It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What America really needs to do

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'm so sick of the politics in this country. We need some common sense solutions and since everyone always asks "what would you do different", here is what I would do day 1 as President:

1: All troops return home NOW! Not tomorrow, not 6 months or 3 years from now. TODAY! Make the call.
2: Close all foreign bases. Why do we need bases in Germany? Is Hitler coming back? Close them.
3: All those troops that are no longer fighting BS wars? Put them on OUR border. Thanks and BYE drug cartel.
4: Drug cartel? Americans are grown adults. Drugs are legal like they used to be in the 50s.
5: ALL FOREIGN AID STOPS! ALL OF IT! NOW! YES THAT INCLUDES ISRAEL!
6: All that new moneys? Invest it back into infrastructure, education and manufacturing (welcome back Detroit).
7: Tell China to go to hell, we have no debt. Invade if you have a problem with that (good luck, see rule 1).
8: Tell the middle east to go to hell, we drill our own oil. Let the Brits nanny Israel, they created her.
9: Abolish the Federal Reserve and back our currency with gold or silver.
10: Make sure everyone in this damn country understands the word treason. It seems not many people do.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Possibly the worst approach to politics I've ever seen, very self centred too.
edit on 29-3-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Explain.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
You would probably be assassinated in your first week

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'm honestly at a loss. Why? This puts America FIRST! Is that not what America wants? If you're going to reply with opposition, at least give me a reason as to why.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Theimp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
So what was it? Because I told Israel and China to go to hell?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

#7...china is indebt to the US...all the way back from ww1...do some research and the truth will play different stories.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

You got my vote.

Where do I sign up?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Trust me, I could care less what China thinks anyone owes them. They have literally taken our entire industry. Nothing is owed to China.

Regardless, I want to know why people look at a list that is AMERICA FIRST and stick their nose up at it? It honestly makes no sense to me. It's like saying "let's rebuild America" and someone responding by saying "that's a horrible idea".

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
9: Abolish the Federal Reserve and back our currency with gold or silver. reply to post by Theimp

This is my favorite....I used it against my corner store Korean

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

yabut...that's the sell out...your already under nazi control..think about it...half the poo I own was made in china.I thought empire's fluctuated to a certain apex...never mind,I'm canadian,I have no bussiness...but still ,very interested

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Canadians. I always liked Canadians and Australians. Shame they're both stuck in this British commonwealth thing.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theimp
I'm so sick of the politics in this country. We need some common sense solutions and since everyone always asks "what would you do different", here is what I would do day 1 as President:

1: All troops return home NOW! Not tomorrow, not 6 months or 3 years from now. TODAY! Make the call.
2: Close all foreign bases. Why do we need bases in Germany? Is Hitler coming back? Close them.
3: All those troops that are no longer fighting BS wars? Put them on OUR border. Thanks and BYE drug cartel.
4: Drug cartel? Americans are grown adults. Drugs are legal like they used to be in the 50s.
5: ALL FOREIGN AID STOPS! ALL OF IT! NOW! YES THAT INCLUDES ISRAEL!
6: All that new moneys? Invest it back into infrastructure, education and manufacturing (welcome back Detroit).
7: Tell China to go to hell, we have no debt. Invade if you have a problem with that (good luck, see rule 1).
8: Tell the middle east to go to hell, we drill our own oil. Let the Brits nanny Israel, they created her.
9: Abolish the Federal Reserve and back our currency with gold or silver.
10: Make sure everyone in this damn country understands the word treason. It seems not many people do.

11. Publicly financed elections where all candidates have the same amount to spend
12. Make corporate lobbying illegal (by virtue of the fact that it is bribing a public official even if indirectly)
13. Adopt something like party-list proportional representation, so your vote counts even if you cast it for a third party. NO such thing as a throw-away vote in a system like that.(This is one of the few things I actually agree with Israel on.)
14. Pass some kind of whistleblower protection act.
15. Immediately cease all surveillance of US citizens that is in violation of the 4th ammendment. No warrant = no surveillance, period.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Agreed. I think something needs to be done about the corporate run msm as well. Restrict digital voting machines. It should be done by paper and hand counts. I'd personally want to see the 2 party dictatorship dismantled and see people vote based on the person instead of the party.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Theimp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

i know,the suttle left overs with the spoons and forks eh...leave it to us to conserve and bow down...still nice on the great white north

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
What we really need is an entirely new re-written Constitution with a much stronger and broader Bill of Rights, and that fixes the things that the original Founders overlooked, such as two-party dominance, private central banking, and corporate control of politics. Adopting Constitution 2.0 should be the primary objective of a newly created political party. We need radical change, not just a tiny bit of tweaking here or there.
edit on 29-3-2013 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

No no, that's where we disagree. We have the FOUNDATION in place, we simply need to add to it as the times change.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
If we simply adhered to the Constitution in the first place, I doubt we'd be in the mess we are in now.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Right I think that's really the main problem here. We don't listen to the documents that we have. But do times change? Yes, and we've seen amendments passed proving this. But if we completely disregard the Constitution and Bill of Rights as "useless" or "old" then what do you really expect?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join