It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Based out of the UK.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Topic already has been covered, my bad.

[edit on 11/2/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
just a suggestion but don't post peoples addresses on ATS,

how would you feel if people posted your home address without your permisson?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
just a suggestion but don't post peoples addresses on ATS,

how would you feel if people posted your home address without your permisson?

It's public information. Anyone can do a simple whois and get this info. Deny Ignorance, remember?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It has been announced a few times here on ATS that it's owned and run out of the UK, so no surprise here

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
It's public information. Anyone can do a simple whois and get this info. Deny Ignorance, remember?

i'll repeat myself: how would you feel if people posted your home address without your permisson?

I bet my address is on the net somewhere but i wouldn't want it posting here.

I'm not even sure if you can post peoples home address on ATS.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The domain is registered to an Englishman, but I think the server is in the US.

By the way, I would remove his address and phone number. It may be public information but that does not mean it should be posted on a public forum.

Show some respect.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ah, well its a surprise for me. I guess everyone is just a little itchy come election times. People feel like they need to show their patriotism, including me. The ironic thing is, im temporarily living in the UK.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The server is in Texas last I checked...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
The server is in Texas last I checked...

Nm.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The owner is British.

The server is in Texas.

Staff are from across the world.

Traffic is aproximately 65% from the USA,7% from Canada,7% from UK.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Abovetopsecret based out of the UK?! I thought this site was the pinnacle of patriotism and stood for what was still true about america. But its based out of the UK! Come on!

I didn't know this was a big secret.... I would think the name "Simon" would be a dead-giveaway, hehe...

The server is in America, and so are a majority of membership, that's all.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So what if this website is owned by an an Englishman???

Not everybody that visit's this site is an American, and not every Mod on this site is an American. It caters to issues in the entire world. And it was never about patriotism for any country whatsoever.

This website is primarily about government conspiracies. Years ago there was hardly any politics discussed here on the board. But government conspiracies, underground bases, ufo's, secret projects etc... were discussed here.

The only reason why it seems to be so American orientated is because the majority of visitors and members of this site are Americans. That's all. But there are visitors and members from almost every country in the world here on ATS. And don't you ever forget that.

Bandit795... An ARUBIAN Mod.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I don't think most members will be surprised - plus if you look under members it clearly states that Simon Gray is listed as living in UK.

Right now the eyes of the world seem to be on the USA because of the elections etc. but don't you think that we are a part of a global community here --- it is one of the things I like about this site is getting viewpoints from people all over the world.

jm

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra But its based out of the UK! Come on!
What's wrong with that... and why are you so angry about it? Your position is highly offensive.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
What's wrong with that... and why are you so angry about it?

Your position is highly offensive.

It probably may seem like it but I visited Above Top Secret everyday since I've been living in the UK because I felt that it's the quite possibly the only thing that could link me back to the states. ATS is the closet thing that I have in order to see what is happening in America. I have no TV here. I hardly even have a sense of what�s going on in my country. I use ATS as a crutch almost whenever I feel as if the UK is just tearing me down. Tearing me down in a nationalistic sense.

I know what people are going to say. Listen, I don't hate the UK. I'm not going to move back because I don't like it. And I'm not going to stop posting on ATS because its UK owned.

I saw ATS as the only bright beacon of USA light. But for me at least, I�m devastated to understand that it is UK owned.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
ah my friend....................Get a life

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I saw ATS as the only bright beacon of USA light.

Why not look at it as a beacon of light for the World

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

I saw ATS as the only bright beacon of USA light.

Why not look at it as a beacon of light for the World

Alright done. But to Skeptic overlord. How is my position highly offensive?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Whats the big deal. The server is part of the ev1.net array and Mods from different parts of the world run it. What does that have to do with the price of corn in Idaho. Or is that tomatoes?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

But for me at least, I�m devastated to understand that it is UK owned.

Really?

Sucks to be you then!

Ever hear the phrase "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" ?

Couple that with a xenophobic and ethnocentric tendencies and things get really ugly... (help with big words).

Your position is highly offensive (to me - not speaking for SO) because you obviously have no regard for anything not "American".

Why don't you take the opportunity of living in Europe to go explore it and learn from it.

Turning off the Government/corporate media propaganda machine from back home for a while is not a bad idea.

Word of advice...broaden you horizons a bit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join