It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Based out of the UK.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
As far as I can see, Simon is "absentee" most of the time.

I only remember that he's a Richard Grieco lookalike living in Great Britain. So all I know is that he's a pretty boy. But that may be his intention.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
But for me at least, I�m devastated to understand that it is UK owned.

Would you rather it was owned by Osama ?
Now that would give you something to worry about !

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Simon is working behind the scenes mostly now. But he still is the ultimate authority on this website. The boss of all mods and admins....

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

What about a Osama Pisky baby....now that is something to worry out

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

I would be surprised if anything that he's still alive and has enough time to run this site.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
So what if this website is owned by an an Englishman???

Not everybody that visit's this site is an American, and not every Mod on this site is an American.

WHAT!!!!!! Hmmmm I don't know..

I think some of the confusion of this is related to the high number of political posts as of late, almost all with the US. election. Once this mess is done for, we can get back to our bread and butter (Hard core conspiracy) and less of politics. The highest number of members come from the US, but the membership and the Mods/Super Mods/Admin are a diverse lot from all over. Would get a bit boring otherwise don't you think?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yep I was tired of the U.S. politics talk 6 months ago. Imagine now... Although I do know that it's important for the entire planet. But that's a Mod to do???

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra But to Skeptic overlord. How is my position highly offensive?
Knee-jerk reactions to information is contrary to denying ignorance. And ignorance is offensive.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
why is the server in texas if the owner is in England and the operator is in NYC???

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I saw ATS as the only bright beacon of USA light. But for me at least, I�m devastated to understand that it is UK owned.

Please, get a grip!
This is the Internet, physical boundaries are blurred.
What DIFFERENCE does it make wh owns ATS as long as ATS is allowed to exist. *shaking head*

[edit on 2-11-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It makes no difference where your server is located. My website is somewhere on a server in San Fransisco, if I remmber correctly. Yet I am not in America.

This IS the internet after all.....

Originally posted by they see ALL
why is the server in texas if the owner is in England and the operator is in NYC???

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Owned by an Englishman...servers in Texas...operated from NYC...

...so whats that leave us with?? A Conspiracy about crappy weather and high fuel prices, resulting in using cattle and assorted livestock as transport, while attempting to negotiate insane rush hour traffic...

...sounds perfect...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I saw ATS as the only bright beacon of USA light. But for me at least, I�m devastated to understand that it is UK owned.

I don't really understand your devastation at the discovery that this site originated in the UK. I don't remember seeing the words 'AboveTopSecret denying ignorance across America' anywhere, and this is the WWW after all.
Personally I don't think it matters where the site originated from or is run from, as long as it is here for us.

Just as a point of interest, here is a breakdown of the origin of visitors to ATS at the moment.

www.big-boards.com...

So regardless of where ATS originated the beacon of the USA is shining brightly enough if thats all your looking to see. Personally I like the fact that ATS has opened up the whole world for me.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

ATS is the closet thing that I have in order to see what is happening in America. I have no TV here. I hardly even have a sense of what�s going on in my country. I use ATS as a crutch almost whenever I feel as if the UK is just tearing me down. Tearing me down in a nationalistic sense.

What are you living in a cave?

You make it sound like we still live in the dark ages in the U.K

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   

It probably may seem like it but I visited Above Top Secret everyday since I've been living in the UK because I felt that it's the quite possibly the only thing that could link me back to the states. ATS is the closet thing that I have in order to see what is happening in America. I have no TV here. I hardly even have a sense of what�s going on in my country. I use ATS as a crutch almost whenever I feel as if the UK is just tearing me down. Tearing me down in a nationalistic sense.

I know what people are going to say. Listen, I don't hate the UK. I'm not going to move back because I don't like it. And I'm not going to stop posting on ATS because its UK owned.

It appears I am not the only one offended by this chap.Does it matter that it is owned by a Brit? I couldn't care less if it was owned by a Zwahili Tribesman called Dave the Chinaman who lived in the Antartic, its the site that made me come here first and foremost, and I couldn't give a rats bottom who runs it.

And yes, it does seem like he is portraying the UK as being some backward little island with no water or electric...

jeez mate, if you miss american TV that much, get satellite(Sky One shows a load of this strange American concept of "TV"
), or perhaps, here a thought, you could try and sample what WE have to offer, and maybe you wont form such views about the rest of the world

(I have reigned myself in somewhat from what i WAS going to say, didn't want to be warned!)

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Topic already has been covered, my bad.

[edit on 11/2/2004 by Simulacra]

[edit on 11/2/2004 by Simulacra]

SO WHAT..... YOUR AVATAR SAYS WALES, UK WHY DID YOU MAKE ISSUE OVER IT ANYWAY............. AND WHAT THE DEAL WITH THE MAD FACE SMILEY, If Simon wants to air his laundry that's on him this is an issue where freedom of Public Info should bow to COMMON HUMAN RESPECT,
Anyone who has objections to his allowing us to talk out, here and take it as offensive to their religion,beliefs,goverment party etc. And wishes harm to him as a retaliation just got the keys to his door so to speak.....That bad form to the infinitive degree, this SUCKS.

SIMON should be the one with the highest amount of privacy out of all of us, Now Osama if he wants my address fine have him u2u me and I gladly
tell that SCREW UP where I live. However its noone elses place to air anything I dont offer myself if OSAMA DONT ASK ME AND DOES LOOK IT UP
HIMSELF THEN THATS ON HIM its not for anyone to volunteer it for me......

THIS SUCKS, BAD FORM MAN!!!!and you are the first I'm Ignoring *****CLICK******

[edit on 3/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
TO ALL ATS..... MODS AND ADMINISTRATION

I would like to appologize for the excessive language in my previous post and I edited all but one word which someone got to before me ,
I started editing immediately after post cause I knew I was blustering out of control .

I feel in a day and age where people would love to hunt down people, like
any of the staff here for allowing us to talk out against them, things of sensative nature should be left out of common forum areas. I felt offended that someone would risk someone like Simon and this site over a stupid address even more so when the person who did it lives on the same contenient .......

AGAIN I"M SORRY TO EVERYONE>>>>>

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I'm unsure exactly whats happened here, but get the impression Simulacra posted SG's address and phone number because he was annoyed with our founding member being UK based.

Simulacra you certainly know how to make friends.

Will you be apologising or leaving?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Wow. I've seen some pretty lame premises for threads, but this one has an almost archetypal vibe to it.

Posting to it feels like a guilty pleasure. I'm such a dirty boy!

Of all the wildly inadvisable things a person could come up with to post on ATS, a thread bagging on England -- and Simon, no less -- is one that caught me by surprise. Antagonizing the website owner. Brilliant!

O! Sweet Oblivion, Thou Authress Of The Bizarre!

I suppose if you're going to do something stupid, you might as well do something really stupid. This thread seems to illustrate that philosophy well.

This would be a great addition to SkepticOverlord's "Ignorance Embraced" collection.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
SO WHAT..... YOUR AVATAR SAYS WALES, UK [edit on 3/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

I'm living in wales temporarily. I'm an american.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join