It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fidel Castro asks North Korea to avoid war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Just spotted this and thought it was interesting. Didn't see it elsewhere but apparently, Fidel Castro is chiming in on the North Korea/US issues. Worth a full read.

“Now that (North Korea) has demonstrated its technical and scientific achievements, we remind her of her duties to the countries which have been her great friends, and it would be unjust to forget that such a war would particularly affect more than 70 per cent of the population of the planet.”

www.thehindu.com...

Aside from the obvious, Castro looks really old (probably because he is), I found what he was saying as being actually pretty diplomatic. As articles about North Korea are ranging from describing its young leader in a variety of disparaging remarks and probably just pouring more salt on the wound, I think his words were actually very well and carefully chosen to basically soothe a bruised ego. Not sure but not often that Castro pops up on the political scene.

Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I thought Castro was dead. I know he isn't running the show in Cuba anymore, or is he?

I hope I'm not one of those people who had a time slip or have experienced some alternate reality.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Funny how the title doesn't match the content !......Castro didn't address just NoKo, He addressed both NoKo and the US to avoid war.

Cuban revolutionary leader Fidel Castro called Friday for long-time ally North Korea and the United States to avoid hostilities on the Korean Peninsula.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Good god, I can't believe he is still alive.

It's past time to make good with Cuba and help bring the beauty back to that country so we can enjoy it once again.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I was really surprised to see this article as well. Castro had been off the radar for so long, at least, to the US. The title was how it was presented by The Hindu but yes, he addresses the US and Barack Obama as well with some equally tough words. He cuts to the chase for both Kim Jong Un and Barack Obama. To Kim Jong Un, Castro basically acknowledges their technological advancement but nails what Kim Jong Un is doing down quite succinctly--"70% of the population of this planet dead". Kind of like "is that what you really want? You prepared to live with that reality?". Then, to Obama, stating that if he doesn't stop this, Obama will go down in history associated with images that will forever make him sinister--probably like Truman being remembered for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Castro really didn't mess around with his words.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thats rich coming from Castro who brought Earth to the brink of nuclear anniliation in 1963. Maybe he knows his time on the planet is running out. A few years at most before inevitably like everyone of us he will shuffle his mortal coil. And so he is projecting his fears via this speech?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

I considered that, too, but then again, maybe that's the point. Castro was Kim Jong Un once and, based on his words, has come to regret that experience. So yes, "rich" coming from Castro and highly appropriate to come from somebody who has been in that exact same scenario.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Last I heard his brother, Raul, is running the show. But I find it interesting that Fidel is making this comment, he obviously thinks that the threat is real. Maybe the MSM is reporting this stuff truthfully. I am surprised he didn't come out and say something like this is a conspiracy by the US to destroy a communist nation and gain more power in Asia.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well in my opinion here......and it counts because I remember the "Cuban Missile" thing, is that if Cuba is saying knock it off boys then there is something really big happening and it is spooking more than just the USA.

For Cuba to say as much things are not looking good.
S&F

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

The fact that he didn't say those things actually disturbs me even more. Castro in the role of mediator is not something that anyone would expect, especially in the US. It's quite obvious that he is playing mediator and trying to lay it all on the line with gently worded punches. The Cuban Missile Crisis happened before I was born, so I don't have Iwinder's personal experience, but I definitely get the feeling that for Castro to do this, it's pretty darn spooky. He's spooked out and he was one of the players of a similar scenario a long time ago. Not good.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

That's very simplistic, laying the blame for the Cuban missile crisis all on Castro, without considering the fact that he wanted a nuclear deterrent to protect Cuba from US invasion.

I think just as much blame should be assigned to the US and the Soviet Union.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
every day I spend my time drinking wine feeling fine

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

That's very simplistic, laying the blame for the Cuban missile crisis all on Castro, without considering the fact that he wanted a nuclear deterrent to protect Cuba from US invasion.

I think just as much blame should be assigned to the US and the Soviet Union.

it is a fair comment amigo, and I speak as a fervent anti communist- but you are right

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Fidel Castro is most definitely alive. I think we don't hear much about him since he's no longer running the country of Cuba. I doubt you had a time slip. He just hasn't been in the news a lot lately.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jennyfrenzy
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Fidel Castro is most definitely alive. I think we don't hear much about him since he's no longer running the country of Cuba. I doubt you had a time slip. He just hasn't been in the news a lot lately.

no....no...he was CONFIRMED dead by the cuban government WEEKS ago....

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

you're probably thinking of Hugo Chavez of Venezuela who passed recently. I agree with the OP...who better than Castro to warn both countries? He's the only living player left from the Cuban Missile crisis.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

If you read globalresearch.ca more often you will come across plenty of his writings. He is not running the show. But he sure is active with his thoughts and lectures.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

Jay-Z & Beyonce were just there not long ago throwing a huge party. Seems more and more people in Congress are for less sanctions on Cuba nowadays. Fedel's brother took over the leadership role some years back but I imagine what Fidel says goes. His brother has been much more moderate and light handed than he ever was though.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
You know it just might have something to do with the new Pope being from SA ?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
I thought Castro was dead. I know he isn't running the show in Cuba anymore, or is he?

I hope I'm not one of those people who had a time slip or have experienced some alternate reality.

While reading this I thought, I could have sworn I heard/read he was dead too? Then I turned to my husband and read him this post and said

"I thought Fidel Castro was dead too."

and my husband replied

"he is."

ETA: I now realize why I thought he was dead, but its funny how these things pop out of nowhere, and I won't disregard that in some alternate reality he is dead and somehow we all tapped into that simultaneously.

weird...
edit on 6/4/2013 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join