It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting! The Royal Bank of Canada punches all Canadians in the face.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hey guys the CBC has reported this issue completely outside of the proper context, here is RBC's response.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by acacko
I too call BS on this

we're hearing the same thing here in the US.
I find it hard to believe with 310 million people in the US and 50 million of them
out of work we can't find a citizen to do the job. Maybe the companies looking for workers are just too cheap.

True.

It's all bottom line and one of the big champions of this type of thing, like H1B visas, is Bill Gates and Microsoft. He's pushing the government continuously to legislate in his favor. But, like you said, is there anyone that thinks we can't find Americans to do these jobs?

Do you support importing foreign workers to displace your citizens? If you're running Windows, or supporting these companies engaging in these practices .... you are ..... whether or not you admit it.

edit on 9-4-2013 by EricR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So this means when I call RBC I will have to endure the language barrier with the Indian accent? The French is bad enough. Every time I call Shaw Cable or Telus in Vancouver I get the Indian accent, cant understand a ### word of what they're saying.

Outsourcing isn't a new concept. Notices for employment in Canada are in every country, not just India.

edit on 9-4-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

A report stated about 338,000 jobs have been outsourced.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Further to this story, an Alberta labour group obtained a FOI document.

Fast food chains using loophole to hire foreigners, says labour group

Documents reveal that more than half of the temporary foreign workers hired through a new fast-track process to bring in highly-skilled workers ended up working at fast-food restaurants and convenience stores, said Alberta Federation of Labour president Gil McGowan.

"It stretches the bounds of credibility that companies like A&W, McDonalds would be hiring high-skilled workers," McGowan said....."They're using the temporary foreign workers program to keep wages low," McGowan said.

Full article here

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This seems to be one growing scandal. In another article entitled "Outsourcing bank jobs is common practice, say employees" in which CBC claims it is inundated with emails from workers at all of Canada's major banks,

A former RBC employee wrote about similar policy concerns, saying RBC held a team meeting for this employee and co-workers informing them of a 30-70 push, where their team would be rearranged to have 30 per cent full-time RBC employees and 70 per cent iGATE foreign workers.

story

There obviously is something very wrong in the whole picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join