It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Raiding Party of 150 Confiscate Four Shotguns and Three Rifles From a Prepper....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
hey...here's a thought....if you are a survivalist, own guns, and have a prior jail record...don't threaten the president of the united states!!. forrest gump would be able to understand that.

No evidence that Mr. Potter ever threatened any president's life.

An anonymous tipster said he heard Mr. Porter say he didn't like Obama's policies.........

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reminder

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Someone makes a mistake and they have to pay for it the rest of their lives?

Apparently THIS only applies to commoners, and not politicians who continue to make huge mistakes and either they are never "called out" on them, or they are quickly forgotten,,,especially if they have the biased media on their side!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm not saying that what Mr. Porter was convicted of twenty years ago is right or wrong....mind you....

What I'm saying is that what Mr. Porter spend six months in county for....I mean.....150 Federales with helicopters and bulldozers and armored cars????

And they called it an eight hour barricade...when Mr. Porter wasn't even home???

Wow. Just wow.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48
reply to post by neo96

Someone makes a mistake and they have to pay for it the rest of their lives?

Apparently THIS only applies to commoners, and not politicians who continue to make huge mistakes and either they are never "called out" on them, or they are quickly forgotten,,,especially if they have the biased media on their side!

I mean....what was this HUGE MISTAKE that Mr. Porter apparently committed twenty years before that required 150 Federales to don Kevlar? I mean, are we really talking about a felon when talking about Mr. Porter?? I mean, really??

All over a shotgun and an .22 rifle??? Really???

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well Of course gaybama doesn't want anyone fighting back when he starts the homicide. OH the look on those dumbf*** whom are snitching preppers out, maybe they'll have a good time dying in gas chambers? o.O

Can't even trust no one nowadays. I'm glad i'm no longer on any american owned territory. I highly urge all here whom live in the usa to gtfo. :L

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Arolexion

There is a LOT of talk that should there come a time of martial law, the federal government has plans to confiscate the food supplies from those who stocked up.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by Honor93

Put up with it??? I full out support actions like this. With all the crazy talk on this site alone about gun owners willing to shoot police if they come for their guns...I think every gun confiscation should go down like this one.

Wow, you for sure like money to be wasted. How much $$ did this operation cost? I guess its not under 100 000$ If they do this for every anonymous tip they have, this will be a very bad expense.

But anyway, your buddies can print all the money they want, they know it's not them that will suffer from a bad economy.

How about watching the house and take the guy while he is outside, this would take at best a team of 5 men. When they got him, they could search the house easily.

This operation was a total waste of ressources and a big failure since they did find nothing of substance.

Do you think if i call them and say that my neighbor that i dislike is crazy and have 4 machine guns hidden under his floor they will raid his house? Oh and he also not voted for Obama and i've also seen him smoke some irregular cigarettes, he must be a mass murderer!

I would be so gratefull!! To see 150 officers is his yard would surely piss him off and he will stop listening to loud music every night! Everyone wins

See how stupid these kind of actions are?

Peace out

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bigwig22

oooooh, i never thought of that one

this could work wonders ...

I would be so gratefull!! To see 150 officers is his yard would surely piss him off and he will stop listening to loud music every night! Everyone wins
yeah well, maybe not ... neighbors here are illegal immigrants
... i'd likely be the one going to jail for reporting them

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Xcathdra
I didnt read through all of the posts so my bad if this has been posted -

The articles linked are from Dec 2012.

Its ok - I didn't either and noticed the same thing.
It actually happened Dec last year.

There was actually an ATS thread on it but the supposed reason for the raid was blamed on him saying something about Obama rather than being a prepper..

ATS Thread - “Doomsday Prepper” Raided By Police, FBI After Criticizing Obama

It listed this local sources..

Man who was subject of manhunt told undercover trooper about bunker, surveillance cameras

Porter’s criminal record includes a 1992 conviction before a U.S. magistrate in West Virginia for aiding and abetting in the distribution of marijuana, according to the statement of probable cause filed by state police. Porter was sentenced to six months’ incarceration and three years’ probation in the case, the document said.

A person wishing to remain anonymous contacted state police in early November, telling them that Porter “has been getting crazier and crazier over the past several years,” the charging document said. The person told police that Porter had 10 to 15 “machine gun-style firearms,” six handguns and up to 10,000 rounds of ammunition, the document said.

The person told police that Porter was a doomsday prepper who had a bunker under his driveway, as well as surveillance cameras around his property, the charging document said.

Two searches of Porter’s property — one Thursday by warrant and a consent search Friday — turned up four shotguns, a .30-30-caliber rifle and two .22-caliber rifles, the charging document said.

A state police corporal went to Porter’s home Nov. 16, posing as a customer for the business Porter runs from his home, the charging document said. Porter got “very irritated” during a discussion of the recent presidential election and “openly admitted to being a prepper,” the document said.

Porter showed the officer a 10-by-20-foot concrete slab, telling him that beneath it was a bunker with electric, water and septic service that was stocked with food, the charging document said. He also told the officer he buried refrigerators in the woods containing food and guns, the document said.

Porter also showed the officer his surveillance system and a metal box concealed in a log pile, the charging document said.

“That’s so I can stick my Saiga out there and go to town for when people show up unannounced,” Porter is alleged to have told the officer, according to the charging document

So there ya go - that's the actual story and facts around it.

More if you are interested - he has already been to court..
Case of Sharpsburg man whose home was searched is forwarded to Circuit Court

The officers admitted they didn't find nowhere near the stash they suspected and residents did express concern over the overwhelming show of force.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

You think they'll send as many Federales to North Korea to bust Little Kimmie Jung Un for threatening to nuke Austin, Texas??

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

so, it seems that 'charge sheet' reflects filing a 'false report'.
in most states, that is illegal and the filer can be criminally prosecuted.

isn't it odd that LAW only applies to everyone except LEOs

they can lie their arses off, falsify documents and waste resources by the millions and it's OK

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Frogs

so, it seems that 'charge sheet' reflects filing a 'false report'.
in most states, that is illegal and the filer can be criminally prosecuted.

isn't it odd that LAW only applies to everyone except LEOs

they can lie their arses off, falsify documents and waste resources by the millions and it's OK

The Gubbmint has got so many 'Anonymous Callers' on speed dial it's getting ridiculous. Gubbmint is not going to give up their list of liars. Gubbmint gets the headlines busting preppers and the like.....besides, they say Gubbmint is making a list of everyone stocking up food. To confiscate said food in times of martial law.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join