It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China places military on highest alert.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ok. So now things seem to be at a boiling point, no doubt. I'm not too sure we can keep ignoring this as rhetoric while the U.S. places missile defenses on the Korean peninsula and now this?

RT

Well, what do you think ATS? Are things about to go boom, or are the Chinese fear mongoring now?

Just to add, it looks like it wasn't missile defenses on the Korean peninsula. It was the USS Fitzgerald deployed. I'm quite sure Fox news reported earlier today that the U.S. had put missile defenses on the Korean peninsula near the border of N.K./S.K.
edit on 1-4-2013 by wondermost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This has bad written all over it.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I would never expect China to defend NK. I still dont. But if China is there to play the role for NK as the US is playing for SK... then... Thanks for rock and roll, coca-cola and my M4a1 that was very kind to me in my years... and... well... just to say goodbye and thanks.

good luck guys.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I think ....

North Korea and China have maintained a long-standing defense treaty under which Beijing is to come to Pyongyang’s aid in the event of an attack. The last time this was put into practice was during the Korean War, when tens of thousands of Chinese volunteer forces were deployed on the Korean Peninsula. The relationship between the two countries is often referred to as being “as close as lips and teeth” by Chinese military spokesmen.

Despite the heated tensions leading to an apparent disruption in trade and commerce between China and North Korea, the two are already making future plans to bolster their economic ties. March 27 saw the announcement of a new high-speed railway, as well as a special highway passenger line.
(Op Link at RT)

*THAT* needs some major clarification and China would be real generous to let the world know their thinking in at least general terms for mobilizing forces in the DPRK border region.

Are they there to contain or even neutralize North Korea ...or are they building to backstop North Korea and make sure no one overruns NK up to their border again? I think the difference is literally success or failure to repeat history on this whole thing.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

rabbit...

since when do the chinese clarify anything? You'll only know "when its done".

Its weird cause I'm kinda edgy... and usually I'm not edgy... maybe im just tired or something.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wondermost

China mobilizing troops, jets near N. Korean border, US officials say

According to the officials, the PLA has stepped up military mobilization in the border region with North Korea since mid-March, including troop movements and warplane activity

www.foxnews.com...

Not sure if this is Fox news doing what it does best and adding its daily dose of BS to the News, or whether to believe it.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
So,. . it is basically saying that China is being approached by a Double Edged Sword, .. Or, Which is it? Are they really preparing to backup North Korea as promised, Or, .. . Are they really concerned about instability in the region causing an influx of people flooding the country?

It is a really curious situation as China appears to be playing Both Sides Of The Fence, . . Out in the open.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
As a counter balance,S.Korea Needs to Consider Acquiring Nuclear Weapons
China is doing what any country would do if a major conflict(possibly nuclear) could erupt at any moment along it's border...posturing
but i expect doing nothing.
A radical solution would be to arm Skorea with the latest nuclear hardware and end it..
edit on 2-4-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

From OP link....

The news comes as the US deployed its USS Fitzgerald destroyer off the coast of North Korea, adding to its Sunday deployment of F-22 fighter jets to take part in the drills with the friendly South, which has further served to heighten tensions on the peninsula.

Meanwhile, North Korea has been mobilizing its short and medium-range missile arsenal, according to analyses of satellite imagery. Officials say Pyongyang is set to test its new KN-08 medium-range mobile missile; they say preparations have been spotted in the past. Pyongyang claims that since March 26, its forces have been placed on their highest possible status of alert.

Although officials believe Pyongyang will not provoke Seoul during the war games, they also fear that a miscalculation by South Korea could lead to all-out war, following its promise of retaliation against the North, should it launch its missiles first.

When will the idiots who control our fate on this planet. Stop acting like spoiled brats on the playground. Drawing imaginary lines in the sand, and daring each other to cross it.

Put those idiots in a boxing ring, let them duke it out one-on-one....leave the rest of us peace loving people to live our lives without being drug into their drama.

I'm getting sick of all this huffing and puffing by idiots who'll never see a field of battle in person.

Des

edit on 1-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by wondermost

China mobilizing troops, jets near N. Korean border, US officials say

According to the officials, the PLA has stepped up military mobilization in the border region with North Korea since mid-March, including troop movements and warplane activity

www.foxnews.com...

Not sure if this is Fox news doing what it does best and adding its daily dose of BS to the News, or whether to believe it.

What wondermost posted has roughly one hour and a half give or take. Its as fresh as it gets.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I would never expect China to defend NK. I still dont.

Why not? They did before. But I got a secret for you... come closer...

they are defending their continent... from US.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
So,. . it is basically saying that China is being approached by a Double Edged Sword, .. Or, Which is it? Are they really preparing to backup North Korea as promised, Or, .. . Are they really concerned about instability in the region causing an influx of people flooding the country?

It is a really curious situation as China appears to be playing Both Sides Of The Fence, . . Out in the open.

Considering 2 days ago, China announced they were taking a neutral stance in this craziness. I think you hit the nail on the head with your second option. China does not want a million or so refugees flooding over their border.

Des

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

From OP link....

The news comes as the US deployed its USS Fitzgerald destroyer off the coast of North Korea, adding to its Sunday deployment of F-22 fighter jets to take part in the drills with the friendly South, which has further served to heighten tensions on the peninsula.

Meanwhile, North Korea has been mobilizing its short and medium-range missile arsenal, according to analyses of satellite imagery. Officials say Pyongyang is set to test its new KN-08 medium-range mobile missile; they say preparations have been spotted in the past. Pyongyang claims that since March 26, its forces have been placed on their highest possible status of alert.

Although officials believe Pyongyang will not provoke Seoul during the war games, they also fear that a miscalculation by South Korea could lead to all-out war, following its promise of retaliation against the North, should it launch its missiles first.

When will the idiots who control our fate on this planet. Stop acting like spoiled brats on the playground. Drawing imaginary lines in the sand, and daring each other to cross it.

Put those idiots in a boxing ring, let them duke it out one-on-one....leave the rest of us peace loving people to live our lives without being drug into their drama.

I'm getting sick of all this huffing and puffing by idiots who'll never see a field of war in person.

Des

Sadly, I am afraid the war mongers aren't going to stop this until We The People make them stop. How we go about making them stop at that level? I haven't the answer to that one. Not an answer I am comfortable making on an internet message board any how.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I can see that. They haven't got the room for refugees in their country. I guess only time will tell at this point.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
With the US trying to contain China throughout the region, there is no way China will allow North Korea to fall to the west. You dont need tanks and apc's for helping refugees, when Chinas tanks cross the boarder then we'll know.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I think ....

North Korea and China have maintained a long-standing defense treaty under which Beijing is to come to Pyongyang’s aid in the event of an attack. The last time this was put into practice was during the Korean War, when tens of thousands of Chinese volunteer forces were deployed on the Korean Peninsula. The relationship between the two countries is often referred to as being “as close as lips and teeth” by Chinese military spokesmen.

Despite the heated tensions leading to an apparent disruption in trade and commerce between China and North Korea, the two are already making future plans to bolster their economic ties. March 27 saw the announcement of a new high-speed railway, as well as a special highway passenger line.
(Op Link at RT)

*THAT* needs some major clarification and China would be real generous to let the world know their thinking in at least general terms for mobilizing forces in the DPRK border region.

Are they there to contain or even neutralize North Korea ...or are they building to backstop North Korea and make sure no one overruns NK up to their border again? I think the difference is literally success or failure to repeat history on this whole thing.

I believe you nailed it here. China does not particularly care for North Korea but they care even less to have the US or her ally backed up to the Yang River which borders China. This is why they got involved in the Korean War. They want North Korea as a buffer against the west.

We don't know China's intentions but my bet would be that its a show of force, a reminder if you will, of what they did last time. I highly highly doubt that China wants to engage the US in a war over a stupid piece of dried up land. They stand far too much to lose in terms of economic sanctions and what have you.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if China pulls a fast one and simply invades North Korea, removing that regime and replacing it under their own communist rule. That option makes the most sense to me. North Korea would never know what hit em.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I think that is an understatement. It could easily turn into MILLIONS.

Also, China has contradicted itself many times over the last month or so.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I think your on to something,I doubt anyone would stop China from invading Nkorea,and it would probably take some time to turn all the nkorean artillary pieces around lol,it would be the last thing they would expect and the last treaty China would make
edit on 2-4-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I'm getting sick of all this huffing and puffing by idiots who'll never see a field of battle in person.

Des

I really agree with ya, but I'm not sure we will agree on the reasoning. I think what Obama SHOULD be doing right now is moving what is available in the overall West Pacific into that area and publicly. I think that would send a message that we do not want this to happen and the force will be in place to quash it before it even really got started.

Instead, the Navy has deemed Kim so powerful and so serious a threat, he rates 1 whole destroyer? I believe I'd read where there is a second one, the USS McCain, also in the area or headed there. The fact it's even something to ponder is the whole problem.

Go in all the way or stay out.....is my feeling about the Military on this. This is NOT an "Overseas Contingency Operation" as the new name became when administrations changed in 2009, eh? This will be a real war ....Kim loves his missiles. Absolutely, positively LOVES them. Loves making them, too and to unknown numbers. I'd feel real real nervous as a Sailor on one of those Destroyers without a good % of the Pacific Fleet in the neighborhood. Carriers and all.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I believe Obama already sent most of our fleet into the pacific awhile ago. Doesn't take them long to steam over to the penninsula if they are needed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join