role of the bank is to "promote the economic and financial well-being of Canada.Text"[5] The responsibilities of the bank are: monetary policy;[6] sole issuing authority of Canadian banknotes;[7][8] the promotion of a safe, sound financial system within Canada;[9] and funds management and central banking services "for the federal government, the Bank and other clients."[10][11]

I see something very dangerous going on. Are they planning on stealing the Canadian deposits and bascially nearly bankrupting our country?

I would like to see a complete criminal investigation going on as this would be highly illegal if planned in advance.

edit on 7-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

More and more I see Canada being used as a test ground for nefarious plots, so what you fear is also my fear.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Outsourcing...ugghhhh...why don't they just bring everyone from India to the US/Canada to work all the jobs. Just pay my ticket out the country and I'm good to go because this is ludicrous! Let's see how well things work if they actually did that, then the world leaders will have to learn their language and soon it'll be New India and they'll end up taking over!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The real problem is that the political leaders are tptb have a look at where the politicians get educated and see the links, the elite families used to work on the basis of the eldest son would take over the family business then the other sons would become bishops who wouldn't be allowed to marry if you look at the paedophilia scandals going on in the catholic church then work out that its the elite who are in these positions it doesn't take a lot of working out that the elites are controlling society from many levels.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This sort of thing happens every where been going on in Australia for years no one gives a jack
and there's bugga all you can do about it ,no government is going to stop it , hell more than likely they got shares in it some where down the line total win for them complete loose for the country and its people.
with what they allow

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Not good at all...

It doesn't surprise me one bit that more and more of these companies/banks etc are doing this.

I used to work for the govt here in Oz many years ago. At one point, this stupid moron politician decided it would be a fantastic idea to outsource all govt IT. So, these knobs came around and quizzed us on our network and server uptimes etc etc. We had a great network, with great staff and good servers. Our uptime was 98-99% - it was rock solid. These knobs then said "that's impossible...no network is that good...go back and change your figures". So, we had to lie about our network's performance to make us look bad so that we could be outsourced. Absolute joke. I ended up leaving the govt not long after this happened.

The end result? All the actual workers we supported in that Dept hated the new outsourcers and they still do.

It's all a load of crapola.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
there is a war on against white people.
is this not now abundantly clear?

the white man has had his day.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Well..call it reverse new age colonialism ... am sorry for your job losses...but am not really shedding a tear... though i wish it weren't Canadians ....

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I can connect with this as i work for the IT industry.

The only winner here is the company reduced costs (or so it would seem)

The issues for me are not patriotic, but simply logical.

When you use foreign workers into an area of a business that relies heavily on communication and technical expertise while the initial cost goes down, the effects of the cheaper workers quickly starts to effect other areas indirectly.

You lose time explaining things, due to accents as much as local idioms and metaphors - things we all use every day without noticing to explain more complex ideas, problems and solutions. Then you have the morale issue, if one department gets outsourced or starts to use alternative sources of labor when will the next department notice and do the same - who is safe? Another problem might be other basic skills which a local/citizen will have learned through years of education, are missing from the new workforce making them more dependent on other business resources.

When you combine all of these things and they start to grind down the flow of a business, it wont be long till the customers notice and start to question their dealings with you. There are a dozen great examples of how a good solid business has slid down the list of "reputable" candidates, to just sit at the bottom as "yet another" average business to choose from. You can often tell which businesses are like this now by the increasingly aggressive deals and special offers they can now "afford" to make due to their cheaper workforce - yet with a poor reputation, people only chose them directly because of the deal or offer. HP anyone?

Big business arnt stupid they know this will likely happen, but its not the business that decide, its the person who gets a % of the budget saved. People are greedy and they WILL mess up a good thing for a short burst of personal benefit, who then hate the fact they have to deal with their own foreign workforce. Im sure theres a million great "dilberts" for this irony.....

edit on 8-4-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
A lot of people are advocating pulling your business from RBC to punish them for this nefarious act.
That will be a waste of time because our government will just bail them out using our tax dollars.
Unfortunately, RBC is too big to fail

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Here's my money. Hold it, make a profit, charge me more in service fees in a month than I'll make in interest in a year, do this outsourcing behind the scenes type of stuff, and have no worries if you mess up because you're in bed with the gov't.
I do have RBC accounts here and in the US. They are now shell accounts. My money is in the Banana stand.
Peace.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Hi! Canada

Welcome to the 21st century!!!

8o))

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Harper says publicly it's unacceptable. This is to deceive Canadians into believing that he is on their side.

In fact, it was his government that implemented the new rules. This is so the big state-owned Chinese companies that are mining coal, and tar sands, can bring in Chinese nationals to work instead of Canadians. The new rules also allow the companies to pay less than the Canadian minimum wage.

Seeing this, other corporations are starting to take advantage of these changes too. They ask why should the Chinese state-owned companies be the only ones allowed to hire cheap foreign workers? Harper didn't see this coming due to his inexperience and incompetence. He must go.

You are absolutely correct.

I personally know of first hand reports coming from mining and pipeline operations in northern BC that are sanctioned by the Harper government. These people tell me of their shock upon arriving at these locations only to find that most of the workers there are Chinese or Eastern European workers with poor technical abilities, and huge language difficulties to boot. But they are being paid very low wages - well below the Canadian poverty level - to do jobs that Canadians could easily do. Meanwhile there is a chronic shortage of work for many Canadians, and the ranks of the unemployed grows ever larger by the month.

I guess that's the Conservative "Action Plan" for jobs in ...ahem...action? Little did we know that the "Action Plan" was on behalf of underpaid third world workers.

Harper and his crew are mostly Albertan oil men of course, and they have long been in bed with their Texas pals south of the border - hence the incredible environmental destruction that is the Alberta Tar Sands.

Most Canadians are by now aware that Harper got into power with the aid of fraudulent elections I think. Did anyone actually vote for these slime balls?

Harper and his motley Conservative crew HAVE to go. And go soon! Let's just hope there is something left of Canada to salvage after they ARE gone...

edit on 8-4-2013 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by TheComte

Right. And one of the employment requirements at a BC mine was that the workers be able to speak Chinese, so they brought in foreign workers. We have to speak up. I don't know how much good it will do but I did write to the [email protected] to voice my outrage.

Yep, that's what I've been hearing from my sources too.

Outrageous and illegal.

J.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I too call BS on this

we're hearing the same thing here in the US.
I find it hard to believe with 310 million people in the US and 50 million of them
out of work we can't find a citizen to do the job. Maybe the companies looking for workers are just too cheap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join