It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More US Deployments

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I think russia will be watching whats going on closely,if north korea did nuke america would the russians not be temted to take advantage of that situation.could easily end up with world war 3 if certain things fall into place.worrying times.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The US can still fail to defend South Korea despite best intentions.

If even one nuke goes through and destroys SK city; there will be a feeling afterwards that US did not deploy anti-missile systems despite having them, and thus left the security of SK to chance.

You may see and realize my words in near future. Please note down my words somewhere so that you know the truth sometimes comes from most unexpected places.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I see so many of these "china will do this, russia will do that, WW3" comments
it really baffles me, why do people think there would be ANY profit in a WW,
this WW would not be like that of our grandfathers and great grandfathers,
this is not comparable, not in any way really, if WW breaks out there will be
no winner, mark my words, no winner.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wondermost

We had five sitting out at Hickam one night. One broke when the others went home, the other four were diverts. The four diverts had to have engine fan blades replaced, after eating chunks of ice on climb out from Singapore, the other lost an engine during preflight. It wasn't pretty.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I still think that the US will be talking to their Chinese counterparts about any action or even any movement taking place. The Chinese have not made any comments on either side either about the US or NK. And the US movement allows the Chinese to tell KJU on the quiet that the US are serious this time and needs to back off.

The conversation earlier about the noisy diesel submarine reminds me of the new Royal Navy corvette that has certain stealth capabilities that make it have the signature of a rowing boat on radar. So a rowing boat signature picked up in the middle of the Atlantic isn't going to be suspicious!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Codenamed Looking Glass, it is United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)'s Airborne Command Post, designed to take over in case the Global Operations Center (GOC), located at Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, is destroyed or incapable of communicating with strategic forces. The term "looking glass" is used because it "mirrors" the abilities of the GOC to control nuclear forces.

Wikipedia: Boing E-6 Mercury

Wow, the planes have the ability to control the U.S. nuclear capabilities in the event that the GOC goes down?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

That would be awesome. But i dont know. It will have to play out. Im still banking its sabre ratteling till they get a check.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I hope they are planning on taking out the NK regime along with China. The people over there are in dire need of help and if there ever were a case for intervention to save lives I'd say there's no better example than NK.

Maybe we take out their air defenses and their leadership and China has their military leaders ready to begin a coup followed by a stable government and a ton of UN aid following closely behind.

It's this kind of thinking, "taking out the NK regime along with China" that makes me cringe every time someone comments in such a manner. Taking out 'China' would be suicide as a nation, for a lot of reasons, and could likely force an attack upon the US mainland by possibly two superpowers, China and Russia, along with many a middle east country adding their support to them.
This comment was not well thought as to the implications of China somehow being easy to defeat. Simply going back into active war with North Korea would quagmire American assets to the breaking point in some respects. Forces would have to be relocated to the Asian war theatre, and there are just so many places we are welcome to use as bases of operation.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

I got the impression he was referring to the US and China working together against North Korea???? Not taking on China at the same time as taking on North Korea. I couldve read that wrong but i think you might have?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yeah, OP, those are the sort of things you do when a LUNATIC -- who inherited his daddy's reign and worship -- threatens you with nuclear weapons. Talk about ego-maniacal. Little Kimmy Jong Jr.'s rhetoric, has, for the most part, fallen on deaf ears. ...That was until he decided to commit(?) to it (YEAH, WE'LL SEE!). lol, little Kimmy Jr. is stark-ravaging mad that we've "sanctioned" his free aid -- which his citizens NEVER received in the first place! And he's ready to press the big red button against ANY country who DARES look at one his daddy's statues wrong! He has no "justification" worth ANY merit for launching nukes, so he's being melodramatic about the little things and trying to upscale them. "OMG, they cut MY welfare check (sanctioned us)! We must respond with nuclear weapons!" Yeah...
edit on 6-4-2013 by Shaxuul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Both the EC-135 (before it was retired) and the E-4B have the same ability. They were designed as mobile command posts in case the ground command post was either eliminated, or comms were taken out through EMP strikes.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by MrSpad

Of course it makes sense to, but the thing is that in all the years that I was in a better position to hear things like this happening, and North Korea "mouthing off", I never once heard of this level of mobilization. I heard of cancelled leave, and recalls, but they never forward deployed to this level before now. I can only think of one other time that they even kept a command and control aircraft on alert, and this was when we had them based at Hickam. This level of reaction is unheard of.

Thanks for the heads up on what is happening, your above statement is the only thing I have read that really puts me on edge.

I have been following this mess since it started and up till your comment I have brushed this off as just more games.

You have my full attention now, keep us up to date please.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
God i really hope this dosent spin out of control.

What no one is thinking, if we do go to war with NK, China will have a great excuse to sale its 1 trillion dollars in US bonds. China needs a reason to sale those bonds and this is it! If that happens, say good bye to the US global reserve status. Welcome to the greatest depression.

Don't worry. We know what we are doing. It won't take long at all.

3 Days and that's it.

Then that will leave us with just Iran to worry about.

When Iran sees North Korea fall then they may just surrender.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigred37
I think russia will be watching whats going on closely,if north korea did nuke america would the russians not be temted to take advantage of that situation.could easily end up with world war 3 if certain things fall into place.worrying times.

NK isn't nuking anybody. The missiles will never leave NK airspace.

You are about to see the REAL U.S. Military.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Good, maybe things go out of control.It's time to a great war.The world is tired of all this proxy wars.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Zaphod, do you have access to SIPRnet? If so, just look up CONPLAN 5027 and 5077.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by angkory13
Good, maybe things go out of control.It's time to a great war.The world is tired of all this proxy wars.

No great war.

Every nation on Earth will breathe a sigh of relief when NK falls.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

You are not alone in having an unsettling feeling about this whole thing.

It could be just more rhetoric, but then do we really know what's in the mind of a young, untried leader like Kim Jong Un? Maybe the father was just sabre rattling showing the son how it's done as it were, because we don't know really know for sure if there was a close bond between the two or is it something that's been established and I missed that one?

Whatever the case as the saying the derives from Sun Tzu's, The Art of War "Never underestimate the enemy", perhaps we should do well to take heed this ancient saying.
edit on 6-4-2013 by 1loserel2 because: change

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The US can still fail to defend South Korea despite best intentions.

If even one nuke goes through and destroys SK city; there will be a feeling afterwards that US did not deploy anti-missile systems despite having them, and thus left the security of SK to chance.

You may see and realize my words in near future. Please note down my words somewhere so that you know the truth sometimes comes from most unexpected places.

True... I think 'best intentions' and/or 'best efforts' are what matter there. If war breaks out, South Korea WILL lose 10's of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people in the first few hours. There isn't much question on that. 13,000 Artillery pieces and rocket units all aimed at ONE city won't leave much worth calling a city for long.

North Korea has estimates (supplied by defectors back into the 90's) of 6-10 *MINUTES* for Seoul to be in ruins and able to overrun and bypass for the Dash to the Southern Coast and physical conquest of the land area. U.S./Allied reports I've read from the same recent past and dealing with the same tactical situation as they face today estimate 60 *MINUTES* for the ruin of Seoul. There is nothing the U.S. can do to stop that unless the North is either riddled with potential defectors who short circuit that whole thing ...or their ammo fails to function. I'm not betting on either.

The thing is...... There were somewhere around 25,000 to 27,000 U.S. Servicemen in the same general area and inside South Korea. I understand by reading contemporary reports that when General Custer had his command all but annihilated during the Battle of Little Big Horn, the nation was in shock. Well.. they'd be in collective need of valium by the handful with news we just LOST almost 30,000 people (and I have little doubt, there are more than that now...recall those 'out of the blue' call ups for Marines and others over the past 14-21 days?).

If it's losses while we did our best? The world can understand Military defeat just as it happened in the first rounds of the 1950's fighting, and may actually feel bad for us...though not NEARLY as bad as for South Korea. If we pulled resources or punches even a bit ...the World which matters which see that too and we may as well flush our whole upper Government, because no one works with US again for anything while any of them are still near power, IMO.

No one is ever doing anything but a full and 100% defense of the ROK, IMO.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Baby Kim took one very precious lesson from his Daddy:

"Hey Son...dont play with US when Republicans are in Charge...those will bite serious"

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join