It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exopolitics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I've come across these two sites, and was curious to know more about them by others who have perhaps had experience with these sites or Exopolitics in general.

The first is Exo University here.
The second is Exopolitics Institute here.

ExoUniverisity is described as:

ExoUniversity is an online educational entity whose goal is to provide leading-edge web-based interactive continuing education, research, information, and policy regarding Exopolitics, PsiSciences, Exoconsciousness and Exosciences to individuals from ages 10 – 100+ throughout the world, and to help foster a new multi-dimensional economy in the application of these disciplines.

For definitional purposes, Exopolitics is the science of relations among intelligent civilizations in the multi-verse.

Exopoitics Institute is described as:

The Institute was created to simultaneously provide support for scholars engaged in exopolitical research, whistleblowers disclosing information about covert projects allegedly involving extraterrestrials or their technology, and/or individuals claiming to have experienced extraterrestrial contact. Without institutional support many scholars, ‘whistleblowers’, and ‘contactees’ would not be able to present to the general public the invaluable information and technologies gained from their research, work, communications and/or contact with extraterrestrial races.

I know they provide courses with certificates and diplomas, so my question is: has anyone actually completed any of these courses, and if so, how were they (ie. do they seem scientific and organised, just like a normal university)? And how useful are the things you learn (or the certificates) in the real world?

The study of Exopolitics sounds interesting and I know there have been some conferences on Exopolitics around the world as well, so this thread could be a place where anything Exopolitics could be discussed.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by fluffy

Hmm ! With all due respect, fluffy, I think these two websites are designed to part the gullible from their money.

Nothing more. A nice little earner !

I had a look, and of course there are costs involved ! A diploma or certificate in a subject which is little
more than speculation and wishful thinking, and runaway egos...

Regards.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fluffy

Thanks for posting this! I was not aware that there were exopolitics courses/certificates institutions. As interesting as exopolitics is, it is a new field and my concern is what your career options would be once you've graduate? There are so many courses/degrees/certifications in new areas of study, it's worth it if your:

1. Not struggling (financially), no one wants to waste money when money is tight
and/or
2. Deeply are interested in being educated in exopolitics.

If it was before the economy went to hot, stinky turds then I would be more for it, but you must be careful. There are money making scams everywhere now.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by fluffy

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Cost
The cost of individuals courses and for the full cost for advance registration for each certification program follows:

Exopolitics Certificate - The tuition cost for each course is $375 (five courses total). Students have the choice of paying at the start of each semester for the courses they intend to complete or can pay in advance the reduced rate of $1500 to cover all tuition costs ($375 saving off total course cost of $1875). Click here for more info.

Galactic Diplomacy Certificate – The tuition cost for each course is $375 (four courses and one seminar). Students have the choice of paying at the start of each semester for the courses they intend to complete or can pay in advance the reduced rate of $1200 to cover all tuition costs ($300 saving off total course cost of $1500). Seminar Tuition (cost varies according to event location, combination packages and early bird specials). Click here for more info.

Exopolitics Diploma – The tuition cost for each course (five), the Substantial Research Paper and the Advanced Instructor Training is $375 each. Students have the choice of paying at the start of each semester for the courses they intend to complete or can pay in advance the reduced rate of $1995 to cover all coursework tuition costs ($630 saving off total course cost of $2625). Seminar Tuition (cost varies according to event location, combination packages and early bird specials). Click here for more info.
exopoliticsinstitute.org...

Welcome to the nuts and bolts of ufology. $5625 for an on-line course is a cruel way to take money from people who trust them. Let's say you went all the way and got the 'Exo Diploma?' Who would recognise it? What status would it give the owner? More realistically, if you included it on a job application form would it impress anyone?

It's more worrying still that the Exopolitics Institute passes you on to Steven Greer's CSETI outfit for more 'training.'

Galactic Training Seminar Currently, the Exopolitics Institute is not conducting Galactic Diplomacy Seminars. To qualify for this portion of the Diploma, we recommend that you complete one of the following recommended training seminars. CSETI: Ambassador to the Universe, and contact the Seminar Coordinator. Galactic Diplomacy Seminars, Coordinator, Neil Gould. Exo Dip.
exopoliticsinstitute.org...

Although there are still about 5 ATS members in denial about Greer, the body of evidence seriously implicates Greer as a long-term fraudster.

Whilst looking at the Exo-Pol board, it's hard to see any of them listing 'Exo. Dip.' after their names or in their credentials. Once more, this suggests they are selling something that none of them value.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Such a shame that people are fishing for money everywhere and all the time, taking advantage of encouraged and devoted people who are only looking for answers.
Institutes such as these should not be established until we actually have public contact with extra-terrestrials. Until then, everything taught may be completely wrong and false and would not serve anyone any good in the end.
It would have been better if all the information they sit on was to be distributed and published online so that everyone has the chance to learn more about this ground-breaking subject, as it truly concerns every human being on the planet and and not only those who can afford to get a piece of the information.

I have no problem with researchers asking for donations so that they may continue their research but this is one step too far, too soon.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Exopolitics is a stupid made up word that when uttered among normal people will yield either utter confusion or hysterical laughter. it is a 1 way ticket to zero credibility in real world dealings.

spend your money or not. You are better off reading Star Trek fan fiction.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have spent some time looking into the exopolitic area and here are a couple of links to more papers on it:

exopolitics.org...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Overall it does present a diverse and complex situation in terms of galactic life. As for knowing which parts are fact, fiction or a bit of both is tough. Some things like the Chilbolton Arecibo crop circle provides a strong foundation. Hearing that some of our political leaders are reptiles in disguise does get hard to accept, there may be some translation issues going on. Learning about a jump room to a civilization still on Mars makes you go hmmm.

It is been an interesting topic and expanded my views on things. Being able to live with some doubt and uncertainty does help as this field of research is still quite young.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by fluffy

Interesting links, thank you for sharing.

I agree with the others that the Exouniversity is an expensive waste of one's time. It is a worthy subject and one day humanity will certainly train legions of diplomats in such places, but for the time being: what is the point? Can we truly teach a subject we know nothing about? The information we have is mostly hearsay and unreliable.

There are true sources of information, like the Allies of Humanity, and certainly I consider this to be my education about life in the universe (especially the Life in the Universe book by Marshall Vian Summers, strangely enough). Thankfully it's a free ebook. I bet the information is more accurate than this expensive "university" education.

As far as the exopolitics journal - I fully support it. I think our scholars should be considering these subjects very carefully. It takes courage for them to do this as they risk being shunned by the more mainstream academic community. We should support them. I have read some of the articles in this journal. Many of them are interesting and worth considering.

new topics

top topics

join