It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Raiding Party of 150 Confiscate Four Shotguns and Three Rifles From a Prepper....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by coltcall
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They say that if the ATF has simply waited to arrest David Koresh when he went into a Waco supermarket that all that fire and stuff could've saves lots of children's lives?

Ah, yes....when will we have another Waco?

That's exactly right. I got into a long debate one night here over that and ended up reading all the reports I could get, including the end all definitive report the Texas Rangers issued. They'd been at direct odds with ATF, FBI and Justice from the start and were on our side, as it were. Looking to find out what really happened. After all, to the Rangers, Texas is all that matters in the world. As it should be for an agency like that.

The caravan of vehicles the ATF staged and went into Waco with was miles long. They knew in advance they were burned and the Davidians were waiting... and still went in to what became history we all know and many watched happen.

The thing is.... No one of importance was fired. Many were promoted. That was a long time ago....who do you think runs middle and upper management of the ATF now? I'll bet we'd find some of the same names from agents involved there to who is in management now.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well you can write to the Governor and request that be resended and hunting/protection rights be reestablished. My ex husband had to do this.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by akalepos

All those anti gunner and other idiots will be the ones who become tattle tales and criminal if REAL chaos comes.
Be prepared to take them out as quickly as possible.

Quite frankly ONLY the guilty want you disarmed.
You wrote this in the same Post.

So far receiving 5 stars from other Dolts who for the life of them, dont know why the Gubmint want your Guns.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by xedocodex

I bet you just about anything this "prepper" was one of those people who would say, "they will never take my guns without a fight" or "from my cold dead hands".

I find it hilarious when reality hits them square in the face.

But I'm sure there are some of you reading this thinking the exact same thing he was....right?

Nope! I am more in the line of thinking you feel quite comfortable allowing the government to use you as one of their useful idiots!

OR

You must be a member of the "Obama Truth Squad" and you are willing to come on ATS so many times that it is quite obvious you are here for work reasons more so than personal ones????

Care to address the use of 150 gestapo agents to take down a guy with 7 weapons???

edit on 2-4-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

I am just realistic.

I am not one of the delusional people that think they are a one man army like Rambo who claims ridiculous things like they will fight off the government if they try to take their guns.

Plain and simple, this man is a felon...he is committing a crime by owning guns. Do you have a problem with law enforcement enforcing the laws?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

If xedocodex has anything to do with it, you will do hard time for possessing that weapon of mass destruction.

And let's face it, it is possible that some members here work for the Feds.

Why do you have a problem with enforcing the law???

This man is a felon...he legally can not own those guns. Don't you guys always talk about enforcing the gun laws that we already have???? Then why do all of you bitch about it when it happens.

And yep...you caught me...I work for the feds

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Okay agreed this man was a felon in possession of firearms. I can agree that he needed to have them removed from his home. What kind of Felony well that's another argument.

The real issue here is WHY does it take 150 armed officers to knock on the door and say "give'em up buddy"?

We are broke as hell and they raid crack houses in South Central L.A. with less than 20 officers. Methinks these boys and their toys are getting a bit full of themselves.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Police couldn't say Thursday night what had led to the man being banned from owning guns.

Neighbors say Porter is known for not liking the government and being prepared to defend his family, but they also say he is a nice man who is very well-liked in the area.

Read more: www.wjla.com...

edit on 2-4-2013 by coltcall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
A witness testified that police did not find machine gun-style weapons or 10,000 rounds of ammunition when they searched the home of a Sharpsburg man last fall, but Terry Porter’s case will be heard in Circuit Court after a Washington County District Court judge bound him over on 14 firearms charges.

District Judge Mark D. Thomas found there was probable cause for the case of Terry Allen Porter to proceed to Circuit Court. Porter, 46, of 4433 Mills Road, is charged with seven counts each of possession of rifles or shotguns by a convicted felon and possession firearms after being convicted of a disqualifying offense, court records said.

An anonymous caller contacted Maryland State Police on Nov. 8, telling them that Porter had 10 to 15 machine gun-style weapons and 8,000 to 10,000 rounds of ammunition, as well as an underground bunker, according to the charging document.

potomacteapartyreport.wordpress.com... burg-swat/

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
More evidence of a MD State Police shoddy investigation (not coc aine 20 years ago, but aiding and abetting distribution of marijuana!):

Riley testified that the application for the search warrant stated Porter had been convicted in a U.S. Magistrate Court in West Virginia of distribution of coc aine in 1992….

A copy of Porter’s court docket received by The Herald-Mail from the Office of the Clerk of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia indicated that Porter pleaded guilty in 1992 to aiding and abetting in the distribution of marijuana.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That anonymous caller lies again:

Kamrad asked Riley about the anonymous caller’s claim that Porter buried refrigerators containing arms and ammunition on his property.

“He showed us two refrigerators that were buried in the woods,” Riley testified. Both were filled with dried foods, he testified.

If State Police saw (or interacted with Porter) minutes before the SWAT began why didn’t they just serve him with the search warrant instead of allowing him to go into his house and “disappear” which set in motion actions which included breaking in his front door and calling in massive military-style reinforcements that staked out the house for many many hours (closed roads, kept kids at local schools, and generally scared rural residents to death).

Washington County’s elected Sheriff was not notified that any of this was going down within his jurisdiction.

Parrott said had the state police involved the sheriff’s office in the operation, they likely would have much more information.

“They could have come up with a tactical decision that was much better,” he said.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I agree with you that the man was a felon, but a majority of preppers are smart enough to live and fight another day.

Realistically, if I was home alone and door-to-door confiscations were happening by any force (foreign army, anarchist militia, etc.), I would hand over my weapons without a fight and be as obedient as possible. However, I would call all of my like-minded friends, warn them about the threat, and join them to utilize their tools.

Strength in numbers.
edit on 4/2/13 by SmoothRhythm because: Punctuation

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The media called it an 'Eight Hour Barricade'......except Terry Porter wasn't in the house when the 150 raiders kicked in the door....and how do you barricade a house when no one is there and the front door is kicked in? Terry Porter surrendered himself the next day.............

Police say Porter voluntarily came to the Maryland State Police Hagerstown Barrack at 9:30 a.m. They say Porter has been charged with firearms violations.

Troopers say they were not able to find him at the time but took two rifles and three shot guns from the home. Police say they received another rifle and shot gun on Friday during their investigation.

your4state.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Terry Allen Porter’s home was raided using all the power of the state security apparatus not because he was terrorist, a bank robber, serial killer, or a relative of the Kennedy clan, but because of an anonymous tip that he was an avid outdoorsman:

Even the “illegal weapons” reference in the story was misleading. Porter had run-of-the-mill shotguns, an old lever-action .30/30, and .22 LR rifles anyone might easily buy at Walmart or their neighborhood sporting goods store.

A person wishing to remain anonymous contacted state police in early November, telling them that Porter “has been getting crazier and crazier over the past several years,” the charging document said. The person told police that Porter had 10 to 15 “machine gun-style firearms,” six handguns and up to 10,000 rounds of ammunition, the document said.

The person told police that Porter was a doomsday prepper who had a bunker under his driveway, as well as surveillance cameras around his property, the charging document said.

Two searches of Porter’s property — one Thursday by warrant and a consent search Friday — turned up four shotguns, a .30-30-caliber rifle and two .22-caliber rifles, the charging document said.

A state police corporal went to Porter’s home Nov. 16, posing as a customer for the business Porter runs from his home, the charging document said. Porter got “very irritated” during a discussion of the recent presidential election and “openly admitted to being a prepper,” the document said.

pjmedia.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by butcherguy

It has already been included in the list of things that make someone a potential domestic terrorist.... by our friends at the Department of Homeland Security, you know.... those people that keep us safe.

That list is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in my life.

Missing fingers can also get a person labelled. Shop teachers all over the country better watch out!

Why is this a surprise? Missing testicles seems to get people labeled as part of the "American voter majority" and missing spines get them labeled "Senator," "Congressman," "President," and "Your Honor." Missing fingers...
Everytime Janet Napalitano or Chertoff appear before Americans, we should all be showing them one finger on each hand which isn't missing.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This was over a year ago. No less disconcerting though. They're picking us off one by one and nobody is standing up for anyone else. If they came for me tonight, my neighbors wouldn't help me at all and you guys wouldn't miss me a bit. How do we help each other?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

This man is a felon...he legally can not own those guns. Don't you guys always talk about enforcing the gun laws that we already have???? Then why do all of you bitch about it when it happens.

There is a major difference between respectfully enforcing the law and using excessive force.

It was a major waste of tax dollars to use helicopters, armored vehicles, and 150 men to confiscate 7 weapons from one man.

Strategically and logistically speaking, this operation could have been coordinated much more efficiently.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So, basically Terry Allen Porter served six months in jail for a distribution of marijuana violation twenty years ago.

He expressed being a prepper and distrustful of government.......and someone anonymous called in a tip that Terry Porter had machine guns buried in an old refrigerator.

Somebody anonymous had it out for Terry Porter....and the full force of 150 federal troops served as bootlicks for an anonymous tipster spreading all kinds of lies.

Maryland SWAT Teams Thwart Avid Hunter
treeofmamre.wordpress.com...

You are forgiven for thinking that a major terrorist attack was thwarted in Sharpsburg, Maryland, this past Thursday. A Maryland State Police helicopter was in the air over 4433 Mills Road most of the day, as police, FBI SWAT teams, armored vehicles, and K-9 units converged upon the residence of Terry Allen Porter, 46.
Porter, however, wasn’t home.
Nor, it turned out, was Porter on any “Most Wanted” lists.
Terry Allen Porter’s home was raided using all the power of the state security apparatus not because he was terrorist, a bank robber, serial killer, or a relative of the Kennedy clan, but because of an anonymous tip that he was an avid outdoorsman:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoothRhythm

I disagree.

It is rhetoric that is spread on sites like this that is causing law enforcement to take such measures. If you didn't have people all over the internet, this site included, encouraging people to not give up their guns "without a fight"...then maybe they wouldn't have to be this cautious.

If I was in charge of any gun confiscation of a known prepper/conspiracy theorist...I would go in with as much as I can. I'd rather over respond than lose one officer/agent because some crazy person decides he isn't going to give up his guns without trying to take some of them out too (something commonly encouraged on the internet).

I don't think it was an over-reaction at all...I think it is to show all the other crazies that they will not under-estimate them and they will respond with an overwhelming force towards people that think they are Rambo.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

It wasn't "150 federal agents".

It was 150 total, including federal agents...but also including Maryland State Police, Washington County Sheriff’s Office deputies, and SWAT.

This should just prove to everyone that the local cops WILL cooperate with the feds on any gun control laws...no matter what a few local wackos say.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by coltcall

It wasn't "150 federal agents".

It was 150 total, including federal agents...but also including Maryland State Police, Washington County Sheriff’s Office deputies, and SWAT.

This should just prove to everyone that the local cops WILL cooperate with the feds on any gun control laws...no matter what a few local wackos say.

THAT'S what bugs me! They will do anything they are told to. And if you even bring it up, you're on the list. I deplore this tyrannical situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join